1.3 Open Beta Final Server Freeze

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm having a problem with 1.3 Open Beta Final, I recently downloaded it from the ESF website and I was PUMPED it actually came out.:smile: So I downloaded it to my Half Life folder and it installed just fine and I opened it up to play. Everything was working till I made a server, it loaded fine and the character screen showed
up then i press on Goku and bam freezes and closes without me even joining the server.:cry: I am hoping someone will help me fix this!!!!!!

Plz help me I'll answer any questions to fix this problem, but only know the basics of programming so I'll need help with more complex stuff:-/

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't play the beta. No one does, it's buggy, and 1.2.3 is far superior.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm having a problem with 1.3 Open Beta Final, I recently downloaded it from the ESF website and I was PUMPED it actually came out.:smile: So I downloaded it to my Half Life folder and it installed just fine and I opened it up to play. Everything was working till I made a server, it loaded fine and the character screen showed
up then i press on Goku and bam freezes and closes without me even joining the server.:cry: I am hoping someone will help me fix this!!!!!!

Plz help me I'll answer any questions to fix this problem, but only know the basics of programming so I'll need help with more complex stuff:-/
The last Open Beta is 2 years old you know ^^

In any case are there any errors that show up?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is terrible, people keeps asking for 1,3 help and its really killing grega to say. NO, DON'T TOUCH THE 1.3, NO, DO YOU HAVE HL1? AND NO, ESF OPEN BETA 1.3 IS NOT STABLE.

Grega speach: SO PLAY THIS GOD DAMN 1.2.3 and stop giving me a headache.

End of the story.

Last edited:
Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well sorry SPMaster that i got u mad and I know its buggy, stoped playing it. The problem also occurs for servers in 1.2.3 is sometimes does the same thing. There are no error messages except the not responding message and I have to close out. Some times the server doesnt even load and i have to restart the game. There was another error
message but I'll have to get back to u on that one didn't write it down:rolleyes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is terrible, people keeps asking for 1,3 help and its really killing grega to say. NO, DON'T TOUCH THE 1.3, NO, DO YOU HAVE HL1? AND NO, ESF OPEN BETA 1.3 IS NOT STABLE.

Grega speach: SO PLAY THIS GOD DAMN 1.2.3 and stop giving me a headache.

End of the story.
What o_O

How in Gods name did i get brought into that statement. In my 8 years time on this forum i have never used such a tone. Usually i more dark and sadistic, but never flat out angry. I will have Avenger testify to that XD

Well sorry SPMaster that i got u mad and I know its buggy, stoped playing it. The problem also occurs for servers in 1.2.3 is sometimes does the same thing. There are no error messages except the not responding message and I have to close out. Some times the server doesnt even load and i have to restart the game. There was another error
message but I'll have to get back to u on that one didn't write it down:rolleyes:
Try joining a few standard HL1 servers, and see if the same lockup happens.

Do you have the latest GFX drivers and what rendering mode do you have the game set to?

Its not really in the games nature (excluding ESF 1.2.1) to freeze after selecting a class. Mostly it would be on loading or on beam explosions.

As for the second error you were talking about. Yes would be nice to know what it is. It may be related.

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok ill see what I can do. I've joined some standard and worked, this error sometimes happens when im loading the server and the bar fills halfway and just pauses and doesnt go further.

As i said im not that good with computers so what is a GFX driver and how do i check what my rendering mode is set on my game. Sorry making this hard on u but hope u can
help me ^_^.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GFX driver stands for Graphics Driver. As in the software for your graphics card.

And rendering mode is set in the video options.

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok my GFX is a Intel HD Graphics Family card with a

DAC type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 1696 MB

My Renderer in game is set to software
Resolution: 800x600

If im missing anything say so, another thing im using ECX 2 with big pack 8.4 so if that can be a problem then just to put it out there. I didnt get the error message yet but when it appeares then ill tell u.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Change the Renderer to OpenGL and then try.

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok its working better but other help istill up for grabs

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Software mode tends to crash a LOT.

So yea use Open GL. As for your graphics card o_O

I must say i thought those intel chips were extinct.

If you had a geforce or radeon card, then i could help you with the drivers. As chances are you never once updated them. But intel is a different story. Unless you maybe have the exact card type name lying round somewhere that is. If thats the case, then search the intel site for software upgrades for your card. Just remember to check the model and be sure that it fits your own card. Cause installing the wrong drivers can be anoying to fix if you dont know much about computers.

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Never mind i got Intel® Processor Graphics 3000 thats what i just updated it to

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should come with your Laptop specifications. Try searching online for your Laptop model number and see what Graphic card it has.

Brown Cow's THE NAME
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok i found it its a Intel Processor Graphics 3000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom