Zeq2 lite has released their version!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Now here's something that's not offensive at all.
I only meant in a certain context, i didn't mean always. Just so he wouldn't get riled up when the replies hit. :)

I like how Zeq2Lite added boobs to all the characters. I assume that was intentional.
I like how you have a thesaurus. Can I have a thesaurus too?
ESF needs more boobs. We could always model Enix and put him in there.
Now that i think about it, Kudos to Avenger for trying to derail the thread. To bad it isn't working though. :/

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasn't an objective/neutral opinion. You basically said: Esf sucks, Zeq2lite rules. Which isn't the way to go. That's very demotivating for all these guy's who has put in a great amount of time and effort to make this mod happen.
Dont worry about it. We do things at our own pace anyhow. If we took that big of a hit from negative posts, then we would have stopped the project after the first Open Beta. His opinion is valid for him as is mine regarding the melee system in zeq. Thats what opinions are. Baseless points made from personal preference.

But this is not a thread about comparisons. Its a thread about you guys making your SVN public. For that id like applaud your community for not throwing out insults over every bug like it happened for our open beta. Hope you have success with it :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I just laugh at comments when people are comparing gameplay of Zeq2-lite vs ESF:Final...

I bet that those who wrote them havent played zeq2-lite (because they are too proud of esf even if they are just members) and havent played ESF:Final because its not out yet......but comments are here

You can't really discuss about gameplay if you havent actually played it yet :S - I've seen games that were amazing over video but when i touched it i threw it away....

I respect ESF - i loved it 6-7 years ago but time has passed and such gameplay and game itself became boring and out of time

I hope that this ESF:Final will be really interesting and fun game to play...What i really dont like with ESF (from all releases) is that melee system. Maybe Zeq2-lite doesnt have best solution for it but i think that ESF way for melee is not quite good either...Half of battles will be based on chasing each other. Even if you get really good with your mouse (which will be really hard) laggs can ruin your fun again...

I think that something inventional should be implented about that...

Regards

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Half of battles will be based on chasing each other
Thats exactly what we were stating time after time. ESF is not a fighter game. The point of the game is to outfly and outmaneuver your opponent to get that one hit in when he makes a mistake, not beat him to death in a punch feast. ESF was like that ever since the first beta. Thats what ESF is about. And while its true that lag can ruin your experience, its possible to play ESF at the pro level even with 200 ping as proven by a number of people.

So can the comparisons finally be dropped once and for all because again the only thing ESF and ZEQ share is the fact that they use DBZ as a theme. The rest is as different as the sun and the moon.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i hope that people will enjoy your melee system but DBZ is a fighting cartoon - and you guys are making everything on basics of DBZ but not actually implenting fighting which is base of this anime as its shown in anime/manga...hmmm

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You're here since 2004 and yet you have no idea about how many people played DBZ back in the day. (before big pack omg ftw bbq)
ESF has all the elements the anime had. Get your facts straight.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i hope that people will enjoy your melee system but DBZ is a fighting cartoon - and you guys are making everything on basics of DBZ but not actually implenting fighting which is base of this anime as its shown in anime/manga...hmmm
We are not making a DBZ clone. And fighting was the basics of Dragonball. Standing round looking at each other, transforming and then owning the other person was the basics of DBZ. We take libertys with our work, which gives us freedom to choose when to stay true to the series and when not. The fights in ESF are all about timing and taking every opening your opponent has to hit him. Its about reading your opponents movements and countering them. Nearly nothing is left to chance or luck.

The melee system reflects that. While it is different from the ESF beta 1.0/ESF beta 1.1 system the difference is 1 more level of foresight you need to acquire (melee type). Other than that its exactly the same as 1.1s system regarding hits only with a face lift to distinguish the different types.

And since you joined in 2004 you are probably aware that the 1.1/1.0 system was the most popular one till now in ESF.

Now can we get back to ZEQ. And if you want to continue this talk, drop me a PM.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I like ZEQ2 Lite, it's pretty cool, but it's melee system is awful. ESF is much more authentic to the DBZ lore in my opinion.

Also, it's easy to replace sounds, animations, models in ESF.

You literally drag & drop. Or do you mean make them?

Is there some magical way that ZEQ2 allows you to make them without needing to know how? Cause that's kinda what Flippe is saying, and if so, congrats to the ZEQ2 Lite team for making something so amazing. :p

I think you still need lotsa programs to make models for ZEQ2 Lite...and the skill to make said models. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but for my money, I'd bet on ESF:Final, because it just looks so much like the series and plays like it from the video's we've been shown.

ZEQ2 Lite is pretty cool, it has some nice features, but it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effort put into it as ESF does, in my opinion, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't it funny how the fans are the ones who control the "x vs y" arguments?

Dagger/filipe/whoever you are, I hope you're aware that comparing both mods and saying one is better than the other is simply just making the situation worse and giving ZEQ2 a bad name. Both developer sides just wanted to make a game, not have a community who would argue about which game is better than the other.

I'll be the first to admit something that either sucks or doesn't catch my eye. I'm a realist, not an ass kisser who goes with one side and agrees with every little thing; and I'll admit, ZEQ2's gameplay is definitely lacking (this is my opinion, if you don't like it, bite me~). However, with the direction Brad is attempting to take the mod with, gives it hope for upcoming and already talented artists and modders to release addon packs, or even updates for the mod itself, to improve the gameplay. And I like that.

I've been here for a long time, and I'm aware that this has happened before (DMZ, etc) and both sides can't control people from doing things like this, but I figured I'd just throw my 2 cents in.

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Totaly agree with Damaera on this issue

Best answers
I can understand people thinking zeq2-lite is boring ... if you only played public beta 1 just over a year and a half ago :p

There was only 3 characters and 1 map, no working server browser and its share of bugs and glitches.

The latest builds in the development svn, which is available to everyone and only became available less then a week ago, redeems a lot of that.

Lots more characters, new maps, rebalancing of attacks and fixes, more fluid melee gameplay (which continues to improve) transformations, and a deep complex power level system hidden underneath that single colour bar on your screen :p

I don't understand what problem people have with the melee animations though. I copied their exact poses frame for frame from a sequence directly from the show! And I think I did pretty damn good using the extremely limited amount of frames I could afford because of the model format. I would of done more extravagant, complex animations if it wasn't for that :p Oh well. That will be rectified soon.

Any other feedback and comments that could make the game more fun?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this should be closed and we should kind of let it die. It's not turning out to be a good convo, and it's like if we went to ZEQ2's forums and asked opinions, ect, it's just not worth it.

We've got extremists on both ends.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this should be closed and we should kind of let it die. It's not turning out to be a good convo, and it's like if we went to ZEQ2's forums and asked opinions, ect, it's just not worth it.

This thread is as valid as any other "Insert game here" has been released thread. And the most people who cant seem to handle the fact that its a DBZ game are from this forum.

I don't understand what problem people have with the melee animations though.
Not one person talked about animations. The talk was always about the entire system, not the visuals that represent the system.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

Give us one good reason why this should be closed. Debating and having somewhat valid arguements isn't rule breaking and doesn't warrant a thread being closed, so why suggest this?

This thread is as valid as any other "Insert game here" has been released thread. And the most people who cant seem to handle the fact that its a DBZ game are from this forum.

Not one person talked about animations. The talk was always about the entire system, not the visuals that represent the system.
Actually I think someone brought it up earlier in the thread and Brad brought it to light.

๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Every single ESF thread on the ZEQ2-lite forums is kept open and freely discussed. I would think it to be a bit disrespectful otherwise.

I'm not unrealistic though. Even though no direct 1 to 1 comparison should be made between the projects, I will say that personal tastes/opinions aside, ESF does boast an animation edge/volume. This isn't just solely because of Quake 3's poor animation handling or due to any lack of talent on Dave's part either. No, the reasoning comes from the shear workload that Darktooth has taken upon himself to adapt highly keyed sequences on each character -- uniquely per set at that. It's ridiculously admirable/applaudable.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it on good authority that DT isn't human. There's no way one person can produce the amount of results that he turns out.

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
I've played this game a few days ago and can't say I like the movements. The attacks are quite nifty, but moving in general is just too complicated. ESF for example has easy movements.

Last edited:
Proud owner of ESF:Final
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
@damaera : no im not a dagger.
@community : why arquuing about a 2 games who actually are based on the greatest anime ever? both of zeq2 and esf have great potential to be the best dragonball pc game around here so why still posting ?

both games arent finito ,we just need to wait till both of them are finished then you guys can start compare !

Best answers
A
As for being on-topic. I've played this game a few days ago and can't say I like the movements. The attacks are quite nifty, but moving in general is just too complicated. ESF for example has easy movements.
I don't really see how moving is so complicated? I do admit however that the controls are relatively hard for someone who never played the game before, but once you play it a bit, it's as easy as anything :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The point, when making multiplayer games, is to make them easy to play, but hard to master. Meaning that anyone can play the game, but you need to spend some time playing to compete with good players. So you should consider taking a look at your control scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom