Zeq2 lite has released their version!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how Zeq2Lite added boobs to all the characters. I assume that was intentional.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is like a Closed Beta than it got potential to be good. If this released as finished product than it's bad. Animations look like they aren't finished, characters body parts get's into weird shapes and positions when melee, also the beams trail gets bugged, the swoop trail should also blend in more not straight cut.
Neither. Its an Open Beta SVN update.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm sorry, i forgot to add "Lite" to it. I was actually referring to that ZEQ2, the sandbox one.
And it's not necessary for me to place ESF on a pedestal because you see it can do that on it's own.
I don't understand why you're so pissed about all of this. People judge what they get (to play) and until ZEQ2-Lite brings something fun to play that's the way it is.
Anyway, good luck with your projects. I really do hope to see ZEQ2-Lite as a great alternative in the future. Cheers!
I'm not upset in the slightest. My original bewilderment comes from your 2nd line though. I can perfectly understand that if a similar-in-nature project is posted about on another forums, there's bound to be fanboy backlash. This is only natural and typically healthy for pseudo-rivalry. The big surprise that hit me though was the amount of moderators and "higher-ups" that have retaliated in a demeaning/derogative tone without any sense of real objectivity, technical comparison, or knowledge of history (concerning BOTH projects).

As far as another distinction goes and aside from the glaring engine/goal differences, one of the key reasons there's a qualifier on ZEQ2-lite is that it's almost entirely run by contributors/fans. MDave, RiO, myself, SV, Joel, Nataku, Tomek and the bulk of the original development team play no role really besides supervising things on occasional pop-ins. The gameplay/mechanics, character roster, modDB page, forums, and even blog are maintained by various members of the community.

Animations look like they aren't finished, characters body parts get's into weird shapes and positions when melee, also the beams trail gets bugged, the swoop trail should also blend in more not straight cut.
Most of the animations are rather old or placeholders, yes. The body part distortion you refer to is actually an issue with Quake 3's vertex interpolation that is performed automatically to transist animation snapshots. I don't know what a "swoop" is, but the trails on the aura and beam are both controllable in settings to allow more rigid/fluid segment placing based on system specifications.

-------

All in all the whole purpose of me coming to this thread/forum was to return a compliment that Grega had extended by frequenting the ZEQ2-lite forums. I don't really know most of this community (or it's mannerisms) aside from the developers, but I didn't expect a response like this nevertheless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how you have a thesaurus. Can I have a thesaurus too?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All in all the whole purpose of me coming to this thread/forum was to return a compliment that Grega had extended by frequenting the ZEQ2-lite forums. I don't really know most of this community (or it's mannerisms) aside from the developers, but I didn't expect a response like this nevertheless.
You are in the wrong age of this place for that im afraid. Things were very different back in 2004. There was a lot more going on especially with other DBZ projects round like SOS, DBZ HOOD, DBA, BFP and even DMZ. But with the leaving of the old members the new people arrived who came here directly though ESF. Hence placing it on a pedestal.

You should have seen the backlash we had when we put out the open beta. We were called every name in the book. The newer community is just different from what you are used to.

The big surprise that hit me though was the amount of moderators and "higher-ups" that have retaliated in a demeaning/derogative tone without any sense of real objectivity, technical comparison, or knowledge of history (concerning BOTH projects).
Just to correct you there. Our forum rainbow is as follows. Red people are administrators. As such only Skyrider and Fuzzy posted in this thread. They both replied to uncnecesairy remarks made by other users and didnt really comment on Zeq2-lite or the trailers. Basically just doing their jobs.

The green people are Force Pit members. Those are regular users who can view the Force Pit. Its a hidden section with more frequent updates than the rest of the public. This section was used to pay the previous server costs since you could get in only with a donation. But they are still regular members.

The Orange people are validated members. those members are the ones who verified that they own Half Life on their STEAM account though a STEAM application.

Blue people are testers and black people are devs.

So the only people that really commented were regular users if that makes you feel better :)

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
can you guys stop arque??
man !!!

zeq2lite>esf

my opinions: esf has a crap melee system altough its the same as zeq2 but zeq2 lite you can controll your melee not like esfjust fly against your oppoment and it starts a meleeattack kinda ******* booring also the updateble content (SVN) is a good progress so all community members can just download the updates so we actually dont need to wait for next public betas!
another reason why i like zeq2 lite: the maps and modells are comfortable and everyone has his own animations, attacks and sounds. and for those who doesnt know: everyone can create their on think its easier to add addons and create them in zeq2 lite , in esf you need tons of programms!

btw D2 rules on zeq2 lites newest modeller!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone can create their on think its easier to add addons and create them in zeq2 lite , in esf you need tons of programms!
Define tons of programs.
Hammer is for making maps, you need a modeling program for models and an image program for the textures. In that regard you need the exact same amount of programs to make any modification of any game. You cant create models without a modeling and texture program same for maps. The code itself can be done in notepad, you only need a compiler. Ofcourse you can already use premade models and maps, but those need to exist first.

I can also assure you that we did not use the same animations and sounds for all the characters.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you guys stop arque??
man !!!

zeq2lite>esf

my opinions: esf has a crap melee system altough its the same as zeq2 but zeq2 lite you can controll your melee not like esfjust fly against your oppoment and it starts a meleeattack kinda ******* booring also the updateble content (SVN) is a good progress so all community members can just download the updates so we actually dont need to wait for next public betas!
another reason why i like zeq2 lite: the maps and modells are comfortable and everyone has his own animations, attacks and sounds. and for those who doesnt know: everyone can create their on think its easier to add addons and create them in zeq2 lite , in esf you need tons of programms!

btw D2 rules on zeq2 lites newest modeller!
My opinion of Not-Zeq2 is about the same as my opinion of you. I'll leave it to your imagination.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF needs more boobs. We could always model Enix and put him in there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My macbook > your pc.

Less adolescense. Good job on your release i hope it will be as much as you guys set out for it to be.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
just sayd my opinion but i dont want to go down to your level !

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just sayd my opinion but i dont want to go down to your level !
Taking these guys seriously is like taking a monkey for a teacher. Don't do it.

Best answers
My apologies for the unrespectfull/offensive "comparisation" from filipe.. We aren't trying to compare the game/rip off users, we are trying to unite dbz fans. That's all :)

Both games has his own different pro's/con's in a person's eyes, Some will like the semi realistic style from esf better, some the more anime like approach from zeq2lite.. Each has his own taste.

@The person who asked if it was finished or a closed beta.

It's not finished at all, the svn was released yes, but it's gets updated daily/weekly. And every update gets announced on the blog/topic made for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Z2L needs more GT characters. And SSJ8.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taking these guys seriously is like taking a monkey for a teacher. Don't do it.
Now here's something that's not offensive at all.
I also want to say that this is my last post about this ZEQ2-Lite vs ESF "argument" and all because i don't want to fuel it even more.
Some of us stated our opinion in a decent way (if i may say so)but right now things are getting an ugly turn.
That's all i had to say guys. Cheers!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My apologies for the unrespectfull/offensive "comparisation" from filipe.. We aren't trying to compare the game/rip off users, we are trying to unite dbz fans. That's all :)

Both games has his own different pro's/con's in a person's eyes, Some will like the semi realistic style from esf better, some the more anime like approach from zeq2lite.. Each has his own taste.

@The person who asked if it was finished or a closed beta.

It's not finished at all, the svn was released yes, but it's gets updated daily/weekly. And every update gets announced on the blog/topic made for it.
why are you apologizing when i just told them my opinion ..

Best answers
why are you apologizing when i just told them my opinion ..
That wasn't an objective/neutral opinion. You basically said: Esf sucks, Zeq2lite rules. Which isn't the way to go. That's very demotivating for all these guy's who has put in a great amount of time and effort to make this mod happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom