Zeq 2 lite upcoming beta 2 teaser trailer + Congratz with ESF 1.3

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lookin nice... so i guess you gave up on the release by sagas idea since i see SSJ's and adult gohan(if there was a release by sagas idea... i might have just misunderstood)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As it was probably said here before(too lazy to read all pages) Zeq2 lite would be even better with new/improved melee and new character animations.
The rest is really impressive. Neat graphics, works on low end machines. :)

Best answers
As it was probably said here before(too lazy to read all pages) Zeq2 lite would be even better with new/improved melee and new character animations.
The rest is really impressive. Neat graphics, works on low end machines. :)

Well yes the melee will be totally redone. The melee that is in pb1 is just something to replace it actually.

For my control settings:

Everything on default except for zanzoken and kiboost:

Zanzoken: e
Kiboost: While pressing ON mousescroll ( not that you have to scroll to get it , but press it )

And everything gets easy as hell :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And here i was thinking Q and E are reserved for roll left and right in the default setting.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeq2 lite melee system was just way to confusing and anoying to me, beam atacks kind of bad to,preaty much because of the melee I quit the game in 5 min and deleted it.

Last edited:
Best answers
Zeq2 lite melee system was just way to confusing and anoying to me, beam atacks kind of bad to,preaty much because of the melee I quit the game in 5 min and deleted it.
how confusing is it:

Press forward and kiboost when you locked someone

thats it ..

really don't understand some people.. There is a manual with all the necessary explanation

Btw, I gave some incorrect information about the melee system apparently for next update. It will be redone entirely but I said 64 diff skills, but that seems to be inaccurate, we can't say yet how it will turn out.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're all fellow modders and gamers. Lets just all get along and support eachother. ^_^

I'm glad that ZEQ2 is still alive and kicking. Blaize and I made a lot models for it and I see they're being rigged and tossed ingame one by one, which is awesome to see!
Good job so far guys! Looking forward to seeing more. =)
Eh, I'm sure most of us are willing to do that, but I don't think the "competition" between the fans will ever end.

The DMZ vs. ESF "competition" lasted basically until DMZ died. Sucks, but some people are just huge fanboys xD

Best answers
Eh, I'm sure most of us are willing to do that, but I don't think the "competition" between the fans will ever end.

The DMZ vs. ESF "competition" lasted basically until DMZ died. Sucks, but some people are just huge fanboys xD
Both different approach on the game, different engines, diff gameplay, diff graphics..

only shared thing is the dbz theme as base for the game.

So I don't know why there should be competition between te 2 games.. In my opinion, the more dbz related stuff , the better :D

Life is much more easy when you all cooperate instead of being selfish :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both different approach on the game, different engines, diff gameplay, diff graphics..

only shared thing is the dbz theme as base for the game.

So I don't know why there should be competition between te 2 games.. In my opinion, the more dbz related stuff , the better :D

Life is much more easy when you all cooperate instead of being selfish :D
There should've never been a competition in the first place, but fans like to compare both mods, (which is fine), and then in the end, they'll say "X is better than Y", which will eventually start a competition between the fans.

That's just my personal observation over the past ~8 years :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I was really amazed by the esf 1.3 trailer I SAW
I can see that. The song used in that video is some remix of the SAW theme song, lol.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the song is actually a soundtrack song from a movie.

Silbermond - Helden des lichts if i recall ^^

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how confusing is it:

Press forward and kiboost when you locked someone

thats it ..

really don't understand some people.. There is a manual with all the necessary explanation

Btw, I gave some incorrect information about the melee system apparently for next update. It will be redone entirely but I said 64 diff skills, but that seems to be inaccurate, we can't say yet how it will turn out.

well that's what it was confusing about it m you just prest 2 butons and hope you win

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't know if im crossing the red line here, but Zeq2 seems better than esf 1.3 gameplay.

No offense

Best answers
well that's what it was confusing about it m you just prest 2 butons and hope you win
well not exactly. As I said: Hold forward and kiboost to perform a speed melee to the opponent.

When a opponent uses a speed melee on you, you can press S to dodge the attack, that will lover your opponent fatigue cause he misses all the time.

Control to use block. Right click to knock them away, then press forward and zanzoken to teleport before them and knock them in ground.
left click to stun them.

Up and C to knock them into the air, down and C to knock them into the ground.

Jumps:

Normal jump: Space
Power jump: Space and kiboost pressed in together
Ball flip: Space and C together
Super ball flip: Space, C kiboost together.

That super ball flip allows you to gain tremendiously speed.

all that stuff seems bit difficult but really easy if you get the hang of it.

You'll see that speed is everything in this game. If you use the ground, and know how to fight and use speed. You can become a real hero or tyrant :D

@ Damaera

They aren't both mods. Zeq2 lite is a standalone game which you don't need another game for. ESF is a mod ( a very good one :D ) on the halflife game.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if im crossing the red line here, but Zeq2 seems better than esf 1.3 gameplay.

No offense
Hahah. Nice :)
ZeqII melee definitely needs some work. No doubt about that.

Best answers
Hahah. Nice :)
ZeqII melee definitely needs some work. No doubt about that.

Well the current melee system is just a mere replacement/placeholder for the real thing. it's just there so we have something off melee in pb1

pb2 melee system will be more revamped and more smooth.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the current melee system is just a mere replacement/placeholder for the real thing. it's just there so we have something off melee in pb1

pb2 melee system will be more revamped and more smooth.
I like the melee system except for one major thing. The damn lockon system. Its what keeps me from playing ZEQ.

Best answers
I like the melee system except for one major thing. The damn lockon system. Its what keeps me from playing ZEQ.
Lockon system is very simple:

You have ground and air modus, If you both are on ground, you can lock each other by pressing G. If you are both in air, you can do the same.

When you are both locked in air. And person A presses f + c. Then he falls to the ground and from the moment he presses those buttons he will cancel the lock his opponent has on him. Same goes for if you are locked on the ground, and you press R to fly up, your opponent will lose lock.

Simple as that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom