You Know What Grinds My Gears?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doctors who lie for money.

I was 'supposed' to have asthma, bronchitis and arthritis. All 3 of my symptom checkers where different. And you dont see me crippling, coughing or using a puffer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You know what grinds my gears? not using the clutch. It grind's them all the time :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who pun.

Note: that doesnt say pwn.

Best answers
Offtopic: How many people are are from Boston/MA?
Ontopic: Wiggers grind my gears.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reading this through has only made me realise that its intollerance that pisses me off more than anything.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Reading this through has only made me realise that its intollerance that pisses me off more than anything.
How can you be intollerant of our intollerance? ;)

I hate it when people pull that arguement in debates dealing with human rights or political correctness.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damnit, i didnt think anybody wud realise that so soon =/

and to be totally honnest political correctness really does get on my tits, whatever happened to saying what you think?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
and to be totally honnest political correctness really does get on my tits, whatever happened to saying what you think?
Nobody said you couldn't say what you wanted, we just have laws protecting against things that promote hate; racism as an example. And things that are outright lies; slander.

What grinds my gears? When people leave stuff to the last minute, and then complain about how much work they have to do... Now back to this essay that's due tomorrow.

Best answers
Angsty teenagers who think they have something important to be angry about at 13.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasnt what i was referring to... i ment it more in the way that you have skip around issues, or ignore certain points and talk in the correct manner using a selection of "acceptable" terms. Sorry, i'd rather just get straight to the point and not pussy foot around, people say words which can be interperated as ignorant however people focus on that rather than the point they make, or decide to disreguard their point of view because its not politically correct. I'd understand if it was something that was ment to offend or incite some kind of hatered, but when its there to make an intellegantly thought out point who cares what words are used as long as the message is proper and valid. Why make things seem all pretty and lacy and avoid the real issue? Imo, people these days are way to self involved if they get "offended" by stuff like that.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll agree on the overly pettiness of political correctness. Why should I have to say European American when #1, most Euro-Americans were actually born in America, and #2, White isn't even that offensive. Same for African American.

It's like that joke about the guy who goes to a bar and orders an African American Russian.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people who think they are better than you and try to prove it in any way possible

people who say "african-american" or even worse, the black dudes that want you to refer to them as "african-americans". i mean cmon its not a ****ing swear word or the "n" word, its just a color.

another one: black people who seem to think being black is an attitude and not a heritage.

people who think im a homo just because i have ****ing long hair

lindsay lohan

musicians who think theyre the **** and everyone else sucks

people who brag way to much (id understand a little but jeez)

Best answers
You know what really grinds my gears?

-Punks/GOTHS AND ESPECIALLY EMO KIDS GOD WILL U EVER GROW UP U WHINE AND WHINE ABOUT UR LIFE AND U F**** CUT UR SELF...... u should look around u and see who are truly sufferring like the poor......... gosh

-homosexuals( i just cant stand seeing 2 guys/2 girls in a relationship...... it disgusts me, and it simply isnt right)

-The loading time to enter one server through steam

- how people identify intelligent people who do their work in school as "nerds", and "people who study 24/7"......... i mean come on

-how the family guy show was shut down for a year

-liers........ enough said

-hackers...... god u ruin cs, diablo, warcraft, anything good......

-hackers(in general) nerds who take the time to fu**ing hack other peoples computers and see what they do, and take away their identity...

- how people are judged by teh outside and not the inside......

-how being able to play the piano is "girly"..........

-racisits

-people who say that all arabs are muslims, and that live just to commit sucicide......

-anti-christ's

-how esf 1.3 didnt come out in the summer where i could of played it to death...

-how i got a new computer and can not play starcraft on it because i lost my cd-key.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm.
- how people are judged by teh outside and not the inside......
-Punks/GOTHS AND ESPECIALLY EMO KIDS GOD WILL U EVER GROW UP U WHINE AND WHINE ABOUT UR LIFE AND U F**** CUT UR SELF...... u should look around u and see who are truly sufferring like the poor......... gosh

-homosexuals( i just cant stand seeing 2 guys/2 girls in a relationship...... it disgusts me, and it simply isnt right)
Anyone else see the irony in that? Heheh.

Evading the swear filter is against the AUP. I'm not turning a blind eye to people using this as an excuse to put forth racist or intolerant potshots either. Just something to keep in mind. Don't evade the swear filter in the future, or use the topic to try and take a swing at things you don't like. You can tell us that same-sex couples bother you without telling them they're wrong, and there's no need for that emo kid stuff either, honestly.

Acceptable 'Grind My Gears' remarks said:
how people identify intelligent people who do their work in school as "nerds", and "people who study 24/7"......... i mean come on

-The loading time to enter one server through steam

- how people identify intelligent people who do their work in school as "nerds", and "people who study 24/7"......... i mean come on

-how the family guy show was shut down for a year
Borderline 'Grind My Gears' remarks said:

Just keep it reeled in, for future intents and purposes, is all.

That being said...what grinds my gears...is when people evade the swear filter...

...just to censor their swears. heh. Why do people do that?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Seeing only a few active topics in offtopic really grinds my gears.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Seeing only a few active topics in offtopic really grinds my gears.
What gives with that? Its like everybody collectively buggered off.

Maybe we need a spam thread to liven things up. Nothing like an inane discussion to give me something to read during spares.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how some of my college teachers treat college like highschool

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Intolerance is a gear grinder...also...I still hate microwaves..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom