You Know What Grinds My Gears?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What grinds me gears? the term "grinds my gears" why not just say, "you know what really pisses me off?"

The holier than you thing is hard to avoid on forums... i mean, everyone does it... to a degree =/

It pisses me off when people have a lack of perspective, i hate it when people just do not want to see where im comming from, for no other reason than trying to be awkward. I mean yeah argue with me if u like, but actually take note of the things ive mentioned and address them rather than ignoring them or comming back with the same retoric.

Another thing that pisses me off is going into a shop for ciggarettes and getting asked for ID.... IM 18 GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >;[

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing i can really get pissed about is when i see a normal forum reg acting like an admin like "oh this is about evm, close this o_O". i just seriously hate that

The 'holier then thou' act on a forum can be prety annoying...
yeah i hate this too

um i agree with whatever the hell saiyan overlord said to

What grinds my gears are people who insist on posting their personal problems on a forum for a dbz mod for half life.
lol zeonix its funny you say that

Best answers
-People that drink often enough to start repeating themselves and don't notice it.
-Lazy parents that blame society for they're parenting mistakes.
-Spoiled brats that think the whole world should be/think/act like them.
-People that refuse to think anyone else has(or has had) problems beside them and victimize themselves to an unecesary extreme.

Brim said:
You know what grinds my gears? When people start fights for no good reasons. That's what grinds my gears.
Seconded.
Cold Steel said:
The 'holier then thou' act on a forum can be prety annoying...
Seconded, but not just on a forum, anywhere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
when kidboy posts pics of new pics of himself in that picture thread...get over yourself kid...
What grinds my gears is when people talk about me and start fantasizing about me. GET THOSE NAUGHTY IMAGES OF ME, OUT OF YOUR HEAD!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
little kids that try to act mature and failing at it.
What age range are you referring to? If you mean around 15, then please go swallow a knife, and I now hate you.

Best answers
It grinds my gears when people can't have a conversation about what grinds they're gears without getting personal, if they can't handle it they should not have the conversation at all :smile:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who think someone is always out to hurt them.
Talking behind someone's back.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh recieves a warning for that little comment.

For the future if you have a problem with a post please contact a moderator and we will handle the situation. I will keep this thread open but I do not want too see anymore posts that may start a flame war.

Best answers
Me and my brother are on a router and on DSL. It "grinds my gears" to no end when he decides to download some random 2gig+ file exaclty when i wake up, giving me 1000+ms in WoW. Since im so stupidly addicted to WoW i cant play anything else, all other games just cant compare. And he dosent care that hes lagging me to death. Today has been one of the most boring days ever and the file has 600mb downloaded so far... Oh god..

Sorry just venting here..

Now forum related...

Guys that pretend to be girls in the internet also "grinds my gears".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When people set rules and standards to make it into a clan and then u make it only to find out that they JUST changed the rules again so u in fact are NOT in...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It grinds my gears when people ask questions about ESF that are answered in the stickies.

It grinds me gears when people don't read the stickies.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When people think they are so important someone would have gone out of the way to change the rules just for them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And FYI for anyone, it doesn't have to be forum/internet related, the grinding of one's gears is not limited to electronics.

When people in my school get offended just becasue someone was talking **** on them, that the automatic solution is a "fight", instead of being the better man/woman and ignoring it.

Best answers
When people try and piss you off just to see you pissed off, and the so called "dumb blondes" (dont mean to offend anyone, im blonde too, and thats just what they're called)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
It grinds my gears when people ask questions about ESF that are answered in the stickies.

It grinds me gears when people don't read the stickies.
I second that as much as humanly possible

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
And FYI for anyone, it doesn't have to be forum/internet related, the grinding of one's gears is not limited to electronics.

When people in my school get offended jsut becasue someone was talking **** on them, that the automatic solution is a "fight", instead of being the better man/woman and ignoring it.
Indeed. I allways ignore any 'taunts' towards me or laugh about it. While pretty much anyone else would approach the other guy and tell him to go outside to 'settle' it.

But then again, I'm a big guy. I can handle myself, but I simply prefer to keep things relaxed instead of causing a ruckus and get thrown out of the bar/pub. Which happened on a regular occasion when I was younger.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't stand hypocrits, that is the ultimate thing for me, it's just so damn annoying. I can't stand hardcore gamers, or football fans. Football fans and gamers pretty much annoy me on the same level, it doesn't matter if you beat the game, or your favorite team won the suprbowl, you havn't accomplished anything....

Like that one famous saying on the internet goes

"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarded".

Words to live by....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom