You Know What Grinds My Gears?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It grinds my gears when, during an argument, I have several legitimate reasons and examples of why I think what I think and the other person just shakes their head and tells me no, completely disregarding any relevent argument I might have made.

It grinds my gears when I have a different view on something than someone else and so that person gets extremely aggitated for no apparent reason, blowing it completely out of proportion. Then they believe it's you who is angry, but it really isn't.
It also grinds my gears when other mod staff take subtle stabs at me over petty things like whether or not I like Nintendo's new controller or whether or not it is possible to get Spyware from a downloading program. But that is par for the course here.

I also don't really like when I have an argument about something physical, something with an absolute truth, that gets talked about like 'opinion'. I had an argument with Smith the other day about downloading programs and their capacity for spyware, which is something that can be investigated and proven or debated in either direction. But as we see here, it was a "different view" of something.

While I am on the subject, I also really don't like downloading stuff, but people seem to constantly be saying dumb **** to me about that. The other day I had an away message up about not being able to afford Quake IV this week and I got four separate IMs (three from this forum) that almost immediately asked "Why don't you download it?" In fact there is one dude from this forum who only IMs me JUST TO TELL ME he just downloaded things and that they're awesome and I should get them. Every single time, I tell the dude I'm not like that and I don't even like hearing about that stuff, and he always is apologetic afterward and stuff...but nonetheless it seems to keep happening.

I hate when I see people's desktop screenshots and see daemontools on it. That **** doesn't work and is virus-infested, welcome to 2001.

I don't like it when 'internet-generation' kids have this idea that they have a right to everything. I think the internet and downloading in general are theoretically highly responsible for today's generation of rotten, spoiled kids. And if there's one thing that grinds my gears, it is today's rotten kids.

Somebody needs to go all Boondocks Grandad on this whole generation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It grinds my gears when, during an argument, I have several legitimate reasons and examples of why I think what I think and the other person just shakes their head and tells me no, completely disregarding any relevent argument I might have made.

It also grinds my gears when other mod staff take subtle stabs at me over petty things like whether or not I like Nintendo's new controller or whether or not it is possible to get Spyware from a downloading program. But that is par for the course here.

I also don't really like when I have an argument about something physical, something with an absolute truth, that gets talked about like 'opinion'. I had an argument with Smith the other day about downloading programs and their capacity for spyware, which is something that can be investigated and proven or debated in either direction. But as we see here, it was a "different view" of something.
-Nuked- Nevermind. I don't feel like starting another arguement with you as it'll just prove pointless. We need to take this somewhere else, like out of this thread.

Best answers
What makes me mad is how people can be so stupid on this planet, im surrounded by morons, it pisses me off by how dumb people on this rock are. And can you believe that there are actually a lot of people that blame bad weather (hurricanes, nor'easters Tornados and all of that other stuff) on the meterologists, that really pisses me off and it better not happen to me when i become a weather man (im a real weather nerd, love weather a lot)

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Thats what gets me ticking also, i have a friend like that and im not sure if im too opinionated or he is just an ass hole that always has to be right (which is what im leading towards).

Best answers
I hate how people think my arrogance means I genuinely feel better than them. Sure, occasionally, I'll talk myself up, and ACT like an utter arsehole, but it's always with a smile on my face, and I always backtrack afterwards. They're just jokes, yeesh. Yet somehow, someone always forgets that part and write's me off as a condescending ****hole.

I'd like to assure everyone I only ever act arrogant to make myself feel better. I don't do it to belittle you.

I gotta say, I agree with everything that SaiyanPride said, only he put it much more purty than I would have. I ain't as high fillutin' as all that...

And I hate how people just can't Goddamn accept my greatness. I mean, seriously, it's right there, people! Right under your noses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom