💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i came across a tutorial that looked fun so i gave it a shot. im aware the grid is overused but i like it on this image. comments and critz plz

Best answers
watcha mean overused??? it makes it perfect i give this aobut a 11/10! this is very nice 1m4 keep it up man :yes: :yes:

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ratings on this board are being a bit surreal. It looks like everything gets an 11/10, I wonder to what it is compared to come at this rating....

@ the wallpaper, very nice colors and theme, everything seems to be in the right place, except, and you mentioned this, the grid. I don't dislike it because it's overused. Instead, it just doesn't fit the overall theme of the wallpaper and looks totally out of place. If the grid wasn't there, it would look abetter I think, more calm, wich is needed for a place where u put your icons. Doesn't make it look less good though, still look great

grtz Naz

Best answers
*agrees with naz on this whole rating system shtuff*

Been thinking this for a bit, I wonder what they would do with say a wallpaper from syragon or something :D :D

Good wallpaper, but the text with the logo etc looks weird with the whole green theme...and to be honest, I never even saw the grid..at first :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*agrees with both tim and naz
^_^
well, its nice, nice use off brushes 2...i love your taste in images :)
like the font aswell..
gj on the wp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
more to gawk at =) 2nd in the series im doing. this one is alot simpler but it fits, i like it anyway.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
41/10 :p

it's nice, not as good as the previous one because of the lack of detail, but quite nice on itsselve

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah ill prolly work on it a bit more it needs smething like a nebula/little beams shooting, but unfortuantely i dont know how to do that

blue should be a little better now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn both look verry GOOD!!

12318124:123/10:yes: :yes:

how do you do those things man, where do you find your tuts, when i find tuts, they either look like some n0vice try, 0r some thing easy, i want to find a tut, that can make something like your wallpapers.
i hope il find some in the futere,,.....

GJGJGJGJGJGJGJGJGJGJGJ:yes: :yes: :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
999999999999/10 :D
10/10
It looks coo :D I like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its nice 2, but your first one is 100/10 and this one is only 50/10 ^_^
lol

Best answers
gettin better, much better. the grass brush on the first one is a lil weak tho

Best answers
Hmm...there's something about the first girls body, I just think it's a bit awkward...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Naz
the ratings on this board are being a bit surreal. It looks like everything gets an 11/10, I wonder to what it is compared to come at this rating....

@ the wallpaper, very nice colors and theme, everything seems to be in the right place, except, and you mentioned this, the grid. I don't dislike it because it's overused. Instead, it just doesn't fit the overall theme of the wallpaper and looks totally out of place. If the grid wasn't there, it would look abetter I think, more calm, wich is needed for a place where u put your icons. Doesn't make it look less good though, still look great

grtz Naz
Ya it is annoying eh lol, some n00b posts some sig of them useing a green/blue twirl with it extruded and people are like "9999999/10" :\ <<====== In no way relates to this thread, nor is it ment to.

Anyways on-topic, I must admit its very nice, and the chicks add a certain w00t to it.

The second one is trend whorish, sitll good tho lol

I'll give the first one 8/10 and the second 7.5+/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someone on devianart doesnt seem to like me to much, he has gotten like 3 of walls removed in the past 2 weeks. i mean common the whole anime section is a policy violation and i give more credit where it is due than alot of people on there. =\ what ya ganna do

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I definitely like the first one better. I think that the grid blends in with the image really well, but it would probably be just as good, if not better without it. Probably the main thing that I don't like about your second image are the crystals. That in itself made me not like it too much. I'd work with the second one definitely. :)

Best answers
On the 2nd, the wave effect in the left up corner annoys me, can you fix that at all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yay the green one made it in "the daily top favorite wallpapers" on deviantart

Best answers
There is definitely an improvement. Technically you have improved, and I think you are getting a better hold on composition. Though, as always, there are things to work on. My first issue is with fonts. If you use text, think long and hard about what fonts you use and how visually they tie back to your theme. Jaggy, hand-scribbled fonts would make sense in a angry note or a punk band logo, not in these wallpapers.

The first one works pretty well, my only real issue (other than the grid) with it is that light effect you did on the character, it's unnatural and I think it queers the colors of that character.

I think the composition of the second piece is a little stronger than the first, but I'm not altogether sure why you let the figure break the top border and not the bottom border, it looks like a mistake. I also think the texture for the back should be more reminiscent of water. The jagged spikes aren't very liquid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in the scond one i let the character break the top and not the botom is because she doesnt have an legs in the image i have. those spikes are mainly to make it look like the wallpaper isnt so empty.

the reason for the lighting on the first on is just because i liked the way it looked over the original lightning chose for character.

and for the text i did think long and hard about it. my line of thinking was "what will stand out and be completely sort of chaotic but still somehow look like it belongs with the image". so i turned to "anything you want" because although some letters may not be the most legible i think the overal look of the text is enough to make up for it. i also tried cleaner looking texts but i just didnt like the outcome.

but yes i know i need new fonts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom