Yaksumash, my name a Borat. My government send me to U.S. and A. to make a movie film

Best answers
He has actually, I've seen one on the daily show. To be honest, the bit that scared me the most was the Christians. Anyone who thinks (extreme, of course) Islam is the only religion that promotes extreme, ignorant prejudice, is sorely mistaken. Thank God I live in Britain, where no religions run our country... as far as I'm aware. :p

"I hope your Warlord George Bush drinks the blood of every man, woman and child in Iraq!"

The cheers he got for that. Wow.

Best answers
Check again, webhead, there's a Baron Cohen interview for Da Ali G Show from a couple years back. I could find a link, but... that sounds to much like work. It's on Youtube though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruff said:
He has actually, I've seen one on the daily show. To be honest, the bit that scared me the most was the Christians. Anyone who thinks (extreme, of course) Islam is the only religion that promotes extreme, ignorant prejudice, is sorely mistaken. Thank God I live in Britain, where no religions run our country... as far as I'm aware. :p

"I hope your Warlord George Bush drinks the blood of every man, woman and child in Iraq!"

The cheers he got for that. Wow.
What was wrong with the Christians? Seemed normal to me, except for the weird, speaking tongues babbling thing...that was a tad odd. Personally, I think the US should be considered a Christian nation, but a Christian nation that allows for freedom of religion and all our other sacred rights already in place. But if you're saying that Christians promote prejudice, then I suggest you hold your tongue on that matter because we don't.

The applause was probably premeditated; the people were expecting things to be said that appealed to the US, so they didn't quite register what they heard till mid clap. Remember, they all sort of ceased clapping rather quickly. And people only clapped at his last statement either out of courtesy or just to humor him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Personally, I think the US should be considered a Christian nation, but a Christian nation that allows for freedom of religion and all our other sacred rights already in place. But if you're saying that Christians promote prejudice, then I suggest you hold your tongue on that matter because we don't.
J-Dude you really seem to have trouble keeping your faith out of the forum. I'm not even going to comment on how wrong, in as many ways as you can possibly count it, that statement is.

I suggest, "you hold your tongue", on this matter in the future. Because here, I am your god, and I've got plenty of divine wrath to spread around.

As a note, this requires no reply.

Best answers
Please, the way that guy was going on about evolution. That just shows ignorance. Any religion that is based around general ignorance of some basic scientific theories, is, well, ignorant. I'm tempted, purely because of my optimism, to say religious people are just misguided, but sometimes people are confronted with proof, real, scientific evidence, that if nothing else, should least makes them think twice about what they so blindly believe, and yet still they keep going. I'm not trying to insult religious peoples intelligence, not exactly, more comment on the amount of thought they actually put in their beliefs.

To be honest, I would think the Borat movie, that scene, should make you think, at least a little bit, of how extremely illogical your beliefs are. I mean, that guy disregarded evolution because he thought he 'sure as hell didn't come from no ape'. No proof, just a 'gut feeling'. If you truly are a Christian nation, and he represents what you guys are all about, then I'm scared for both of us man.

And sadly, I won't hold my tongue out of 'respect' for Christians. I don't hold much stock in any religion, sadly. If anything, I think it's more appropriate to judge a man on his opinions, his 'beliefs' than say, his race, or his social standing, or whatever. It's probably the best judgement you can get of a person, to be honest.

Edit: Saw what Pain said. If I get a warning, or just a response from Pain telling me 'Bad Monkey' then fine. I don't really think I'm violating anything here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruff said:
Please, the way that guy was going on about evolution. That just shows ignorance. Any religion that is based around general ignorance of some basic scientific theories, is, well, ignorant. I'm tempted, purely because of my optimism, to say religious people are just misguided, but sometimes people are confronted with proof, real, scientific evidence, that if nothing else, should least makes them think twice about what they so blindly believe, and yet still they keep going. I'm not trying to insult religious peoples intelligence, not exactly, more comment on the amount of thought they actually put in their beliefs.

To be honest, I would think the Borat movie, that scene, should make you think, at least a little bit, of how extremely illogical your beliefs are. I mean, that guy disregarded evolution because he thought he 'sure as hell didn't come from no ape'. No proof, just a 'gut feeling'. If you truly are a Christian nation, and he represents what you guys are all about, then I'm scared for both of us man.

And sadly, I won't hold my tongue out of 'respect' for Christians. I don't hold much stock in any religion, sadly. If anything, I think it's more appropriate to judge a man on his opinions, his 'beliefs' than say, his race, or his social standing, or whatever. It's probably the best judgement you can get of a person, to be honest.

Edit: Saw what Pain said. If I get a warning, or just a response from Pain telling me 'Bad Monkey' then fine. I don't really think I'm violating anything here.
There are extreme holes in evolution and we don't believe in it. Scientists actually state that from their research, life on Earth could NOT have naturally developed by means of natural selection. We all know mutations exist, and that "survival of the fittest" works, but it certainly doesn't force drastic zoological and anatomical changes from one species to the next as hard-core, faithless liberals will try and tell you. I've been fascinated by science since I could read. I look into the taboo of science AND faith and find scientific reasons to Biblical truths.

The Bible cannot be entirely understood without science, and science cannot truly understand the Universe if it refuses out of the sheer prejudice and closed-mindedness that a deity is simply too incredible of a thing to exist, whereas I can scientifically explain the entity that is God. You have to combine the two to make sense of anything. It's really astonishing at how simple the Universe is, whilst nose-in-book scientists search for answers without God in their equations which spiral around only to either meet no conclusion at all, or reach the conclusion only to disregard it and keep hunting frivelously.

End of discussion

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
End of discussion
No, the discussion ended when Pain said it ended two posts previous. Warning for continuing a religious discussion after an admin told you not to.

Also, warning to Scruff for attacking someone's religion under the guise of an on-topic post. Whether you think someone's religious beliefs are illogical are not is your opinion, but not one that needs to be shared in this thread, let alone these forums.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruff said:
Thank God I live in Britain, where no religions run our country... as far as I'm aware.
Right...I'd take a second look at that.

I went to see the movie alone at around 2 in the morning, and the clerk guy actually asked me for id. I don't usually carry id because my beard says "I'm not 15". I'll bring my id next time..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix, you could be 4ft like add and have a beard
Scruff had a beard that made 60 year old Sikh men jealous, when he was 12

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 6' 1" and happened to not have shaved for 3 or 4 days. I've always gotten into R-rated movies without any problems. The guy there was new so he was probably trying to do his job or something ridiculous like that. Again, it was 2 am. Stupid nubs.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
I'm 6' 1" and happened to not have shaved for 3 or 4 days. I've always gotten into R-rated movies without any problems. The guy there was new so he was probably trying to do his job or something ridiculous like that. Again, it was 2 am. Stupid nubs.
I'd like to state that Ness does not represent me in anyway.

I like his Bruno character, mostly 'cause of this sketch where he got these teenage guys to act like morons, and moon the camera and ****, and right at the end asks them to say "Hello to *** TV Austria!". They do the most awesome double take ever.

"*** TV? What!? There's no *** TV, there's no *** TV involved here!"

Hahaha... ****s.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Right...I'd take a second look at that.
Sorry, but what? You dont live here, you really dont know how little religion is regarded in this country. I havent a clue if any MP's are religious, never comes into play, infact we try our best to keep religion away from politics.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Sorry, but what? You dont live here, you really dont know how little religion is regarded in this country. I havent a clue if any MP's are religious, never comes into play, infact we try our best to keep religion away from politics.
If you say it, it must be so. Considering this isn't the place for this discussion, I'll leave it at that.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It was finally released in South-Africa!

Brilliant movie, although my friend hated it and only laughed once in the whole movie which kind of killed the mood.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was finally released in South-Africa!

Brilliant movie, although my friend hated it and only laughed once in the whole movie which kind of killed the mood.
Main reason I won't be seeing it with my girlfriend who's sense of humor doesn't include that which will be in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom