X-Men: The Last Stand (Spoilers)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
by how horrible this one was, i wont want x men 4 to come out

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't see how you can like "I'm the juggernaut *****!" if you were an actual X-Men fan before this. It had no respect for the like forty years of work that went into X-Men's mythos whatsoever. That's like Magneto announcing when they attacked the island, "All your base are belong to us!"

I dunno. They've taken a lot of creative liberties with the X Men movies but I always thought they were close enough that they were up to the high expectations we always had as fans. This one...to me it felt like they just barely went over the line as far as what I'd consider tolerable or understandable creative liberties.
ok ok what adout "whos hiding ****head " ya what now

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno about you guys, but i loved it.

the only beef i have with the movie is the NEW characters,

Juggernaut, (who is one of my favourites) was seemingly forced into the role of "magnetos *****", while that little brat pyro was seemingly his partner.

shadowcat, =/ i dunno who the actress was,..... but she sucked.

i forget the others, but they were just too stupid looking for me to take them seriously.

i thought the first 2 movies were boring, and only bothered watching them because I am big old school X-men fan =/. The step up in action in X3 was definately worth the ticket price.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Juggernaut was always being controlled by someone so it makes sense that Magneto controlled him.

I thought Shadowcat was a hell of a better actress than Rogue, but thats not saying much.

G
I liked shadowcat, could've been better but oh well, and juggernaut sucked, his new costume/helmet was lame and he was tiny compared to how big juggernaut should be. Plus there was no mentioned connection between him and charles.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
Plus there was no mentioned connection between him and charles.
Well, to be honest, that would've been way too much. If they had the whole Cure thing going on, plus the Phoenix, PLUS all that "Juggernaut being Charles' half-brother" business going on, then the movie would've just been a garbled mess.

I still was kinda sad they never mentioned it, and that the Juggernaut was just a mutant now for no reason, but they gotta change stuff to make it work on the big screen, simple as that.

Best answers
It isn't really "to make it work on the big screen".. It's just about addapting.. Humans these days can't be bothered to actaully think/focus for more than 5 minutes.. We used to have movies with great stories.. Now we have crappy movies with ****loads of fancy effects that hardly packs a punch when it comes to storytelling..

To be honest, I'd rather like to see X-Men movies that last about 2.5-3 hours and with decent storytelling (backgrounds), than 1h45 of randomness and a thin storyline..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just about addapting.. Humans these days can't be bothered to actaully think/focus for more than 5 minutes..
Hence, they change it so it works on the big screen.

I didn't know all that much about X-Men to start with, so I didn't have a whole lot to be let down about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
I still was kinda sad they never mentioned it, and that the Juggernaut was just a mutant now for no reason, but they gotta change stuff to make it work on the big screen, simple as that.
Well also you have to understand that they pitched the movies to be 'believable', in a Star trek since. It would've ruined the 'seriousness' of the movie if they explained Juggernaut having gotten his powers by... finding a crystal in a cave.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were a lot of cool credits to the movie. How it worked in certain things. My favorite is the way no one has their codenames, but somehow they seem to earn them--i.e. when Pyro calls Bobby 'Iceman', meaning it sort of like a diss.

Best answers
Hash said:
Well, to be honest, that would've been way too much. If they had the whole Cure thing going on, plus the Phoenix, PLUS all that "Juggernaut being Charles' half-brother" business going on, then the movie would've just been a garbled mess.

dude you are a ****en dum **** you dont no what the **** you are talking about so you are say that movies now a doys are all **** because of the specal effects then your crazzzzzzzy sorry bro but your dead rong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ET]Vegeta said:
dude you are a ****en dum **** you dont no what the **** you are talking about so you are say that movies now a doys are all **** because of the specal effects then your crazzzzzzzy sorry bro but your dead rong
I don't even know what your trying to make fun of me about. I'm not even gonna try and figure it out either. Although I do know that I didn't mention special effects at all, so even though I don't know how you were trying to argue with me using that as a base for your arguement, it obviously makes no sense since you just made it up.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ET]Vegeta said:
Warning :warning: for the flame. State your opinion more eloquently next time, and be sure to not attack somebody either.

G
Hash said:
I don't even know what your trying to make fun of me about. I'm not even gonna try and figure it out either.
Ignorance is bliss.

But yea, it didnt even need to have him being a plot device, even just Juggernaut hearing that Charles is dead, luaghing cruley then mentioning that he was his half-bro would've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom