X-Men: The Last Stand (Spoilers)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldn't have Magneto been able to sense that the guns had no metal in them before he tried to pull them away? He says he could sense adamantium, and he could tell that the gaurd in X2 had iron in his blood, so what gives?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was also a lot of metal around him, though. Who's to say that his feeling of metal isn't like our sense of smell? If you smell something strong enough, chances are you won't smell the absence of something else.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overall a decent movie with a couple of cheesy parts I'd have left out should I have been in charge of editing.

I found the final scene kinda funny for one reason. There were these jerkwads behind us that could not keep their mouth shut about Charles dying. For about 20 minutes after that scene at Jean's house they kept repeating "They can't kill Charles!" And at the end, when the extra scene rolled about and were finished, one slammed his cup of ice onto the ground. It splashed me a little, but it was well worth it to see him get pissed off.

One thing that kind of bothered me was some of the stuff that was done to polarize Magneto and Charles. I never really read into the comics much, but would Magneto really dump Mystique due to her losing her mutantness? Would Charles really not give Jean a choice? Just seemed kind of out of character for the both of them...

All that other stuff aboug Juggernaut being a mutant, Phoenix being just a split personality and all the different characters dying and such didn't bother me so much.

End transmission.

G
Hash said:
SPOILERS ABOUT CHARLES!

<spoils>
Seriously? Thats how then, damn I should've stayed to watch the credits >_< lol. I'll probbably go see it again with my family (I was with friends first time) and I'll make sure we stay for the credits that time.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Im just glad Wolverin never lost his pants when the phoenix went all crazy in the end.

I also read somewhere that scott doesn't die and that he comes back later but has the classic amnesia.

Im going to go watch it later tonight again to see what happens after the credits.

Best answers
Kinda disspointed with Nightcrawler not being in it, and Angel not doing anything really at all other than flying around. Now I dont know the whole real X-men story, but isn't "Phoenix" like the name of Jean when she develops fire powers and NOT a alter ego personality that Jean had... or something? Well anyhow, overall it was pretty good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if the old X-Men cartoon was any indication, then Phoenix was some alien entity of great power that somehow managed to inhabit Jean. Phoenix totally flips out because she can't handle human emotions. So it's kind of like an alter ego thing, yeah, because Jean's emotions and such influence Phoenix.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your both wrong.

jean does die, in a lake in fact, but the entity known as phoenix essentially clones her, in order to sustain both their essences. the problem is, phoenix did it so well, that it forgot what it was, and believed it was really jean.

when they managed to "fix" phoenix, and find out what it was all about, it killed a lot of people on earth, and most people in the shii-ar empire. not because it was "evil" but because thats what phoenix was meant for, to be the rebirth of everything.

jean has actually been cloned twice, one was phoenix, and the second was by sinister, who made her do other evil stuff.

both in different timelines though. in one timeline, jean and scott have a daughter. and in the other, they have a son; cable.

really weird stuff, thats only my interperatation of the story though. im sure a comic geek can correct me though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is about right. The whole alternate personality thing was a weak copout.

To me it felt like two separate movies, really. The 'Cure' movie and the 'Phoenix' movie. I hope they don't cram as much in the next bunch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what the **** they totally ****ed up jean grey, they should of just left her in the water, she messed up the whole story, beast looked like a *** to me, and where the heck was gambit and nightcrawler, those 2 people are pretty cool and they just left them out, and i dont even remeber magneto getting his power back, at the end he was TRYING to move the chess peice, he didnt move the chess peice, cyclops shouldnt of died, x men sucks without him,

(i dont know how to use white font so sorry)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
and i dont even remeber magneto getting his power back, at the end he was TRYING to move the chess peice, he didnt move the chess peice
No, if you were paying attention, you would see that the chess piece wobbled back and forth a little, thus signifying that his powers are returning.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
your both wrong.

jean does die, in a lake in fact, but the entity known as phoenix essentially clones her, in order to sustain both their essences. the problem is, phoenix did it so well, that it forgot what it was, and believed it was really jean.

when they managed to "fix" phoenix, and find out what it was all about, it killed a lot of people on earth, and most people in the shii-ar empire. not because it was "evil" but because thats what phoenix was meant for, to be the rebirth of everything.

jean has actually been cloned twice, one was phoenix, and the second was by sinister, who made her do other evil stuff.

both in different timelines though. in one timeline, jean and scott have a daughter. and in the other, they have a son; cable.

really weird stuff, thats only my interperatation of the story though. im sure a comic geek can correct me though.
Yeah, but to have the comic book story line in the movie, they would have had to change "In the not too distant future" to "While I was on an acid trip" because, if you hadn't noticed, comic books are ****ed. Alternate timelines and alien entities are all well and good, but they're very difficult to fit into movies aimed at the average Joe who's never read a comic book. I find them hard to follow, and I've read a couple of them (granted that most of my comic books were about the adventures of a sword-wielding imbicile and his dog).

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say it was awesome
SPOILERS!

Some parts were really shocking, like the part when Jean was sitting at her house and she started to activate her powers slowly...untill she grabbed Professor X and vanished him into tiny peices...
I was kind of...freaked by that =P was too sudden heh
But after a while I got used to her taking buildings and people apart...it was kind of cool, how Wolvarine tried to get to her and stuff...

I really enjoyed the funny parts of the movie ^_^ there were quite a few.

Overall the movie was great, it was just a little too short for so much going on in it.
I have to say Jean freaked me out in this movie, the Pheonix parts were intense!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The cure was temporary... it's like injecting yourself with heroine, and having your body cleanse it from your system.

I'm sure with weaker mutants it took longer, but sense Magneto is one of the strongest ever, it didn't take long.

G
Yea, but I think he'll start slow developing his powers again. He won't suddenly go "right, back to throwing golden gate bridge around!"
Rogue is gonna be pissed.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder how they manage Rogue stealing Ms. Marvel powers... so she has super strength and flying.

Will be interesting see #4.

G
I don't think that'll happen though, she's alot older when that happens, I think.

Also, apparently the excuse Nightcrawler wasn't in the film was because he has his own little adventure in the game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
probably trying to find jesus or something...

and didnt rogue get "cured"? i know the whole "itll wear off" argument is in effect... but lets face it, shes just a kid, and not really a powerful mutant, so lets face it, shes fackered.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The cure is temporary in everyone... just takes longer with weaker mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom