without a heart in the darkness

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VeGeTToH said:
OMG STFU U NOOBS URE ALL GELOS ON THE HARD WORK OF TRYFORCE!!! XPECIALLY MAD_AXMAN..WHATS WRONG MAN? GETTING OLD ON MODELLING!? DONT GET AS MUCH RESPECT AS BFORE WHEN THERE WEREN'T SO GREAT MODELLERS AS NOW?
thank you veg. but i dont think that mad axman isnt gelos.
you may try to see the view of the mods. , just try it.

@kain: i will see if my mood will be good to it.

@axman: ill join ur opinion , so here is the body ref for roxas i drew

actually thansk to kurai who gave me good pics of roxas.

*im going to fix the body of roxas, since the head doesnt seem to be wrong.

Best answers
I personally think that Try has modeled these from scratch. Sure he could have used the original Riku as reference but for the Roxas and Cloud I know hes done all the ref' etc. himself and then went on to model it himself. So how about we stop all this here and get back on topic.

I can't wait to see updates Try, Roxas is looking brillaint.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k, broli has fixed his old cloud model and has done a new uvwmap to it, he asked me if i could skin it, and its matching to the kh stories, so here is the wip of the skin:

fixed roxas abit:

i will finish the skin first and then work on roxas on.

Best answers
at the end of the day if people use original models as referance pictures they wont really gain much, but its thier choice. Neverthless, tryforce u have improved in texture and modeling wise :)

Prime, you qouting the word "gelos" and having a "jeenyus" sig made my day :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, but im allready getting into some texturing prob.

alphamapping is not my good side .-.

g0tta w0rk 0n t0m0r0w.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Nice job copying someone elses work. You'll get far in the business that way :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ne0TeK said:
Nice job copying someone elses work. You'll get far in the business that way :)
We've already established that no one cares <_<

Anyways, the cloud hair came out pretty damn sweet. You're getting pretty damn good. I still can't believe how god-like your first Riku model was. :O

Lol, nice job :D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Kaination said:
We've already established that no one cares <_<

Anyways, the cloud hair came out pretty damn sweet. You're getting pretty damn good. I still can't believe how god-like your first Riku model was. :O

Lol, nice job :D
Thank you Captain Obvious. And he isn't getting "pretty damn good", he blatantly copied someone elses mesh build, that's not skill, that's just inability to be original.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

will work on the shirt now

Best answers
Looking great TryForce
@Ne0TeK - Shut up, leave it to the admins to decide, they've alreay made i clear above what they think. So now just stop being and idiot. Oh and outta curiosity did he copy the mesh build for Roxas and Cloud ... no, and they look extremely awesome so yeah go read through all the posts before you start posting like an idiot.

Best answers
I laugh at how you people care about if it's an original or not, and then the guy making it carring enough to explain him self. cmon, you've got to learn how to model some how :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the shirt was a hell job to get the lines right in. i think i turned out well , i will work on the back of it though:

Best answers
Ripping this ripping that , bla bla bla... :/

So, I fail to see the point of this. He used their original models as referance to help him model the models which are suppoused to be their originals just for another game. What do you want to prove by telling him that he cloned(or whichever copy word you desire) the models? Do you want to prove that your meshing eyes are SO great? Did he clone a model which anyone here made? I think not, go away.

By such stupid accusations, and such moronish advice, you all should rot in hell. I mean you literally must be stupid. This particulary means you ripped every ****ing skin and model made here which wasen't self concepted.
The only difference is, instead of 3d referance, you used a 2d referance. Woop the ****ing do.

Stop being Mr.Police tards.

(Btw, about the warning, bla bla, go ahead , give me one.. Threads like this piss off anyone who has a small sense of brains and knows Tryforce a bit.)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, if this was ripping, then ESF would be a complete rip seeing as the original characters are not designed by our own team.

Keep at it, Tryforce, you'll get there ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
Ripping this ripping that , bla bla bla... :/

So, I fail to see the point of this. He used their original models as referance to help him model the models which are suppoused to be their originals just for another game. What do you want to prove by telling him that he cloned(or whichever copy word you desire) the models? Do you want to prove that your meshing eyes are SO great? Did he clone a model which anyone here made? I think not, go away.

By such stupid accusations, and such moronish advice, you all should rot in hell. I mean you literally must be stupid. This particulary means you ripped every ****ing skin and model made here which wasen't self concepted.
The only difference is, instead of 3d referance, you used a 2d referance. Woop the ****ing do.

Stop being Mr.Police tards.

(Btw, about the warning, bla bla, go ahead , give me one.. Threads like this piss off anyone who has a small sense of brains and knows Tryforce a bit.)
Sorry but thats bull****. If tryforce wants to improve at a good rate he needs to learn to see planes of volume by himself, copying others work isnt how you improve your own visual space development. You learn it through experience, through trial and error, its not like copying from somebody elses mesh is going to teach him how to fix those problems himself because the solutions are already there. Sure it might "look" good, but there's a severe lack of knowledge behind the creative process, a process you must learn by yourself to become profficient in.

This doesnt mean i think its a bad thing to use others work as an example, I myself used vegeta from budokai tenkaichi's hair as a reference for my vegeta, but i didnt get a copy of the mesh use it as a ref and create an identical mesh (i cudnt even if i wanted to :p), instead, i did sketches from various screenshots getting the formation and the order of the spikes right in my head and then started modeling using my own sketches as a reference. I thought was a much better exercise in learning because I had to work out myself how to make the mesh, and to a degree I had to make it more low poly, creating problems and solving them myself.

Its for tryforces sake that he listens, to be honnest it doesnt really bother me if he used the originals as reference, i just think its the wrong way to progress.

Anyway...

Tryforce, the skinning style you're attempting may be the kingdom hearts style, but that doesnt mean you make the contrast on the skin as low as you have. Even in kingdom hearts the skins had quite a degree of contrast, so far most of your skins in this thread would look like flat colour models in some engines. The skins however for the most part are quite accurately detailed its just the tone and saturation of the colours that lets them down.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Sorry but thats bull****. If tryforce wants to improve at a good rate he needs to learn to see planes of volume by himself, copying others work isnt how you improve your own visual space development. You learn it through experience, through trial and error, its not like copying from somebody elses mesh is going to teach him how to fix those problems himself because the solutions are already there. Sure it might "look" good, but there's a severe lack of knowledge behind the creative process, a process you must learn by yourself to become profficient in.

This doesnt mean i think its a bad thing to use others work as an example, I myself used vegeta from budokai tenkaichi's hair as a reference for my vegeta, but i didnt get a copy of the mesh use it as a ref and create an identical mesh (i cudnt even if i wanted to :p), instead, i did sketches from various screenshots getting the formation and the order of the spikes right in my head and then started modeling using my own sketches as a reference. I thought was a much better exercise in learning because I had to work out myself how to make the mesh, and to a degree I had to make it more low poly, creating problems and solving them myself.

Its for tryforces sake that he listens, to be honnest it doesnt really bother me if he used the originals as reference, i just think its the wrong way to progress.

Anyway...

Tryforce, the skinning style you're attempting may be the kingdom hearts style, but that doesnt mean you make the contrast on the skin as low as you have. Even in kingdom hearts the skins had quite a degree of contrast, so far most of your skins in this thread would look like flat colour models in some engines. The skins however for the most part are quite accurately detailed its just the tone and saturation of the colours that lets them down.
And please, in which degree does everything have to be about improving?
That dosen't make sense at all. The only actual fracture with this is that he used a 3d referance instead of a 2d referance.
Now what do you get out of a 3d ref that you do not get out of a 2d ref?
-- Polyflow (Which in this matter is just a good thing since he is trying to make best possible models)
-- Design (The way model itself is done, and again here it matters not).
-- blablabla too tired to think of other things.

The point of this was to make a pack which consisted of some Kingdom Heart characters. While making this pack, what law tells you that you aren't eligible to use their 3d refs? Or in what directional sense are you any better then him when you also use someone elses art? I mean, all that I've seen from you is obviously a copy (dbz wise, and all other anime wise which comes from an licensed anime).

Ahh sure, you will improve by making your own 2d referances before tryforce will. So what? What the hell does this pack have to do with who becomes best or even better at a destinated section? Or perhaps, tell me what the **** this thread has to do with gaming industry as some moron here mentioned?

What happend here is that tryforce actually BUILDT a 3dmodel from scratch, using whatever helping tools he got. Did he actually copy and paste a part of the original property? No he did not.
If you blame him of ripping ,blame yourself because in a common sense, you are all doing the exact same thing, RIPPING.
Yes, that's right my loves. However, it sadens me that people here consider 3dmaterial as referances a rip, while 2d material is totally fine. Bothers me quite a bit, considering the fact BOTH are licensed software. Even if you draw the 2d concept yourself based of the original concept, you still are guilty to an extent.

Anyway I am sleepy, have fun with your massive epeen battles.

---
i dont know if you noticed zereth, but he "sampled" the meshflow as well, not just the proportions >_>. in a nutshell THAT is the problem here and THAT is what makes it different than simply using a 2d image as a backdrop
-nuttz

-None the less, read my points above Nuttzy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought this topic of discussion was over already?

it is now. no more talk about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Godhand, i truelly agree with your opinion.

David, your not wrong to, your sentences make sense too, but there also other ways. thansk though for your critsm on my skin, i didnt noticed after you told me about that.

I´m somehow sad about this whole situation, since these Forums are really ****ed up, i might wont post here anymore. Everybody here ( not every but almost ) act like he is a super great artist and talks bull**** all over. (i even talk about myself, cuz i noticed it ,too.)

Is everybody here a great artist? is everybody here a good teacher? is everybody here the main person of artistic view?

i think not, and telling someone "you have done wrong" is wrong in my opinion.

I truelly tried my best to make all those models look similar to the original ingame ones, and its sad that still most of you dont believe me that i modeled it almost on my own, exept watching more then twice on the same model and trying to ffigure out how the flow of those model works.

Some here dont even notice that i didnt finished any skin here befor, that i didnt done a completly model... but how comes? yes ofcourse i cloned the whole model! hell no, i really took myself this chance and tried to improve by myself and not cloning this ****.

You may all should start to think about what you´re writing here and telling others what to do. I dont mean that you shouldnt write critsm in your opinion.
But telling something "you´ve done wrong","you gone the wrong way" , " you´re not able to do that" .... wouldnt match this forum at all.

its everyones own fault how to do what, I´ve choosen the way i wanted to since i played kingdom hearts, i almost always tried to match this skinning style, after i saw Raiko " a.k.a. enix" modeling sora and skinned everything near the Kh style i was like, yeh i can do it too.... and i tried it.

Though i had the chance and i took it, as most of you wont be able to do that because "if i do it i will clone some ****, no its bad"

instead of thinking ,yeh man, its a way to know how and why and stuff. If you´re streaming for something... you should take every chance you got for it... dont let different thoughts and minds change that way. just go your own way.

Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tryforce, i understand what your saying, and im sorry you feel that way about these forums. but if you posted this work on anyplace like cgchat, or polycount, you would be eaten alive...

theres nothing more i can really say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you might check cgchat, its almost my next home instead of this one, its hard to change though,

i even get my respect there allready, im alive there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom