Windows Desktop Themes WITHOUT an extra Prog ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi.
Is there any way to use some Desktop Themes without an extra Program ? Like WindowsBlinds and StyleXP ?

I once had an Taskbar called "Royality" or somehow like this. It changed the look of my Taskbar and the BG but i didnt used an extra Program for this. And now im searching for the Way how to do this again. Oh and maybe for the Taskbar Theme Royality :smile:

Best answers
There are DLL-hook themes that overwrite some Windows-DLL files, but that can have a horrible result if the theme sucks..

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
I grabbed a package of isohunt.com (Its freeware) Which gave me a whole heap of themes, without having any extra program in the way. Lookes nice as well. Heres a link to what mine looks like:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7272/untitledmg1.jpg

So Just search around, your bound to find something ^.^
Just a little advice though, Alot of these "Themes" Over write some windows XP files, And a message will appear.
Just dont press anything. And when it asks for a reboot, do so! And once the machine has rebooted, you should be greeted with a pwetty new theme! :D
I also scored, an Icon effects pack as well. (Freeware) Which added an effect to all my Icons, Looks nice. Uses alot of resources, but meh. Thats why I have a high-end machine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What package did you got @ Pemalite ?
Im at isohunt.com but dont know what to look for. :/

Best answers
Not sure, I just grabbed the Vista theme pack for XP. ^.^
Just try using the search function at the top of the page. You will need a torrent client like BitComet or Azures to actually download the file. (Google it).

EDIT: I think this one might be it: "All in One Vista Transformation tool pack x86 2.0"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom