WIERD TEXTURE PROBLEM???

Best answers
Hey im new to ESF forums so im hoping i wont cross any boundaries. Anyway, here's my problem, when i play on certaint maps like riverside, Some texures and ki (for some screwy reason) are like black squares. I'm wondering if im missing any texures/.wads. I tryed uninstalling and re-installing esf but nothing. It happens on different maps peroiodically. But 80% work fine like esfcity,cell,kami,custom,etc. I have ESF/EVM2.0 And model pack 4.0. I doubt my new videocard had any effects on this.:fight: I run on OpenGL.

P.S. It always will happen to a specific map!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happens to me to.Dunno why exacly. Happens on esf_gero, ape_foreshadow, esf_canyone and some other maps. All the sprites start showing the black area. Dunno whats causing this but it started just recently.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ_Criticisor said:
Hey im new to ESF forums so im hoping i wont cross any boundaries. Anyway, here's my problem, when i play on certaint maps like riverside, Some texures and ki (for some screwy reason) are like black squares. I'm wondering if im missing any texures/.wads. I tryed uninstalling and re-installing esf but nothing. It happens on different maps peroiodically. But 80% work fine like esfcity,cell,kami,custom,etc. I have ESF/EVM2.0 And model pack 4.0. I doubt my new videocard had any effects on this.:fight: I run on OpenGL.

P.S. It always will happen to a specific map!
It's probably due to EVM.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Happens to me to.Dunno why exacly. Happens on esf_gero, ape_foreshadow, esf_canyone and some other maps. All the sprites start showing the black area. Dunno whats causing this but it started just recently.
And i dont have EVM ^^

But than again maby itll go away as sudden as it came. It dosent realy bother me ^^

Best answers
Yeah, this happened to me when I first downloaded ESF. It can't be EVM.

To fix it, go into graphics options and change from "OpenGL" to "D3D"

Best answers
Back. Yea, im glad im not the only one;) . Perhaps it has to do with the fact that nuclear fusion is the new server provider? Thats when it started hapenning. But anyway, to be safe I reinstalled steam instead of just esf. I only had halflife anthology and redownloaded it (glad u don't have to pay agan) and backed up my files. I'm also gonna change my open gl settings. Thanks 4 the help.:yes:

Best answers
Just tryed ESFnormal and still had a problem on opengl, in D3D its fine:) Ill get evm back and thanks. I really dont see a difference in quality between opengl or D3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom