What the hell is wrong with Racist people?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK thanks everyone for clearing that up. Is there a difference between ethnicity and race?

And Pain, the reason she'd think I was discriminating/stupid was because of the way it came up in conversation. We were watching South Park, Cartman made a Jewish joke (at Kyle's expense), I laughed (at my expense), she brought it up, I stfu after that :p

Best answers
Ethnicity is like nationality. Race is more like physiology.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last time i reply to this thread. People who use racial slurs are trying to get under your skin. This thread is pointless since the slur got exactly the effect it wanted. All i need to say is this is why Kurt is smarter then you guys if your dumb enough to react to something like this when you have no control over the internet you deserve to be made fun of.

Best answers
"All i need to say is this is why Kurt is smarter then you guys if your dumb enough to react to something like this when you have no control over the internet you deserve to be made fun of"
#63 , if i was in a smaller country and it was being over-run by rebels.... Should I feel like an idiot for letting it effect me... or saying something about it? I mean, i have no control over the situation.... So i guess you're right, it justifys their actions.....

Sorry, i know i took my example to an extreme... but it was just to show what an extremely bad reason you gave to try and justify someone elses idiocy.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
#63 , if i was in a smaller country and it was being over-run by rebels.... Should I feel like an idiot for letting it effect me... or saying something about it? I mean, i have no control over the situation.... So i guess you're right, it justifys their actions.....

Sorry, i know i took my example to an extreme... but it was just to show what an extremely bad reason you gave to try and justify someone elses idiocy.
What are you talking about im trying to point out this is the internet you can do as much as the CS idiots who threaten to kick your ass. Guess what were on the internet i could be on the other side of the continent for all you know so threats and insults are meaningless stop taking it to heart and be a man.

Edit : Aite this is really the last post in this thread.

Best answers
Well, the thread kinda evolved into discussion about racism in general, so it's not all that pointless.
Guess what were on the internet i could be on the other side of the continent for all you know so threats and insults are meaningless stop taking it to heart and be a man.
Threats are meaningless, but insults aren't. Personally, I very rarely take insults over the internet to heart. However, if someone insults you, then they're insulting you. Doesn't matter if they live next door, or on the other side of the world, and insult is an insult.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me a wuss but that is exacly what keeps people hateing each other.

Shure an insult is an insult but if you dont react the way the other guy wants hell stop. But if you Get back with a similar coment you make a cyrcle from wich you cant scape. Thats why people have allways fought each other. Simply because they are to proud to walk away. They have to put up a fight for there pride. Thats why there are wars and thats why humanity is a doomed race.

Best answers
#68 , and more often than not that reason is because they were brought up to look down on certain groups of people. They don't even realize it as being racist because it's the way it was taught, it was never taught in a hateful way... It was taught by their, usually, loving parents.

A perfect example being... That you can't tell a person the sky is grey if they've been told it was blue their whole lives. They will just revert back to thinking what is more comfortable to them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wonder if its considdered racism; that ive never ever found a "black" woman attractive...
Me either, but I would bang Beyonce into next week on principle alone. Heh.

Racism is fascinating to me. I stereotype but it's not usually based on ethnic background, it's more cultural then just someone's race.

Example: If a white kid and a black kid lived in the same area, and all they did was do the stereotypical things that a racist would consider traits of a (African American derogatory term withheld), I would consider both just as worthy of being generalized in that category regardless of race.

I think there are tons of racial/group-based stereotypes. But honestly stereotypes exist for a reason, and that is that people have found some degree of concurrent points throughout their individual experiences that seem to corroborate.

If you got a young black kid who wears fubu gear and wears his pants down around his ankles, listens to gangsta rap, rolls with gang members, has a criminal record, a huge attitude problem, and talks like he is ignorant and indifferent, I don't believe that person has any right to really complain if someone were to racially stereotype them in particular--since they are practically advertising exactly what the racists say

Me personally? I like black people. They don't take **** from anybody. You know damn well if they enslaved us white *****es we'd STILL be picking their cotton cause we're a bunch of fat, lazy, no-initiative-having punks who let everyone walk all over us in the name of political correctness and fear of consequence. I also like asian people, they stay out of **** and don't bother anybody. But these are my personal experiences. There's a negative too: I grew up in a town that is now completely overrun with spanish people. I never had a problem with spanish people, but there isn't a damn one of 'em from my town that I've seen, that wasn't an ignorant ****y *******. The town's gone completely downhill since that started happening; completely overcrowded, crime and drug trafficking through the roof, no jobs left...

When my italian relatives came to this country they had to learn english. Now our hometown is filled with spanish-only businesses. All the corner stores are spanish, there is a spanish-only pharmacy, several spanish-only salons, and one of the best little restaurants in town became Cafe Brazil--were the entire menu is in only spanish and portuguese.

It becomes my natural starting point, as it does with most of us. Some of us dig deeper and judge the individual. But when I meet a spanish person, that is the neutral starting point; it is what I know so far for almost 100% of the spanish people I've ever met or seen in my life. I watched my quiet nice little town get completely assimilated and overrun ('zerged', if you will) by spanish people. Now, I'm not racist at all and have plenty of good friends from all different walks of life; but my bottom line here is that this is the impression I have been given of spanish people en masse. It's not necessarily racist though it is a generalization and one that I freely admit to.

But here's the thing. I may meet a spanish guy (like say my friend Josue Duarte, a guy I met in the very town I'm talking about). And the second he opens his mouth it goes one of two ways: either he, within a paragraph of talking, will dive headfirst into the stereotype and roll around in it like a pig in a mudhole...OR...he will completely disprove it (which is what happens 9 times out of 10 in my experience). And at that point, my newfound acquaintance no longer is seen as part of 'el Zergo magnifico" anymore, but is seen as an individual.

Bottom line here is this:

I don't think all spanish people are like the zerg that ate my town. Do I dislike those *******s in my old hometown for what's happened and how unfair and lopsided it's become? Yeah I do. But I don't hate spanish people overall. But I will be a lot quicker to reach that conclusion if someone seems to fit that bill. All racism is, is when people do this without giving each individual person a chance to be an individual. I could look at every spanish person I see and, based on appearance alone, decide they are all (insert racist term here), but that is just plain illogical. There are exceptions to every generalization, no matter how allegedly 'true' a racist might consider it.

Also I do have to say the double standards in this day and age are serious bull****. I am a straight 22 year old caucasian american male; I will never have a parade, or a rally, or any of that ****. There is no "Straight Healthy White Guy" Scholarship Program. I am the forgotten demographic; affirmative action, *** rights, and slavery reparations have destroyed all of my best chances for college or the work force. I will never have it as easy as a *** black man is gonna when it comes to these things, because simply all of us wussy white people are completely petrified of getting sued, since racism cases are almost 100% win rates for the plaintiff.

Between that stuff, and all the fine ass women stealing all the opportunities, things are rough for the young white middle class male in 2005. God, I sound like a racist when I say that, hehe. All I'm saying though is that the double standard IS there and I think it is very lame. If I have to call you African or Asian American, you should have to call me Caucasion, and I want a Caucasion Pride Parade every year, etc.

Of course it'll never happen. At the very least we should have an "Incredibly Fine Women Pride Week." Hehe.

Now THAT is something I think we can all agree on. :0)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a Caucasian Straight Male Pride Parade, but like you said, all the ethnics/homosexuals/feminists would accuse us of racism/homophobia/sexism. Huge double standard indeed.

Ultima, I can't give you four words, but the point is made in this :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i think Pride did some it up =\ i agree 100% with what he's said >_>, dont be so lazy Ultima2_freeze im sure ur capable of reading all that >_>

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Me personally? I like black people. They don't take **** from anybody. You know damn well if they enslaved us white *****es we'd STILL be picking their cotton cause we're a bunch of fat, lazy, no-initiative-having punks who let everyone walk all over us in the name of political correctness and fear of consequence.
To true. As long as people will stay afraid thats how long well have theese problems. Lets not forget taht a human is still an animal. If you show fear you show weakness. If you show weakness you loose. And thats why in my opinion people are loosers with no exeptions (me included).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sadner said:
And if you really said it to just make him mad, than man...you got issues =o
And threatening to sue one of your fellow countrymen if he doesn't make a thread on these forums isn't worse than being racist against another culture?

I think you're the one with issues. :p

<hr>

But back on topic,

I want a Caucasion Pride Parade every year, etc.
I'd like to see a Caucasian parade that isn't considered to be "white power". We're not allowed to celebrate our heritage. :/

Jesse Jackson would be all over that like "white on rice on a paper plate being eaten by a polar bear in a snowstorm". (heh)

Best answers
Aiight, you can't talk about how people would be offended in this country if there was a "caucasian male parade". You have to realize the evolution of oppression in this country. And white american males were the last on that list. It's rude to have a parade like that. It's not a double standard, it just doesn't mean the same thing.

Best answers
Kurt said:
And threatening to sue one of your fellow countrymen if he doesn't make a thread on these forums isn't worse than being racist against another culture?

I think you're the one with issues. :p
Fellow countrymen or not, a hacker is a hacker. the very very least he could do is apologise for the things he did. heh,...if only you lived in holland kurt,......if only >XD

Bleh, this is going to turn into a warzone. someone better close this thread before people start visiting each other xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's so contradictory. The phrase 'Black and Proud' used in Black Pride marches says 'I'm not ashamed of my race. As if there's something inherently wrong with being black. It's like saying 'I'm not ashamed of my deficiencies'. Who said being black was a deficiency?

Best answers
I think you are percieving it wrong Ravendust... they say that, as a statement against the hardcore beliefs of extremists. Just like saying "I'm proud to be an american! I'm not ashamed!", You are saying it in contradictory belief to alot of other people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but saying 'I am not ashamed' means that you think there's something to be (un)ashamed about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom