What the hell is wrong with Racist people?

Best answers
Racist white people in america have a strong passionate desire to blame everything on everyone but themselves...

But, contrastingly.... "everyone else" finds it fitting to act the same way in return. Thus fueling the circle of hate...

It wont stop, no matter how much you want it to, no matter how much you try. It's the hatred, the downtalking of others that is practically preached to a child by their parents as they grow up. They don't know any better, to force them to believe something else would be to crash their fantasy world all around them.

#39 , I believe he was referring to your sig comment in relation to the picture. But correct me if i'm wrong, you may of just added that recently.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Racism to me means negative thinking on that certain race no matter what.

but then there is things like if someone finds black girls more attractive than white girls, its basically the same thing as liking girls with a certain hair style better than other. But there are some people who have good intention, but see anything the slightlest judgement based on race, as evil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People of all different races can be of the same culture, or people of the same race can be of different cultures
race - A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

is it unfair to say that people who were brought up in the same area are more than likely to have a very similar cultural upbringing? like i said it goes hand and hand, i think the problem here is that you dont want to believe you are a racist because everyone says racism is bad. david had a very good explanation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wonder if its considdered racism; that ive never ever found a "black" woman attractive...

Best answers
Well, No, that sounds like just a matter of taste too me. Besides, it's not like you"ve met every black women in the world or seen every one out there. There's always atleast one person in each and every race that a individual from a diffrent race can and will find attractive.

If you were to say something like this...

All black women are ugly...Then that would be looked at, as racism.

I feel racism overall, is just using negativity towards one specific race at any given point or time, and passing crazy assumptions on someone from a diffrent race based on how your use too seeing any member of that race act in general. And everyone has made atleast one racial assumption about someone from a diffrent race atleast once in there lifetime.

Prime Examples
Black People Are All Gangsters
White People Cant Fight or Dance for Nothing
All Arabs Are Terrosist

Other then that, you dont have to like me because i belong to a certain race, you dont have to say anything to me or any of those thing. But i do feel everyone should be respectful about things in certain situations that could really be hurtful. When with your friends, you guys wanna insult other races, by all means go ahead, but when you know your around other races outside of your own, some things should just be kept too yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
The thing I hate most about racism is the HUGE double standard. For example: "The Black Music Awards". Now let me make this clear: The Black Music Awards do not offend me at all, but can you imagine if there was a White Music award show? Reverend Jessie Jackson would be on their asses so fast...
It's funny you mentioned that, Live Aid 2 (Also called Live 8) is coming up to promote poverty awareness in Africa, and there was an awesome story in the paper today about how the lineup of volunteers is 100% White, either American or English.

So what do you get? Outcry! Apparently it's insulting that there are no African acts appearing. But the question Sir Bob Geldof (organiser) asked was why were they blaming him when no African acts stepped forward? (With the exception of Jamelia who's 6 months pregnant and can't perform anyway). Where the hell was James Brown!?

Best answers
i've got alot of friends who are racists. sometimes...i make mistakes and misjudge people too fast. the thing is, i always realize after i said something (that could offend people) that i was wrong. it's like a habbit of me....and it's getting on my nerves.

in my neighbourhood racism is something you take over from other people. you're not intending to do, but it comes...it eats you...nothing you can do about it. goes the same for me....

recenlty i'm trying to get a hold of myself, but it's hard. especially when you're with your friends.
a few of my friends are black, but somehow it doesn't make me feel guilty about them when is say such things. better yet, they say the same kind of things themself :s ....weird.

after telling these things, i wanna make clear i'm not a 'racist'. like i said....it's a habit of me i wanna get rid of.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i wonder if its considdered racism; that ive never ever found a "black" woman attractive...
No, that's just simply sexual preference.

But, how is she not cute at all to you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few questions seeing as this thread is on race:

1) Why is it politically incorrect to say 'Black'? What the hell is 'African-European/American' and how is it any different, it's just two different names for the same race.

2) I recently found out my girlfriend was Jewish, and I had no idea what that actually entailed. I thought Jew was short for Judaism, but people have been telling me it's also a race thing. I've googled around and got different answers (race, religion, and/or both). Anyone (preferably someone Jewish but i'm not prejudiced as long as the facts are straight) care to enlighten me?

Best answers
Kurt said:
is right. I don't hate asians. lol. My best friend is 100% korean. I said that to Slim(Inakuro) to piss him off, and clearly it worked.

Anyways back on topic,

Yeah, welcome to 1995. Why would I stop using the net because they use it? Should I stop driving my car because they drive cars, too? Your logic makes no sense.

I define racism as hate. Calling someone a racial slur in jest doesn't make you a racist. Disliking someone's culture/heritage/history/skin color enough to make you want to avoid contact with them entirely, and put them on a lower pedestal in your mind than people who share your culture/heritage/history/skin color is racism.

My point was that because the net is full of people with a different color of skin; why bother to log on to a place where you bump into those people all the time, such as the mod community (assuming you want to avoide these people)

As for the pissing off slim thing. You called slim a slented eyed asian. Maybe you're just bigeyed.(i know that sounds rediculous, but you get the point) What you said implies you think you're better than asian people. which you are SO NOT. And if you really said it to just make him mad, than man...you got issues =o
Anyways, there's no such thing as good and bad cultures, or beautiful and ugly skins. It's all a matter of opinion. That you're a 100% white doesn't make you better. I mean why would it? It doesn't make you any smarter, stronger or more handsome (last is again a matter of opinion >_>)

Kurt, incase you DO feel superior over other people: *jumps on brain* O> O> O>

EDIT

PS: This really is a HORRIBLE thread, skeletons coming out of the closet everywhere <_>

Best answers
race - A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution

is it unfair to say that people who were brought up in the same area are more than likely to have a very similar cultural upbringing? like i said it goes hand and hand, i think the problem here is that you dont want to believe you are a racist because everyone says racism is bad. david had a very good explanation.
Don't get me wrong, obviously race and culture are closely connected. But the fact remains that someones race and culture aren't the same thing. For example, if there were two people, one white, one black, from two seperate countries, but shared the same culture, I would probably judge them in the same way. I don't think the racial differences would alter my judgement. To be fair however, I reacted a little strongly to your first post. I don't appreciate being called a racist, but I don't think you meant it in as strong a way as you put it. It's entirely possible that on a minor level, possibly subconscious, that I make judgements about people based on their race. But consciously, I know for a fact that I don't. I can also assure you that this has nothing to do with me not wanting to believe that I'm in any way racist.

What you said implies you think you're better than asian people. which you are SO NOT.
I might be nitpicking your post here, but isn't this comment racist its self? It seems to imply that you think Asians are better than Kurt, or did you mean something else?

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I recently found out my girlfriend was Jewish, and I had no idea what that actually entailed. I thought Jew was short for Judaism, but people have been telling me it's also a race thing. I've googled around and got different answers (race, religion, and/or both). Anyone (preferably someone Jewish but i'm not prejudiced as long as the facts are straight) care to enlighten me?
Being "Jewish" is a religion. People have used the term "jewish" to refer to anyone with a hebrew descent, however this is politically incorrect. The Adam Sandler song about judaism is a bad example of it. There's no such thing as "half-jewish," because it's a religion. You can't be half catholic or half prodestant, so how could you be half jewish? Granted you can agree with beliefs from any particular religion (like me... I'm an athiest, but I find every religion does have certain teachings/aspects about them that are harmonious to me).

To find out what your girlfriend means when she says she's Jewish-religion, here are a few clues:
1) She does absolutely nothing on saturdays
2) No Christmas whatsoever
3) She wears a beanie often o_O

If by being Jewish she means she's of hebrew descent.... What's the big deal? :p
You could always just ask her what she meant.

Best answers
-JLN- said:
Don't get me wrong, obviously race and culture are closely connected. But the fact remains that someones race and culture aren't the same thing. For example, if there were two people, one white, one black, from two seperate countries, but shared the same culture, I would probably judge them in the same way. I don't think the racial differences would alter my judgement. To be fair however, I reacted a little strongly to your first post. I don't appreciate being called a racist, but I don't think you meant it in as strong a way as you put it. It's entirely possible that on a minor level, possibly subconscious, that I make judgements about people based on their race. But consciously, I know for a fact that I don't. I can also assure you that this has nothing to do with me not wanting to believe that I'm in any way racist.

I might be nitpicking your post here, but isn't this comment racist its self? It seems to imply that you think Asians are better than Kurt, or did you mean something else?
I meant something else: We're all equall. We all have the same humanrights. NO ONE is better than another. That's what i meant -JLN-

Best answers
Being "Jewish" is a religion. People have used the term "jewish" to refer to anyone with a hebrew descent, however this is politically incorrect. The Adam Sandler song about judaism is a bad example of it. There's no such thing as "half-jewish," because it's a religion. You can't be half catholic or half prodestant, so how could you be half jewish? Granted you can agree with beliefs from any particular religion (like me... I'm an athiest, but I find every religion does have certain teachings/aspects about them that are harmonious to me).

To find out what your girlfriend means when she says she's Jewish-religion, here are a few clues:
3) She wears a beanie often
you got several ways of being jewish, right? not every jewish person is the same or obeys the same rules.
i thought every jewish family had their own rules and such..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't a big deal really, but I don't feel comfortable about asking in case she thinks i'm discriminating (or stupid) or something.

3) She wears a beanie often
1) Saturday job
2) Wouldn't know...
3) Haha, no.

Maybe it's just the Hebrew descent then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its all how you use any word... If I go down the hall and call my friend an ass with a smirk, you think he will go and punch my face in? No... But (he is asian btw) If I went up to him all pissed and called im a yellow basterd, he might be offended. And I make fun of other jews as well, (My mom is Jewish) So They dont care too much once they find out I am jewish. But If some punk I didnt know was making jewish jokes, Id kill him. So its all how you use the word. Its wierd though, in the US... Greetings to friends entail such things as "What up, slut?" "lol, ***" and things to describe good things come out as "you dude, that girl over there is SICK!" and... "That trick was ILL!" ITs all wierd

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:

If by being Jewish she means she's of hebrew descent.... What's the big deal? :p
Arguably, you can be "Half-Jewish" because Judaism isn't only a religion--it's an ethnicity. People argue that you can be half an ethnicity, but not a religion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
There isn't a big deal really, but I don't feel comfortable about asking in case she thinks i'm discriminating (or stupid) or something.

1) Saturday job
2) Wouldn't know...
3) Haha, no.

Maybe it's just the Hebrew descent then.
Raven, man, if she's going to get mad at you because you are trying to get to know more about her, you have bigger problems than her thinking you're stupid.

Anyway, I am what you would call half-Jewish. I celebrate holidays from both sides of my family (Christmas and Chanuka for example).

I don't go to Temple, or Church. I'm not a practicing half-Jew. People ask me stuff a lot when they find out. I don't think any less of them, I just think they are curious. I personally feel it's good when they ask me things. A lot of people have many misconceptions about Jews. So go ahead and ask her dude.

As for the whole, don't call us Jews thing. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just like everything else. It depends on how you say it as to how someone may take it. Someone saying, "Oh, you're a Jew?", is a lot different from, "Oh... you're a Jew...". If someone were to start saying I was Hebrew I would probably think they were going out of their way not to offend me. Kind of silly in my eyes. I don't go around calling black people "African American". Maybe that's because I'm lazy and black is just so much easier to say. It's not offensive to any reasonable person of that race though, so what's the difference. If you can call me white instead of caucasian, I can call you black.

Wolf Devil said:

Yep, asking her is definetly the way to go. The Christmas thing isn't going to help him with anything. I really hope you don't think it's called a beanie though. :p

On a different note. It's pretty funny to come across someone spouting off slander about Jews and then reveal to them that you are Jewish. It's always a guaranteed laugh. I can't really think of too much else you can do that with.

*edit*
@Synth - I don't find her attractive at all. I know you weren't asking me but, yea. :p

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judaism is the religion of the Hebrews (race), if that clears it up. People who claim that Jewish is a race, are simply misguided.

Best answers
Pain said:
Yep, asking her is definetly the way to go. The Christmas thing isn't going to help him with anything. I really hope you don't think it's called a beanie though. :p
Heh, nah. I know it's something else. I just didn't wanna look the fool by attempting to spell the actual name; better I look a fool for callin' somethin stupid ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom