Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope karrde. To be able to do that we would need to preety much write our own engine.

Physics itself doesnt support fluids to well. It can do particles and stuff but i have yet to see fluids (like an aquarium with a hole leaking water)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you can change the entire water body with particles, and achieve something similar with particle simulation. Doubt it would look fancy though, or work fancy without blowing up your PC in all its awesomeness.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam no he cant. You know exactly how the water looks like ATM since it preety much works the same as it did when you were still on the team.
True, but isn't he able to create an effect that shows above the water when you do whatever? It should be possible, it was already done with water trails. :p

---------- Double Post below was added at - 02:29 PM has been merged with this post created - 02:24 PM at ----------

Don't think this is possible with the current Half-Life engine, as not even Half-Life 2 has that. The water in both systems are quite "solid" so to speak. You can make it look fancy, place it where ever you want but it won't move one bit besides going either up or down depending on the scripts within the map that is attached to the water. The water itself doesn't have any physics, otherwise it would have been possible. Do correct if I'm wrong (those who are more familiar with it)
I think Raven and the core| squad proved that mostly anything (again, mostly!) is possible with the Half-Life engine. It just requires tons of work.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Uhm well it could be done with some hacks and tricks, like splitting up the water and fill the empty parts with metaballs and particles, but as stated here that would totally kill your CPU thats sure. And well some Engines might support liquid simulations but not for huge areas like a lake or ocean only for small parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom