Was Gohan SSJ2 Against Dabura?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hleV at [url]http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-165.html[/url] said:
Gohan should have been SSJ2 when he fought Dabura. His hair looked like SSJ2's (only a single hair hung on the forehear). Anyway there were no sparks for some reason. Did Akira Toriyama fail? He did. Either Gohan was SSJ2 (but no sparks though they should have been there) or he was SSJ1 (there was no reason for him to not ascend to SSJ2) - AT failed.

Gohan was pretty even with Dabura, who was predicted to be around as strong as Cell. Later Goku stated that he underestimated Dabura. So, what's the reason to fight Dabura as SSJ1? He went SSJ2 at World's Tournament even though he was asked for a regular SSJ and now he can't go SSJ2 against a strong opponent? Nonsense.

Don't forget that Gohan was nowhere as strong as he was against Cell. And still he fought evenly with an opponent probably stronger than Cell as SSJ1? Again, nonsense.
Talk.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan got stronger over the years, it happens. Also, your statement about the hair makes no sense because he had bangs to begin with when he was an adult.

Edit: You even said it yourself. Gohan underestimated Dabura... so he didn't go SSJ2.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, his hair in adult form never changed, ssj, ssj2 or mystic or w.e it's called.

He couldn't of been ssj2 the whole buu saga cause it was said by vegeta(and piccolo too?) that he wasn't as strong as he was against cell, which was true or the electricity would of been added to his aura.

So he was ssj1 up until he trained with the kais.

I feel like such a ***/nerd when I talk about this stuff. So I'm gonna stop contributing to these threads.

On the other hand, this multiverse comic is pretty cool.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Ball Z is confusing.

It's been stated in both the manga and the anime that Gohan didn't fight in SSJ2 in his fight with Dabura. The answer to why this is is unknown, but if anything, it's a possibility that he was able to transform but not maintain the form since he'd been out of fighting practice for so long, or just didn't feel it was necessary for Dabura.

Super Perfect Cell > Cell >= Dabura

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Gohan got stronger over the years, it happens. Also, your statement about the hair makes no sense because he had bangs to begin with when he was an adult.

Edit: You even said it yourself. Gohan underestimated Dabura... so he didn't go SSJ2.

That's Mystic Gohan. Regular Gohan and SSJ1 Gohan had two strands, while SSJ2 Gohan and Mystic Gohan had 1 strand.

Gohan stopped training hard after Cell and Vegeta stated that Gohan was no where near as powerful as he was when he fought Cell.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this may not be right but I dont think he went SSJ2 unless he was in a perfected SSJ2 form where he has no energy jolts around him.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Gohan never goes ssj2 again after cell only at the world tournament.

In the manga he also states "I can't be like I was before" when Goku says if he gets angry he can defeat anyone- in reference to Babbidi and Dabura.

It is not impossible for someone in regular ssj to fight Dabura or Cell shown by Goku vs Cell.

No he never would have perfected ssj2 he never even trained in the gap between Cell and Buu.

When Gohan is an adult his hair is the least reliable indicator of strength. Strands? What the **** is wrong with you people? Don't worry about THE STORY OR ANYTHING.

END OF THREAD.

awllalwalalwlawl

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regular Gohan and SSJ1 Gohan had two strands, while SSJ2 Gohan and Mystic Gohan had 1 strand.
No. Mystic Gohan has the hair exactly the same as regular Gohan. It's just drawn incorrectly when he fights Super Buu. In some pages you see him having 2 strands. Anyway the hair are not the same as in Great Saiyaman saga, the back ones are a bit grown in Great Tournament saga.

Anyway if you look closely in Great Tournament Saga you'll see that regular Gohan has 2 strands and when he goes SSJ2, there's only 1 strand. But in Great Saiyaman saga regular and SSJ Gohan's hair doesn't change its form.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. Mystic Gohan has the hair exactly the same as regular Gohan. It's just drawn incorrectly when he fights Super Buu. In some pages you see him having 2 strands. Anyway the hair are not the same as in Great Saiyaman saga, the back ones are a bit grown in Great Tournament saga.

Anyway if you look closely in Great Tournament Saga you'll see that regular Gohan has 2 strands and when he goes SSJ2, there's only 1 strand. But in Great Saiyaman saga regular and SSJ Gohan's hair doesn't change its form.
This.

Pointing out minor differences isn't going to mean that he was in a different form. If he didn't have sparks, then he was SSJ1. If he had sparks, then he was SSJ2. There are more differences that are noticeable than a strand of hair.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he had sparks, then he was SSJ2.
Or he was SSJ2 but sparks were forgotten.

Think logically instead of referring to visual stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sparks were never forgotten.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or he was SSJ2 but sparks were forgotten.

Think logically instead of referring to visual stuff.
I don't see how an important factor of a transformation would be forgotten. Forgetting to add sparks to SSJ2 is like forgetting to add long hair to SSJ3 Goku.

I could say the same thing to you about thinking logically as well. Having a strand of hair in front of Gohan's forehead will not prove that he's in a different form.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I found this pic somewhere

It seems that major difference in SSJ2 hair is how spiky the top part is. Also, sparks doesn't always mean SSJ2, regular form Gotenks had sparks.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetto had sparks in some page. So he's SSJ2? No. Gohan had no sparks in some pages, so he SSJ1? Not necessary.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetto was also a fusion between two of the most powerful saiyans.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Gohan was supposed (and I believe he was) to be SSJ2 against an opponent stronger than Cell.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was confirmed multiple times that he wasn't.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Also, i can't find any regular Gohan with only 1 strand.

His hair looks like this

Which is basically the same as his SSJ1 hair

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If what you are saying is correct- it would make it the only ssj2 fight scene to not have sparks.

Look the guy just didn't go ssj2 ok. Get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom