w00t Nappa, (yeah its an edit, stfu XD)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Long story short, nappa has always been my favorite DB character. but my previous attempt at capturing his likeness was a bit "meh".

I discovered that esf 1.3 would contain a recoome model, So i waited until the open beta to obtain it, and edited it into a nappa (with full permission granted from kama and GG both)

NORMALLY I spit on edits, but with my previous attempt at nappa in my head, i went ahead with it.

the first one was just a recolor for the most part,

Comparison

the 2nd one was suggested by kama, and wasnt originally planned. (he was also going to skin it as well, but i got impatient and started without him, and Im glad it happened that way, it let me practice my skinning a bit and im fairly satisfied with the end result)

I rebuilt the shoulders after i deleted the shoulder pads, and re-uvmapped the entire torso, the BIGGEST problem was matching up the torso texture to kama's neck texture, its hard to try and match another skinners style.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at that hotttiieee!!!!

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Also my fave character, well done mate :D

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe the team will add him as a charater the evil team need a new charater since Tine and Gotenks ar good it could work since the new balance ideea even non trans character ar good o make Nappa whit Vegeta from the Saiyan saga whit scouter as a buddy

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
One thing I've noticed, The head seems a little on the the thin and high side, perfect for Recoome of course, But perhaps a little off the mark for the big fella.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great model :O

But for some reason, his head looks more like Lt. Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist than Nappa little bit. Something in that area seems too wide.

Blegh, it feels so weird to post suggestions in the models section when I am not a modeler.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome =o but yea i agree the head shape doesnt resemble nappa as much

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you don't notice the head shape much ingame, so it doesn't bother me enough to fix it =P

i currently have it compiled in for the open beta for use for ginyu or recoome, (same animations), but i plan to do a few more (and perhaps a brand new skeleton altogether) when the official release of 1.3 rolls around.

no point in releasing him as is, with the open beta being as rough as it is, i dont really feel like assigning him to a new skeleton for 1.2 either =P,

if someone makes a saibaman model, that is at least as good as this one appearance wise, we need to get together and set them up as buddies for him =P

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you do a 17 out of 18 ? it will be nice to have 17 to :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty hawt. Not that I like Nappa or anything, but it's a hawt model.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I see kind of weird is Nappa's tail. I'm not sure exactly where it comes out from behind but I don't think its that high up. I'll try and look for some refs to see if I am correct or not.

*edit*
*Don't hurt my nuttzy!*
Only ref I could find was in a game and I am pretty sure thats how the tail is suppose to go.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nuttzy, I usually hate edits myself but this one looks really good and you did got better with your skinning too! :yes:
This would be awesome to have as a custom character in 1.3 <3

It still missing the Nappa-ish feeling, I'll look up for some refs and see if I can find something useful. =)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHAT... 9000?!!1

His head is definately off.

Best answers
Long story short, nappa has always been my favorite DB character. but my previous attempt at capturing his likeness was a bit "meh".

I discovered that esf 1.3 would contain a recoome model, So i waited until the open beta to obtain it, and edited it into a nappa (with full permission granted from kama and GG both)

NORMALLY I spit on edits, but with my previous attempt at nappa in my head, i went ahead with it.

the first one was just a recolor for the most part,

Comparison

the 2nd one was suggested by kama, and wasnt originally planned. (he was also going to skin it as well, but i got impatient and started without him, and Im glad it happened that way, it let me practice my skinning a bit and im fairly satisfied with the end result)

I rebuilt the shoulders after i deleted the shoulder pads, and re-uvmapped the entire torso, the BIGGEST problem was matching up the torso texture to kama's neck texture, its hard to try and match another skinners style.
I think I know what the problem is with the head... his chin should be a tad bit triangular. Also it looks too small for a body like that. Great job tho :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooh looks like someone spent a little too much time at the beach and got a little toasted ;P

Best answers
lol yeah and make the skin a bit brighter and the top of the head more "roundish". :) Should do the trick ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've already started the Animations =/. (including facial animations), so thats iffy

i know the head is off a little, I mean it WAS a Recoome head, not a Nappa head after all. But it looked enough like Nappa TO ME to warrant moving on to the next stage.

theres not alot I can do about the head shape and body shape without rebuilding it completely, unless I want to completely ruin GG's gorgeous polyflow =P

but alas here are some shots of the new animations, (or edits of previous ones to accomodate the shoulders better anyways =P)

(ill upload them in a minute, i have to change the filetypes)

**edit

and stfu about the skintone XD
if you google "nappa" you will see alot of variations, some lighter, some darker, im kinda right in the middle with mine.

Imho, he looks like **** as pale as he is in budokai,

Example.

=/

And phobius, your absolutely right about the tail. it comes out "mid-ass" and then makes its way up to the belt area from there,
but that would require me to actually model the tail =/. (or the base of it anyways). and its really a minor detail (considering its an edit =P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom