[Video] Soaring Over the Cell Games

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though the best solution would be to just cap the number of hits a player can get at once. IE can't do a chain greater than 5.
Which would result in constant 5 hit abusing. It's not a good thing either.

While I really have no idea how ESFF works, in 1.2.3 it may have been possible to do this:
When player crashes into map boundary, which is not ground or some other object - just pure boundary or, as I like to call it, invisible wall, it adds a spray - same spray as you see is added to the place where you launched your beam.

So:
Code:
// Player collides with map boundary
PlayerTouchBoundary(Client)
{
	// Is player thrown into map boundary?
	if (IsPlayerThrown(Client))
	{
		// We create the spray on a place player is currently touching
		new Spray = CreateSpray(Client);

// Is the created spray visible (it won't if it was created on invisible wall)?
		if (IsVisible(Spray))
		{
			// Player crashed into an object (ground, mountain, etc.), do the stuff
		}
	}
}
Just an idea I came with long ago. I'm also not sure how it's done in 1.2.3, though.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea but the skybox is handled as just any other wall in HL. So that would disable any multiple hits even the legit ones from the terrain.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tho I have a question about charging attacks like bigbang or kamehameha. Is it a bit faster now then in esf 1.2.x ??
:DDDDD wait and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea but the skybox is handled as just any other wall in HL. So that would disable any multiple hits even the legit ones from the terrain.
If it's a terrain, the spray would be visible and game act normally. Terrain is also a "map boundary" in my example code.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the best players will eventually get the max number of hits in all situations anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
woooohooooo oooo, this map sucks atm, but will be a lot bettar when i iz done with it, im also kinda surprised this vid was released to the public :>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Could i kindly ask the ESF team if there is any intention of modifying the max players/server ? With maps like this... 32 players... seriously.. atleast 64 without taking a minute to find a prey... thats ONLY if they are not moving :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. The engine and your computer probably cant handle that many player models ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BS Layne. The map has bugs yes, but it in no way sucks. As for how it got public - no idea. It was originally supposed to be FP only :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, this isn't in the FP? lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you guys should amke the boundries farther apart! huge maps would be so awesome! but if you had something else, then i guess you cant....but thats and awesome telportation bug leave it unfixed XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No. The engine and your computer probably cant handle that many player models ^^
With the things you did with ESF makes me think the team could somehow bypass the 32 player limit... and even much more.. :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such huge maps would do awesome work if the maximum player limit could be surpassed.
EDIT: Also, WTF...? Why did you make the map so huge if you're not even going to use all of it?

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Because if you fly to the edge of the map, to thee border....you can see what is beyond it. It looks a whole lot better than just seeing the edges of the map and nothingness when you stand on said edge.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such huge maps would do awesome work if the maximum player limit could be surpassed.
EDIT: Also, WTF...? Why did you make the map so huge if you're not even going to use all of it?
Do you REALLY believe those mountains in the BG are 3D? The forrests? Its all 2D plains that looks good, as long as you dot get to close.

Quality over Quantity man.

@pharaoh Im saying even if we bypass 32 players, your computer will not be able to handle that many people in the server. the engine cant handle that many polygons.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
THEN TAKE A V8 ENGINE!
lal just kidding.

Oh well... I assume we still can get out of the boundary with some teleport commands :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can. Not in the finished one though XD

Though there are still AMXX mods ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom