Vegeta W.I.P.

Best answers
really? the wireframe is deceiving but the first image is a huge jump from your initial one.
hahaha, yeah, but it still looks aweful, i made a new one. i will show you guys when i make the diffuse map for it

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you dont necessarily have to model the eyebrows and pupils, its a bit heavy on the triangle count as well. id wager you could half the count and still have the near exact same finished textured appearance when its over and done with just by collapsing some of the loops and whatnot.

I could show you what id do, but i havent re-installed max on this computer yet.

with that being said, as others have said. There is a clear difference from the first and second, you are getting better quick.

best thing i could tell you, unless your going for cinematic quality, just texture the small details on. You wont tell the difference in the end

Best answers
you dont necessarily have to model the eyebrows and pupils, its a bit heavy on the triangle count as well. id wager you could half the count and still have the near exact same finished textured appearance when its over and done with just by collapsing some of the loops and whatnot.

I could show you what id do, but i havent re-installed max on this computer yet.

with that being said, as others have said. There is a clear difference from the first and second, you are getting better quick.

best thing i could tell you, unless your going for cinematic quality, just texture the small details on. You wont tell the difference in the end
wait, tell me if i understood everything right!
you want me to remove the eyebrows and the pupils and instead of them i should just texture it?
is that what you wanted to tell me?
if it is, then how should i animate the eyes?

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Not sure what game you are making this for, but generally speaking a dragonball z game would be so fast paced with combat, who would even notice something like animated eyes?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure what game you are making this for, but generally speaking a dragonball z game would be so fast paced with combat, who would even notice something like animated eyes?
We do have some closeup scenes of faces e.g. in transformation scenes, therefore all of our characters have animatable eyes, but DT can give some details on that.

Best answers
We do have some closeup scenes of faces e.g. in transformation scenes, therefore all of our characters have animatable eyes, but DT can give some details on that.
hmm...
is it stupied to ask who DT is? I am a bit new to the forums as you may already know

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could cheat the system and make alpha anime eyes that sink in and out of the face when needed.

but as for the mouth, i dunno. Ive found just having a lower jaw movement it works fine for basic yells and screams.

Best answers
you could cheat the system and make alpha anime eyes that sink in and out of the face when needed.

but as for the mouth, i dunno. Ive found just having a lower jaw movement it works fine for basic yells and screams.
what is alpha anime eyes?

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
As Nuttzy referred to anime alpha eyes, he was talking of simple use alpha planes in order to mimic the eyes. Sort of like was done in NNK, but texture swaps were for all face/other parts textures at once, not alpha planes if I am correct.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alpha transparencies, without max installed its kinda weird to show you. but this is as best i can do in paint

Attachments

Best answers
hmmm....
as you said Nuttzy, its kinda hard to explain without max, so is there a tutorial of this that i can watch, or read?

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
He explained it really well though, just pay attention to how he describes the red lines. You can rig alpha planes to bones and just simply change them, sort of you can say "swap them within one frame". Kind of interesting approach, although it can only work if you had not many animations for the eyes or any other part that you rig up like that. Cheers to Nuttzy for a nice idea.

Best answers
yeah ok, but i still didnt understand.
And btw, i am taking a break on modeling android 16 for now, i am working on three other models, two for zedu and one for me :D
i will get vack to 16 as soon as i am done with them

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You make a flat rectangular plane, a 2 dimensional tile.
Apply a texture of the eyes on it.
You make the colour of the negative space in the texture transparent so all you see on the plane is the eyes.
Then you rig that plane to a unique bone for that plane.
Repeat with different planes and different textures for different expressions.
Then animate the bones so that the one you want to see is visible just in front of the face, while the other bones are tucked inside your model where you wont see them.

What's to misunderstand?

Last edited:
Best answers
i didnt missunderstand anything!!
i just didnt understand everything, and know i understand (i think)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have never actually made it on a fully functioning esf model, i did mess around with it back in the day on a hercule model me and shijing were working on, but the final version didnt contain it.
(the ridiculous one with the rocket launcher and jetpack), This was back in the timeframe where i tried to release a new model every week, emphasis was on quantity, not making sense or quality.

it doesnt have to be necessarily a flat plane though, you could just clone the entire face if you wanted, so long as it tucked back into the head completely (wouldnt even have to be completely as most of it would be transparent) and animate the mouth this way too. im Tempted just to re"acquire" max so i can try this full scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom