Vegeta vs. Kid Buu - SSJ or SSJ 2 ?

When Vegeta had blonde hair and fought Kid Buu, he was...

• SSJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSJ 2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You misinterpretated...
I meant, if Vegeta was SSJ when he was fighting Kid Buu, once he started getting whooped wouldn't he have gone SSJ2? He couldn't, because he already was.
And Vegeta isn't one to normally hold back, either.

Best answers
he would of gone ssj2 if he could but he couldnt because he wasnt stronge enough . the only way he went ssj2 againt buu and goku was because of the boost he got from majin. when he blew himself up he lost majin and he lost the boost it gave him therefore he cant go ssj2 anymore.

Best answers
i seriously doubt that vegeta didnt have the ability to go ssj2 when they were facing off against kid buu. i mean we all know that he did some amount of training in between the cell and buu sagas. and some of the stuff said in the anime leads us to believe that he has become stronger than gohan (take for example when vegeta wasnt impressed after gohan turned ssj2 at the tournament). so he should of had enough power to trasform to an ssj2 also

Best answers
he wasnt impressed because he had allready seen it happen . and he had seen it happen by a 10 year old boy. the same person 7 years later doing it was no suprise to him.

and vegeta's attitude is allways like that . take a look at the situation when vegeta was facing off super gohan buu. vegeta acually thought that he could beat buu and he wasnt impressed by gohan buus powers.

and look how suprised vegeta was when he saw goku power up to ssj2 to kill that minion of babadi that was sucking up goku's light from his aura. because he saw that goku could go ssj2 and that he couldnt . that is why he wanted to go majin, because then he saw that goku was stronger than him and he wanted the power difference to dissapear.

Orz

Best answers
Not to forget that Vegeta was dead. In DBZ dead people are supposedly stronger and more enduring than the living - that's why SSJ3 Goku's power runs out far quicker than he expected, but also why Vegeta managed to keep Kid Buu distracted for so long.

Basically, SSJ or SSJ2, Vegeta didn't have a chance against Buu. In fact, there was an entire episode dedicated to the fact that for the first time ever, Vegeta acknowledged that he was outclassed and that the only person left to save the universe was Goku. He'd never done this before, even though there were plenty of times somebody transformed and got incredible power while he was watching.

As Nite said, Vegeta tries very hard not to be impressed by power. When Piccolo fuses with Kami and is powering up on the ground, he's initially shocked in the air - but he doesn't let anybody see that, and instead confronts him angrily and demands to know how his power increased.

There's also the matter of him truly believing that he was more powerful than Trunks after the Time Chamber training, when Trunk's raw power was incredibly high. He just lacked the training and finesse to correctly use SSJ2 instead of USSJ.
Vegeta surely would have sensed Trunks' greater power if he wasn't so blinded with his own ego and new achievements.

He also refused to become Vegetto initially thinking that he actually had a chance against Super Buu, when it was obvious that none of them did. After all, if it were possible for one single person to beat Super (Gohan) Buu, Goku would have turned SSJ3 and done it himself.

So it IS possible that he was only SSJ against Kid Buu, if his Majin powerboost was truly gone. He survived as long as he did by being dead already, although he came close to being annihilated several times. The fact that Goku was SSJ2 and managing to keep up with Buu suggests that either Vegeta was SSJ1, or Goku was simply more powerful and skilled than Vegeta in any form.

Best answers
hopefully this will clear things up .i just put this together

left = when he was on kaioshins planet
right = ssj2 against fat buu

notice on the one where he was up against fat buu his hair is more pointy and more "stuck together" in the pics where he was on kaioshins planet his hair is all loose and flopping all over the house.

Best answers
I can't see much of a difference in those pictures to tell you the truth. You've got to remember that it's hardly a precise art anyway. I seriously doubt the artists go to great lengths to ensure that an SSJ2's hair MUST look straight & spikey, and an SSJ1's hair MUST look wavey with broad tufts, etc. How a particular artist draws and colours something is also one of the reasons for the great variation in hair/eye colour among SSJs . . . although DBZ fans (losers) like ourselves would rather argue pointlessly that's it because of power level, SSJ form, emotions, needs the toilet etc. ;)

You've also got to remember the unique hairstyle each Saijin possesses, and how that can complicate blanket definitions as to what the hair of a particular form of SSJ should look like.

Best answers
what r u talking about they do try to make each different ssj level look different.look at any pic of some1 in ssj1 and then a pic of them in ssj2 and u can easily tell that the hair is different :O. i dunno about u but i can c the differences in the pic i posted O_O .

Best answers
For sure they're different, but what I'm saying is that the differences between them are not always as precise and "set in stone" as many people would like to believe, largely attributable to inconsistencies in how the various artists decide to draw the characters (as I said in my previous post).

BTW-the pictures you posted are a bit hard to judge, because the images of Majin Vegeta are shown at different angles to the ones on the left. A character's stance and camera angle can have a big effect on how the hair looks; I have a feeling that you can probably find a few images of the Majin Vegeta fight where his hairstyle looks similar to the pictures on the left, when shown from the same angle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll show you a SSJ1 and SSJ2!!

This is an ssj1 look at his hair do you see any spikes he doesn't have that much spikes it's like havin his normal hair just go gold!

This is a Super Saiyan 2 he has more hair spikes look!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll show you a SSJ1 and SSJ2!!

This is an ssj1 look at his hair do you see any spikes he doesn't have that much spikes it's like havin his normal hair just go gold!

This is a Super Saiyan 2 he has more hair spikes look!
http://www.dbgtn.com/images/cels/vegeta/vegeta13.jpg[img]

Plus if you say he's hair grow no way because like he said A saiyans hair never change.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well this is what he looks like in the manga:

Best answers
vegetto 91 u might wanna use pics from the same saga next time .

Best answers
Vegetto91, your pics aren't much of a proof.....
the pics aren't from the same saga, also the drawing style is different! (the style changes from saga to saga! e.g. in the frieza saga, goku looks really crappy as SSJ!)
and on the second pic, vegeta isn't SSJ2....as well as he wasn't against Kid Buu!
Plus if you say he's hair grow no way because like he said A saiyans hair never change.
not to talk about SSJ3...*cough*

dave, in the manga he looks like SSJ2, but he isn't....as well as he isn't SSJ2 against kid Buu...

Orz said:
There's also the matter of him truly believing that he was more powerful than Trunks after the Time Chamber training, when Trunk's raw power was incredibly high. He just lacked the training and finesse to correctly use SSJ2 instead of USSJ.
Vegeta surely would have sensed Trunks' greater power if he wasn't so blinded with his own ego and new achievements.
actually, Vegeta was stronger than Trunks....Trunks was the fool who didn't see, that Vegeta also was able to go USSJ, but HE knew about the weaknesses of this form, so he rather stayed powered up Super-Saiyan!

He also refused to become Vegetto initially thinking that he actually had a chance against Super Buu, when it was obvious that none of them did.
Vegeta just didn't want to fuse with Goku, because of this old pride thingy.... he didn't really think he could win against Buu....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's really hard to judge. Even looking at the Goku vs. Majin Vegeta fight there are scenes where there seems to be no elecricity and the hair is about the same as normal SSJ
Actually it's quite easy for Goku and Gohan.

Goku has less bangs. Look:
Goku SSJ2

Goku SSJ1:

Gohan SSJ1:

Gohan SSJ2:

Majin Vegeta (SSJ2) :

SSJ1 Vegeta:

-He has to be SSJ1 here because this is before he transforms.
SSJ2 Vegeta:

-He has to be SSJ2, his hair is way too spikey.
I seriously doubt a SSJ1 would survive even a second in a fight with Kid Buu, even if they are dead already. Goku would last a few seconds if I'm correct. Goku was SSJ2 when he first started fighting Kidbuu. SSJ2 power is like tripled the ammount if a normal SSJ.

-look how spikey his hair is compared to this:

if he was SSJ1 against Kidbuu, how is his hair that much more spikey than it was 7 years before with the fight of Cell and the Androids.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was ssj2 against kidbuu. You can see the different drawings when he shows fatbuu the different transformations in order to buy time.

Best answers
Guys are we forgetting one very valid point when it comes to SSJ2? The LIGHTNING PEOPLE, the LIGHTNING SPARKS. As long as lightning is sparking around the body, it's safe to say they're at LEAST above ssj 1

Best answers
Bryggz got the point!
no lightning - no SSJ2 !
there is never lightning, when Vegeta fights Buu!
he was just SSJ2 as Majin Vegeta and when he was "part of" Super Vegetto!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look at the friggin pic i posted again, LIGHTNING, and thats the offical story, OFFICIAL! plus i dont think you can forget how to go ssj2 so it dont matter is vegeta is majin or not, and like goku said, it isnt about how much power you have, its about the need for power........ to me he's ssj2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys are we forgetting one very valid point when it comes to SSJ2? The LIGHTNING PEOPLE, the LIGHTNING SPARKS. As long as lightning is sparking around the body, it's safe to say they're at LEAST above ssj 1
Thats not all true. The blue lightning isnt always there for SSJ2. Most of the time it means there are large bursts of energy coming off of the person. Such as Gohan,Goku and Vegeta. Gohan while fighting Cell, and Goku vs Majin Vegeta. Look through some of the episodes of the Cell games, Gohan is SSJ2, yet the elecricity isnt there some times. Take a look here:

Goku all stages.

SSJ2 Vegeta.

SSJ2 Vegeta.

SSJ2 Vegeta.

SSJ1 Vegeta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom