Upgraded Scouter ---> ZOOMING

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God NO!

• Yes i want a zoom function, but not in the way suggested here..

• I don't care..

• Total voters
Best answers
I think the game really needs a zoom function
This could be easily made by making it a part of the scouter.
In the sometimes huge maps of ESF its kinda hard to keep track of your enemy, and not being able to see the characters of the game (just a dot on the horizon) takes away a big part of the DBZ feeling.. (at least for me.) :(

In the series they could also see each other most of the time, even when they were a great distance apart.

Next to a mixed, radar and player scouter mode, make a zoom function too. This would mean 3 (or more/less) different magnifications. They could be switched by pushing a certain button when in zoom mode.
The magnified image would only be visable in the scouter square. :)

To prevent this from being used to much, or giving to much an advantage, you would not be able to look at the radar since it is in scouter mode. When in zoom mode you could also make it so that when you have your crosshair at a player, the player will become outlined small thin red line around them, and a PL reading next to em... (optional)

Don't know if ya'll like this idea but either way, ESF NEEDS A ZOOM FUNCTION!!! :warning:

Best answers
I agree. This has been on my mind for some time now. They'll have to make it so that the background-grid on the scouter keeps a scale for distances

Best answers
Thnx :yes: ... another idea for the scouter:

Since people keep suggesting a "hide your pl" option why not do it like this.. :idea:

When a player has a PL 2.5x(optional) as high as yours, he would be seen on the scouter, no matter how far away in the map he is. ~Not~ the ~exact~ location, but in wich direction he is, with the dot on the edge of the scanner pointing in that direction.
I mean think about it.. in the series they are also able to sense massive powerlevels, when they are on the other side of the planet!

That way, going from ssj back to normal would actually have a tactical advantage.
It would also balance the player races more.
You would have a massive PL playing as Buu/Cell/Freeza, but everybody would now where you are.. EDIT: :warning: So yes Krazy Killa, that would mean they also have a disadvantage..

:warning: Just an idea though, keep the main focus of this topic on the zooming function!!! :warning:

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Sentient said:
Thnx :yes: ... another idea for the scouter:

Since people keep suggesting a "hide your pl" option why not do it like this.. :idea:

When a player has a PL 2.5x(optional) as high as yours, he would be seen on the scouter, no matter how far away in the map he is. ~Not~ the ~exact~ location, but in wich direction he is, with the dot on the edge of the scanner pointing in that direction.
I mean think about it.. in the series they are also able to sense massive powerlevels, when they are on the other side of the planet!

That way, going from ssj back to normal would actually have a tactical advantage.
It would also balance the player races more.
You would have a massive PL playing as Buu/Cell/Freeza, but everybody would now where you are..

:warning: Just an idea though, keep the main focus of this topic on the zooming function!!! :warning:
But then the players that play the characters with permanent transformations will be at a disadvantage, since they can't powerdown. Unless the team allows those characters to hide their powerlevels (If they put that in).

Back on topic. How about showing the players race on the heads-up-display as well, along with their name, etc.

Best answers
For the zooming part im up for it if your scouter turns into a screen itself where it zooms in itself and not the whole screen since you have 1 eye in the field and 1 eye in your scouter. So scouter = big magnifying glass... err scope or whatever. Just to keep track of long distanced enemies.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah that'll be cool. If they do use it, it probably won't be in till a very late Beta release. :S

Best answers
i really like idea ive been wanting it secnce 1.0 but never suggested cuz i thought the esf board would start yelling and saying its stupid like ever onther idera i have well w\e of topic sry nice idea

Best answers
The zoom idea is nice but I don't think you should have 3 different magnifications. I suggest next to mixed, radar, and player mode, there is a zoom function, but there is a "lock on mode". This would be similar to the melee locking system, but you can't move while you do this. When you lock on, you can then zoom in and out with the movement keys. You can lock on to anything, but if you can lock onto a player, you get to see his health, ki, and current attack.

Best answers
eh.. so you're suggesting a zoom function so you can snipe? Zoom is useless, if someone's on the other side of the map, you don't need to see them. Just be worried about the guy coming up behind you with a fully charged kame

Best answers
I said there would be 3 different magnifications so you can search the map.. If you haven't seen the player yet, and there is only 1 magnification it would get kinda annoying when you look at an object that is closer than the magn can handle.. Unless the zoom would auto adjust.. :idea:

I personally don't think this lock on mode would be a good idea, SSJ2Kamehameha..
I think it's better to make it in such a way that when you have the enemy targeted with melee, the scouter zoom view would stay zoomed in on the enemy, but only if he is somewhere in the direction you are looking at.. (Otherwise the scouter would spoil the entire surprise effect..)

And Death, i don't want a zoom to snipe, (and even if i did, freeza's laser attack is the almost the only thing you could effectively "snipe" with) but to add to the DBZ feeling.
In the series they often are miles apart as well as in the game. Only differance is that in the show the 2 enemies can most of the time still see each other..
What disturbs me about ESF is the fact that it is DBZ with cool models, but the only thing i get to look at ~most of the time~ is a tiny dot on the horizon that is shooting at me.. :S

Best answers
I agree with Death the Jedi...ESF is much too fast paced for a full screen scouter to be useful...Personally, I like the radar, and only look at someone's power level for a fraction of a second...I would be all for keeping the scouter in radar mode automatically, and assigning a hotkey for when I wanted to look at an individal power reading...it could show a fully zoomed picture of the player, along with the name and power signature...

Best answers
Well, i never suggested a full screen scouter...

The zoom screen would be just as big as the scouter..

Best answers
i don't think it is possible to make that zoom-feature! but i don't like that idea anyway....

Best answers
naaah... the zoom-in on an opponent wouldnt do you much good, since beams arent accurate enough to hit someone so far away. how about instead you can zoom the map on the scouter?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if I remember correctly people weren't able to hide their power levels well until they got stronger. I like the idea of a scouter where the grid can be zoomed in and out. Would be handy.

Best answers
Personally...i like the idea of being able to zoom the map instead...kinda like a dragon radar where if u have it on one setting u can see only ppl that are close to u but as u zoom out u get to see more ppl on the map...

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It would be cool if the scouter and the dragon radar could be separate. I like to view player's PL and look at the radar, but I don't like having to wait for the player's PL to go back to the map. Maybe the dragon radar could be right below the scouter(of course in the shape of a dragon radar). If that was done, then maybe the dragon radar could have a zoom feature to make it easier to find DB's.

Best answers
I'm not sure being able to see more with your scouter is a good idea. As it is, the scouter is at just the right distance that if someone tries hard, they can get a sneak attack in. If you can see someone coming from the other side of the map...it changes the dynamics completely.

Maybe if you could do a "ping" as an option, like when fighters in DBZ are searching for someone on the planet. However, in combat, their scouters only detect people as they get fairly close.

Best answers
That wasn't the topic really, i just want a zoom function with wich you can view players, and the models they are using, cause right now you only see a dot that is shooting at you most of the time.. (wich is a real shame seeing the great models out there..)

The radar wouldn't change, there would just be an extra scouter option with wich you can zoom at players..

You would still have to know where the players are, so the surprise effect would still be in the game..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom