Trunk's Sword sumary in my opinion

Best answers
Ok prity much what i have figured is that all trunk's sword is is a new form of melee

now judging from the video i cant tell if it has an increased range but you get the same effect(opponent gets sent flying accross the map) from what i can tell this isnt going to increase trunk's usefulness

Best answers
Not to mentiont the sound when its used on some one is just odd.o_o I mean where did they dig up that sound wav from?:scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah the sword is very stupid theres no different between this and melee im very disapointed. and the sound is very wierd, that sound was when he killed somebody not hit them... i guess once it out ill have to make a new sound

Best answers
Yeah but the sound it makes , uh could you imagine 5 trunks useing the sword , that sound would get anoying after awhile.:\

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After Advanced melee and sliced bodies are put in 1.2 you'll think different.

For now the sword is used as normal melee, but with 1 difference; When your under 20% health you get gibben when hit with a sword... and you can't block it :]

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MONXver2.0
Yeah but the sound it makes , uh could you imagine 5 trunks useing the sword , that sound would get anoying after awhile.:\

Actually it is not as bad as you think. Play long enough and you get use to it:laff:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is I can't wait to play. It's gonna be great!!! I'm going watch the download all night long, counting down along with its timer. yes, it will be great...

oh and IceFire2050, please remove that test from your sig.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mastasurf
After Advanced melee and sliced bodies are put in 1.2 you'll think different.

For now the sword is used as normal melee, but with 1 difference; When your under 20% health you get gibben when hit with a sword... and you can't block it :]

woah.. i cant wait for 1.1, and the 20 percent hp thing is whant i needed to hear, thats awesome! and did i see trunks throwing his sword a picoloo?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo, okay, lets use some common sense...
Beta 1.1, general patch
Beta 1.2, Melee patch

Now, why would we spend an insaine amount of time to make trunks sword incredibly l33t when we are going to completly redo the melee system in Beta 1.2? Personally, i think its pretty cool how he pulls the sword out of his holster :p

Best answers
No, i dno't think he trew is sword, allthough it would be pretty kewl. i'm starting to lose my patience here... gimme gimme gimme gimme 1.1

Best answers
If you ask me I dont't really care how the sword use affects the game. Trunks's sword is one of the main things that made Trunks cool and getting to use that instead of the normal melee is awesome. (No more backflipping ahhhhhhhh). I didnt really pay attention to the sond but i will when it's released.

Calm down people it'll be released soon enough

wise man say "Good things come to those who wait"

Altho it would be cool for when the sword is upgraded into its own weapon that it doesent send the opponent flying across the map lol. That jut seems kinda weird to me. It should like hit them, then render them immobile for a second so they cant just melee you back instantly. It could be like a combo maybe 4 or 5 hits with a melee a the end so they go flying. I dunno just an idea and im talking to much now.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mastasurf

So you're saying he'll be able to dismantle skinny Buu when Buu is at 38 life?

Best answers
1: I hope you can not use the sword if you wish.

2: I hope the animations are changed for 1.2. Perhaps the full swing Trunks used on Frieza to cut him in half when they're below 20%

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why wouldn't you want to use the sword? The model isn't too hot, and the sound is repetative, but the same goes for melee. Besides, if you had to press the melee button twice to pull out or sheath your sword, it would only lead to confusion during battles. There's really no point as of yet.

Best answers
Because the only character I use is Trunks. When this release comes out, everyone's going to be Trunks for his sword. Then not only will I have to worry about people calling me lame for having the ability to get a nonblockable kill at less than 20% health, but I'll also have a bunch of noobs using my character. Ah well. Maybe they'll realize that it takes actual skill to be Trunks, and they'll move back to Kame-Goku. Hopefully.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
So, just because people use "your character" you should not care, and if you got rendered a "n00b" by killin people under 20 health, then that is their problem, you shuold actually get praise, since you are the one that shanked them...

Best answers
You'd think that'd be the case. People think I cheat all the time. It's ridiculous.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
well, you shouldnt care what people think, here is my solution, when people are talking tcrap to yoou and telling you what to do, especially on a dediated server, dont listen, and dont chat, that way they arent accomplishing anything:devgrin:
I can see how the sword will be seen as cheap, by the people who take the game so seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom