Time Travel?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course its a hoax.... its hit and miss with his stories...
he is spouting a bunch of BS about the time travel stuff which is pretty obvious to see. no normal person is going to debate with him over the affect of a "super plasma manifold gravitational displacement tube" or whatever he said. it sounds more like something out of star trek.

another reason... i doubt they would send somone back in time that is stupid enough to tell people he is a time traveler... that could jeapordize everything if someone took it upon themselvs to kill him and take the machine. another reason this is obviously a hoax is because if he was going to divulge any information at all he would be better off doing it on some form of mass communication and not on some obscure forum where there are no professionals to question him.

sure he made a few interesting hits with the mad cow stuff but if you look at everything he says its all very vague. its like those fortune tellers, they take swings in the dark hoping that YOU will make a connection to something they have said.

and in the highly unlikely situation that he is telling the truth... well he was born in florida and he is still alive, so it is safe to assume part of florida was not hit by the world wide nuke orgy. its information like this that a real military person would not let slip, time traveler or not.

and im not gonna say anything about all that crap he was spouting about god.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His name isn't John Titor, it's Trunks. He came from the future to save us all. How touching..

Pfft. What a chunk of bologna that guy is.

Best answers
It looks to me like a guy trying to catch our attention with an interesting story, y'know, to draw our attention to World Issues.

This man is obviously intelligent (or it could be a small group of people, who knows) and is try to say (In my opinion) "Look, things can go bad for you, do something about it" but he's trying to do it in a way that will get it spread around the net.

People will read it, debunk the whole thing as a hoax, but the next time they're about to do something he preaches against, they'll stop and think a bit more. I think this is a very clever way to get people to think.

The bit I love is where he says that people in his time see us as lazy, self centred arseholes. I mean, who wouldn't read that and want to change? Can you honestly say people won't think that about us in the future?

And the way he talked about prejudice being a non-issue in the sense we think about it was good, because he says only lazy people who are just there for the duration are looked down upon. Great way to motivate people, in my opinion. Doesn't matter wether it's true or false, mostly everyone who reads this will take something onboard.

Best answers
Pain said:
of course its a hoax.... its hit and miss with his stories...
he is spouting a bunch of BS about the time travel stuff which is pretty obvious to see. no normal person is going to debate with him over the affect of a "super plasma manifold gravitational displacement tube" or whatever he said. it sounds more like something out of start trek.

another reason... i doubt they would send somone back in time that is stupid enough to tell people he is a time traveler... that could jeapordize everything if someone took it upon themselvs to kill him and take the machine. another reason this is obviously a hoax is because if he was going to divulge any information at all he would be better off doing it on some form of mass communication and not on some obscure forum where there are no professionals to question him.

sure he made a few interesting hits with the mad cow stuff but if you look at everything he says its all very vague. its like those fortune tellers, they take swings in the dark hoping that YOU will make a connection to something they have said.

and in the highly unlikely situation that he is telling the truth... well he was born in florida and he is still alive, so it is safe to assume part of florida was not hit by the world wide nuke orgy. its information like this that a real military person would not let slip, time traveler or not.

and im not gonna say anything about all that crap he was spouting about god.

Couldnt agree with you more Pain. And ya i know your a nonbeliever of the Lord but that's ok i wont judge you on it. Anyway seriously the military would NEVER let this information out. Its too confidential. I mean seriously if your gonna make an organization of time travelers, then your pretty much gonna keep it under wraps. I mean if this is true ofcourse...doubt it. Also, that mad cow disease...you think HE could have started it. Also not that many cows were infected anyway. Im still eating steaks and burgers and im feeling great. I mean damn i had a steak that was damn good, tender,juicy, delicious... :p man that was a great steak. O and chances of war is like a 50 50 shot whether Bush is in office or not. I mean hell Clinton put us in this position in the first place...selling all our private info to different countries just for money the greedy *******. How the hell you think 911 occured? o_O Im not gonna get into it..Anyway i believe we are in the safest estate we can ever be in right now. If im proven wrong by this guy then may a monkey slap me in the ass.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Something worth mentioning..

Time travel is not a secret in 2036 and I expect it will become more common.
If time travel was going to come into common use in any time people would be coming back to all ages, including our own. To say that time travel would become common implies that any idiot could by and use a time machine. So why aren't 2050 yuppies popping into the world as I type?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From site said:
What is the progress on string theory?

47. In 2036, string theory still dominates physics due to its continued "effect" of encompassing other physical properties from unrelated fields. A great deal of the theoretical mathematics behind time travel was discovered by testing various ideas in string theory and eliminating the anomalies. As I recall, it was this original work that led to the final proof that six dimensions do indeed curl up to give us our observable universe. This in turn supported more of the theoretical math behind time travel.

48. It's ironic that the beauty of string theory gives future engineers the confidence to create the distortion unit even though the final proof is still unknown. You're a physics student, have you ever heard the Princeton String Quartet play?

Auctally they more reciently proved thers 11 demisions so This comes as a fake quote.

This guy is pulling a Nostradomus: (scuse my spelling)
If you make anything mysterious enough, vague enough, and leave it to enterpation, it could come true. :eek: Or it could be about nothing :eek:

NeLo said:
Many ppl dont realize it but you can already time travel. Im in California where its 6. If i go to NY or TN its 8 (p.m.) So therefore i would be traveling foward through time. Now if i go back then ill be going back in time. Neat huh?
Yeah, but when you reach that infamous international date line :eek:

Best answers
Engar said:
Something worth mentioning..

If time travel was going to come into common use in any time people would be coming back to all ages, including our own. To say that time travel would become common implies that any idiot could by and use a time machine. So why aren't 2050 yuppies popping into the world as I type?
\He meant it will be common for military use. Not use of the common everyday person. He didnt mean it in a way where a person can go to the corner store and buy one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's not part of the real military, guys. He says he was a part of some civilian militia. The REAL military gets nuked by Russia. The REAL military are the guys WE (me and you, everyday people) supposedly end up going to the civil war against.

So all these "no real military person wouldn't tell us this" points are irrelevent; he's just an average joe who fought in the militia and was deemed intelligent enough to operate the time machine.

Also--about the 6 dimensions vs 11 dimensions thing...where exactly does he say there's ONLY 6? He says that once we know of the six physically tangible ones, we were able to develop principles behind time travel. There could be thousands, for all we know. Doesn't mean we'll find or use every one of them.

I think a lot of the nay sayers just read bits and pieces of it. And if it IS just a clever way to get us to look at ourselves and make a change, then good--we ought to, cause we ****ing suck. We ARE lazy, undereducated, disinterested automatons.

We'll see what happens. With Kerry winning these primaries suddenly, I think I can already see it, if Titor's real. It will be some thing where the projected election results are an obvious landslide for some candidate, and then to our dismay, Bush will be the winner and it will piss everyone off to no end.

I already want to blow up the White House because of that assclown; I'm sure a whole slew of people getting the same idea isn't so far off. Hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeLo said:
Couldnt agree with you more Pain. And ya i know your a nonbeliever of the Lord but that's ok i wont judge you on it. Anyway seriously the military would NEVER let this information out. Its too confidential. I mean seriously if your gonna make an organization of time travelers, then your pretty much gonna keep it under wraps. I mean if this is true ofcourse...doubt it. Also, that mad cow disease...you think HE could have started it. Also not that many cows were infected anyway. Im still eating steaks and burgers and im feeling great. I mean damn i had a steak that was damn good, tender,juicy, delicious... :p man that was a great steak. O and chances of war is like a 50 50 shot whether Bush is in office or not. I mean hell Clinton put us in this position in the first place...selling all our private info to different countries just for money the greedy *******. How the hell you think 911 occured? o_O Im not gonna get into it..Anyway i believe we are in the safest estate we can ever be in right now. If im proven wrong by this guy then may a monkey slap me in the ass.
And where is your doctorate in Political Science that proves all this...?

Best answers
Also by the way, he did post about things occuring after 2000...He posted this before 911. But it can just be coinsidence. Either way this guy states specifically that the start of everything will occur 2004-2005, and end in 2015.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
He's not part of the real military, guys. He says he was a part of some civilian militia. The REAL military gets nuked by Russia. The REAL military are the guys WE (me and you, everyday people) supposedly end up going to the civil war against.

So all these "no real military person wouldn't tell us this" points are irrelevent; he's just an average joe who fought in the militia and was deemed intelligent enough to operate the time machine.
i dont know about you but the average joe shmoe would not last 15 seconds on a battelfeild against the US military. and where are we supposed to get our armaments? they dont sell the high tech stuff on the street. so for his story to be true it means that the civilian militia defeated the trained army? i seriously doubt it.... hell... even if the army was nuked in tactical spots they could probably still kick our asses.... so unless every single military instalation was knocked out there is no way we would win.

another point is... if the US was nuked tacticaly or not, it would set our technology back a bit so i doubt that a time machine magically gets created..... if it was that easy to make one why dont we have one now? i could stick a million holes in his story no matter how well built you may think it is. thus is fiction.

Retired
Best answers
I think time travel is impossible, for example:

what if had a time machine right now, meaning its the 23rd of january 2004, let's say it's around 9 PM (timezone etc, is irrelevant in the example). you travel back in time towards 1910, then right after that you go back to the future, towards 23rd of jan, 2004. but at 8.59 (so 1 minute before you left). you would see a copy of yourself, so you might stop yourself from going in the timemachine, meaning killing your copy (which is you), blabla anyway fundemental paradox. which is impossible.

also how can you make something that is not digital at all, into a digital thing. you input a time (where you want to go), in the PC?!. how does that PC chip know what time that would be, time itself is a unit that was made by humans, clocks etc, it's not a universal thing. so you can never pick an exact date.

Best answers
If all this is true why did he tell us i wouldnt like to know bout us getting blown to bits -_- who knows some parts seem bleavable some dont its just a matter off time if you ask me

Best answers
He really didnt care if you believed him or not, he stated what need to be stated. HE posted many times, "Im do not really care if you believe the statements I have been claiming will occur in the future of your timeline, You can simply face the truth or be entertained by it."

Best answers
Judge said:

what if had a time machine right now, meaning its the 23rd of january 2004, let's say it's around 9 PM (timezone etc, is irrelevant in the example). you travel back in time towards 1910, then right after that you go back to the future, towards 23rd of jan, 2004. but at 8.59 (so 1 minute before you left). you would see a copy of yourself, so you might stop yourself from going in the timemachine, meaning killing your copy (which is you), blabla anyway fundemental paradox. which is impossible.

also how can you make something that is not digital at all, into a digital thing. you input a time (where you want to go), in the PC?!. how does that PC chip know what time that would be, time itself is a unit that was made by humans, clocks etc, it's not a universal thing. so you can never pick an exact date.
Exactly. All of these things Pain, Judge, and myself (well im more of agreeing highly) How can any person place or thing touch time when you really cant touch it. Its like the wind. You can feel it but no one really knows where its coming from. Besides making it which is really easy with like your mouth or something you really cant stop wind from blowing becuz you really dont know where it starts, or stops. Nor for that matter stop it yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time travel is impossible.

Time is a word made by us to abide by. Time doesn't exsist, things just occur.

We cannot stop nor slow down speed and it is impossible to go FORWARD in time because it just hasn't happened yet.

You can SEE the past, but you cannot interfere with it in any way. Say you go 200 light years away from earth and look back, you're seeing earth 200 years ago yet you'll never been able to interact with it.

Time and time travel are both fake illusions created by humans.

Best answers
Smith| said:
Time travel is impossible.

Time is a word made by us to abide by. Time doesn't exsist, things just occur.

We cannot stop nor slow down speed and it is impossible to go FORWARD in time because it just hasn't happened yet.

You can SEE the past, but you cannot interfere with it in any way. Say you go 200 light years away from earth and look back, you're seeing earth 200 years ago yet you'll never been able to interact with it.

Time and time travel are both fake illusions created by humans.
Just like airplanes were impossible and so were cars right? It's amazing how close minded people can be even when history almost always points them in the other direction. And you are quite mistaken on the concepts of time, I suggest you read the book called The Elegant Universe if you haven't already (I assume you haven't from your post). I am not saying the outlooks in the book are correct but they are what almost all experts agree on currently and make the most sense.

Judge said:

First, on paradoxes, that is only assumed to be true if everyone exists on one timeline, but the multiverse theory (which coincides with the string theory)would negate paradoxes since when you traveled through time you would arrive on a totally different timeline.

And on what you said about "time being clocks and it isn't universal" so you couldn't make it digital, think of it this way: All you have to do is calibrate the machine. For example, show the machine exactly what 1 second is by calibrating 1 second, and you now have a digital unit of measure for time. The time it takes for a "human second" to go by is universal and if the machine knows exactly how long a second is then that is all it needs to know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
i dont know about you but the average joe shmoe would not last 15 seconds on a battelfeild against the US military. and where are we supposed to get our armaments? they dont sell the high tech stuff on the street. so for his story to be true it means that the civilian militia defeated the trained army? i seriously doubt it.... hell... even if the army was nuked in tactical spots they could probably still kick our asses.... so unless every single military instalation was knocked out there is no way we would win.

another point is... if the US was nuked tacticaly or not, it would set our technology back a bit so i doubt that a time machine magically gets created..... if it was that easy to make one why dont we have one now? i could stick a million holes in his story no matter how well built you may think it is. thus is fiction.
If you read his story, we DON'T win; Russia nukes our government's facilities and ends the civil war. We just sort of, hold out. The army isn't even really fighting us; more like riot control type of stuff. ANd it's not like open fighting in the streets type of stuff; it's people protesting illegal search and seizure, **** like that. He specifically complains about how we develop "non-lethal" weapons, because we don't realize they are being made to be used on US, the people, when we riot or such stuff.

Think about it too--a lot of army people wouldn't be happy about such things either. From what he says a lot of the army splits apart. Imagine your a colonel who does is job every day and then one day your mother or sister or some **** tells you they were thrown out of their home because someone in there neighborhood was smuggling drugs; subsequently they get forced out and you have to sign an executive order to do the same to everyone in the town, deeming them all expendable in the process? A lot of people don't cooperate with the government's wishes--however, a lot of people also don't want to live in hardship, so they stick with the governmental rules and regs and stay in the cities. Then most of the cities get bombed, and mostly only the people who left survive, thus "winning" the civil war after what Titor calls "a very brief World War III." the end.

And just cause you can poke some holes in a story doesn't mean it's fiction. I can poke holes in anything on a written page if I look at it long enough; even the most...factual of accounts.

I'm not saying it's true. I'm saying it's uncanny, and difficult to deny THE POSSIBILITY that it might be.

Best answers
There is more to the story if you research more on it, for example , type his name up in www.google.com and you'll fine much info on him. :D

Best answers
ok how bout this...we wait to see what happens alright. he says something will happen this year. Well...we will wait and see. o btw how come he doesnt give Exact dates on stuff that will happen?? o_O If he gone to the future then he should atleast give the exact date and time due to the fact..HE WAS THERE. so far all ive read in this thread is that stuff will happen in 2004. Damn man i mean i can say something that will happen next year. Even this year. Doom 3 will be out this year! yay! :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom