The future of esf

Best answers
I think it will all depend on how good 1.3 turns out

1) 1.3 is better than 1.2 and 1.1 combined, ESF will live for atleast another 3 years
2) 1.3 gets screwed and esf dies 3 months after the release.

But yea, thats what I think.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game won't die unless the developers give up on it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or if the comunity gives up

but i can ashure you i wont give up on it playing ESF is relaxing at some points and it has a great feel of fredom in it so i dont care what 1.3 will be like although the new models look awsome

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I doubt ESF will die for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, long time. Just think about it,
there are plenty of features in DBZ that is left to be implemented in a mod. Once they figure out how they will add these extras, they will have another breakthrough in the HL mod community, causing ESF to push back up to the top. Besides, since mechmod is basicly their mod and it will not continue on after its patch, most of its effects, and/or graphical advancements will be sent to ESF thus giving it an extra boost.
Like nitros in NFSU:

nitro button-->boom!-->"wow this is great"-->"I will play this game forever"

I just hope they bring back the swoop trails. ESF feels lite without it :yes: .

EDIT All I have Half-Life for now is ESF,DOD, and TS. I want another TS update!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has replay value, and replay value ensures longevity in habitual addiction.

It's an "online" game, with most console and pc games these days, heavily criticized on their "online" capabilities. ESF is nothing but online capability, leaving no hesitation in throwing you in a deathmatch, leaving you no where to run.

In the end, people will have the urge to play ESF again, like people who have the urge to play an old Atari game once again, who have the urge to bust out a real time strategy game they've let collect dust for a little while, and those who find a reason to spend 19.99 on a anniversery collection of their favorite arcade fixes.

ESF is a classic, and the community it's built are people I'll never forget.

Honestly, let's not act like the end is near, and just let PcJoe and harSens be the maestros.

Best answers
I know they have said it over and over but i still think ESF would be awsome on source and plz ppl how can u say it wont it would have all the stuff we love about ESF plus the extra power to push the mod past its limits on the hl1 engine...dun dun dun here comes the ppl that will blow there tops off and type in caps sayin WTF ESF WILL SUCK ON SOURCE U NOOB.:-D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said, the esf team has update ideas until beta 1.6, and it doesnt exactly take them 1 week to finish a beta,,, more like 6 months,,, so even if esf stops dead on beta 1.6, it will not end for a long time, you never know, more ideas might pop up along the way

**HINT**the suggestion thread**

my guest is, beta 1.6 will be finished around about 2006,

Best answers
thats some high expectations jayster, i doubt that i reckon if it lasts 1.4 end of 06, going on to 1.5 and than funimation will by this mod or something and port it to hl2 or some crappy console..... they couldnt resist it i bet...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it takes roughly 6 months (my guess) for the ESF team to update a beta, so by Jan 2006, they should be on the beta 1.6 project

(and no i am not saying, every update to the beta's take 6 months, somemight take more some might take less

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
After 1.3, what else would be left to add? Bug fixes? A few characters? Tweaks to melee? That is why i am uncertain about the fate of esf.
New game modes, More characters (movie content?), Revamped CTDB. And i'm sure with community behind us, there will be a lot more cool things to add.

And i have to agree with magus. Check out how many people still play starcraft. Just like that oldtimer, this game is flawless gold.

Best answers
XXX said:
Or if the community quits playing -.-
@XXX

The support from the ESF community is really appreciated amongst the ESF team, but should the community quit playing, that’s none of our concern. The community doesn’t fund us. We make the mod for the love of construction, I skin for ESF because I love skinning and I love Dragonball Z. Nothing more.

@ESF Community

Ok, I know I would continue to work on ESF for sometime to come, though I for one would LOVE ESF to be ported to HL2. ESF is by far the biggest DBZ modification ever (you can argue that but, imo its true), BFP, DMZ etc. Came and went, we are still here... working away. I'm a relatively new addition to ESF, thus I am fairly gung-ho about the new release, full of ideas and generally ready and raring to go. Some members, who have been with the mod from early days, may see such a huge release (with so much new content) as a true culmination of all their hard work and decide to call it a day. ESF defiantly wont go ESF source, well that seems to be the consensus atm, I personally would like to call it a day skinning DBZ, once a true amalgamation of ESF’s work has been dubbed “Complete”. Though should a project related to DBZ: Source come along, exceptions could be made. Though the fact remains members can always be replaced to some extent. ESF will continue to flourish aslong as people love Dragonball Z and want the most out of a DBZ Game (and people remain who are willing to put in the time and the graft to see a project start to finish.)

I say with total honesty, I am REALLY looking forward to 1.3, and you should be too!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
@XXX

The support from the ESF community is really appreciated amongst the ESF team, but should the community quit playing, that’s none of our concern. The community doesn’t fund us. We make the mod for the love of construction, I skin for ESF because I love skinning and I love Dragonball Z. Nothing more.

@ESF Community

Ok, I know I would continue to work on ESF for sometime to come, though I for one would LOVE ESF to be ported to HL2. ESF is by far the biggest DBZ modification ever (you can argue that but, imo its true), BFP, DMZ etc. Came and went, we are still here... working away. I'm a relatively new addition to ESF, thus I am fairly gung-ho about the new release, full of ideas and generally ready and raring to go. Some members, who have been with the mod from early days, may see such a huge release (with so much new content) as a true culmination of all their hard work and decide to call it a day. ESF defiantly wont go ESF source, well that seems to be the consensus atm, I personally would like to call it a day skinning DBZ, once a true amalgamation of ESF’s work has been dubbed “Complete”. Though should a project related to DBZ: Source come along, exceptions could be made. Though the fact remains members can always be replaced to some extent. ESF will continue to flourish aslong as people love Dragonball Z and want the most out of a DBZ Game (and people remain who are willing to put in the time and the graft to see a project start to finish.)

I say with total honesty, I am REALLY looking forward to 1.3, and you should be too!
i totally agree Raven Blade,

the ESF team can stop any time they want, infact they dont even have to realease it to us, they could keep it for personal use, but its a good mod and they think it should be shared!

i seriously doubt te ESF will stop/give up before 2006

Best answers
Everything eventually dies, the question is after how long. And ESF will be arround for quite a while.

Best answers
Well.. if they keep on make new stuff for ESF it will live 'longer' nothing lives for ever :(
ESF WILL LIVE ! I support with help and gameplay :D but not money :S cuase i dont got any money or job... if i got alot of money i will support ESF to live long !
And i will help ESF if they need it.. If my help can be used :] heeh
I hop ESF never go to 'Source' if they do i stop play... Then i go back to cs
Cause my pc dont like source graphic ;/

Best answers
Arachka said:
Hey everybody just wanted to know what u think , with the release of HL 2
alot of people gonna move on just wanted to see what the community thinks about this subject , personally i think esf will live untill 1.3 and the community or the mode will die
yatzata omo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom