The future of esf

Best answers
Hey everybody just wanted to know what u think , with the release of HL 2
alot of people gonna move on just wanted to see what the community thinks about this subject , personally i think esf will live untill 1.3 and the community or the mode will die

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
oh dude.....
why all people aks this?
final answer esf will not go to source engine....

Best answers
i didnt say its gonna be ported to source ......... i meant that HL2 is released now so alot of people are moving to HL2 and HL2 mods , i didnt mean esf should ...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think ESF wont die there are a lot of peuple who like this mod that much never to give up on it (me included). I say there will be more peuple joining after 1.3 and even for later versions so unless the team gives up this mod will stay active till its final release and maby even later on. Still HL2 is nothing special from what ive seen the realism factor is great but it just dosent have the cuting edge of ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are there any HL2 mods out yet? no....have people come up with actual interesting mod ideas for HL2 yet? No....Is HL2 JUST LIKE DOOM 3? In terms of lastabilty hell yeah, the game is completed and then thats it....How long will it be before decent mods worth playing are released for HL2? Lets just say its in the distant future....nuff said, ESF will go on for quite some time even after 1.3, so dont doubt ESF.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll probably die after 1.3. Hell, I'd be surprised if they finish 1.3.

Best answers
Oh ye of little faith ...
I still say ESF will carry on past 1.3 , if not ZEQII will have to supplement my need for DBZ games online...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft, have a bit of faith. We're already working hard on 1.3 (check out the news posts recently?), and will continue working as long as the team wants to. ESF will last quite a while thanks to the team and the community to back them up.

And it'll be a good while before the better mods for HL2 come out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think ESF has a long way to go before it runs out of gas. I'll be damned if I ever stop playing it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With that said, say goodbye to esf after 1.3.

Best answers
Grega said:
I think ESF wont die there are a lot of peuple who like this mod that much never to give up on it (me included). I say there will be more peuple joining after 1.3 and even for later versions so unless the team gives up this mod will stay active till its final release and maby even later on. Still HL2 is nothing special from what ive seen the realism factor is great but it just dosent have the cuting edge of ESF.
yea I agree, Half-Life 2 is not quite ESF, it doesn't have the feel to it like ESF does that makes you want to play more...ESF is likly to remain aslong as it still has fans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I imagine v1.3 will be the last beta, and then out of beta and into a nice, real release, but so far i've only seen a couple of DBZ mods for HL2, one looks bad and the other is only just taking form, so the ESF team can keep ESF on the HL engine and still have a better game for a good few more months yet.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll take a year before any good half-life 2 mods come out. Hell, probably longer for dbz mods since its much harder to create a dbz mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there's a lot you can do without the HL2 SDK, models, sounds, map design, but considering how long it took the ESF team to get this far, i'd say a year is about right. As long as the ESF team keep us interested until then ;)

Best answers
even if ppl quit after 1.3 i will never stop playing it :D even if i have to play bots... look at other games that have "died" they still have atleast 100 ppl playing it on weekends

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah ESF is Timeless,
i quess we all gonna meet in 30 years when we all are able to go inside PCs, and then we play a round of ESF 2.0 where its like Virtual Reality ^-^.

Seriously i think ESF is going for 1-4 (>_>) years, then i think the New Generation is going over to HL2 or so, cause they dont know HL1 and ESF then. and its because we ALL get older and move on with our lives, so will the ESF team :scared:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF die?

Go away.

I'm starting to wonder if some of you people think that just because the Source engine is available (mind you, the SDK isn't even out yet) that quality mods are just going to start falling from the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom