The future of esf

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm pretty sure ESF will die after 1.3.
But who knows, it may live on.Even when it dies, it may come back to haunt us in the later future :eek:.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i chose 'other reasons'

on the HL radio when the ESF team was featured, they stated they had planned enough work to reach at least ESF 1.6 so it tells you there really

Edit: though i'm pretty sure the release of HL 2 didnt help much lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.6? Damn what else could added after 1.4.

Best answers
Pain said:
Unless FUNimation storms in here and haults production, I don't think ESF will die. There will always be DBZ fans wanting to play their favorite characters and etc.
That happened to a dbz game called Bid For Power, which was the same as ESF. FUNimation stopped them before they released a copy to the public. It will most likely happen here too, but at least I will be able to play it on LAN.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With as many as they're are, making add-ons for the game, without any direct affiliation to the ESF Team, it doesn't make sense for the mod to not have a future, if the ESF Team decides to move on.

Also, think about it this way. They might have planned up to 1.6, and by 1.5 they will have planned 1.7+

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People are always going to play ESF as long as it's in development. Think of DragonBall Z and think of the many kinds that watch it and wanna play ESF. Everyone has their moments of ESF, there's people coming and going all the time, it's stupid to even think this mod is dying or is going to die. I mean c'mon, they haven't even implemented SSJ2 or SSJ3.

There's still much more to come.

Best answers
i dont play esf anymore! i stopped after 1.2 :p but i hope 1.3 will be alot better!

but imho i dont think so :p

Best answers
Id say il play this game with version 1.2.1 for 5 more years.... And Becous in that time esf will come out... it will be like 9 years..... >_>

So basicly if the teem dosent quit updating it in at least 5 years... Il be here....^^

So i really hope the teem dosent 1 day deside... They stop upgrating this grate mod...

Right now its the gratest dbz mod evar.... And Will be for a looooong time.... Even tho zeq2 is good and all i still think it will be 2 best... And all other to...

LONG LIVE ESF!!!!!

LONG LIVE ESF TEEM!!!! I SALUTE YOU!!!!!^^

Best answers
esf won't die or really need to go to hl2 it already pushes the hl engine to its limits

i think after 1.3 esf will go two ways
1) create itself a nice brand spanking new engine designed purposefully for esf
or
2) just push hl even further beyond!

Best answers
Yeah, ESF may not die but you guys have to remember that the ESF team is so skilled at mod-making that they could get a REAL paying job at any game company they want.
I would say that they will move on by 1.3 is finished. 1.4 tops.

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
You can't destroy what ESF really is , even if you manage to kill this mod a mod even stronger would surface and take its place!
<_< >_>...
Tv Special - "History of Trunks". I knew I heard that before. :rolleyes: :)
Even IF the team would have to give up this mod, I doubt there won't be other people on these forums who would be more than happy to continue the work.
Dream Killer, think of it this way: you want to make a good DBZ game and you want it to be exactly like the show. What do you see in the show? LOTS of hand-to-hand fighting, not just beams and "simple kicks" (simple melee). So what is the most logical thing to do if you want to make that DBZ game like the show? Implement that hand-to-hand fighting system. Of course, for all those "simple kicks" fans, you would also keep the old fighting system(simple melee) :)

Best answers
you play what you get and just adapt. yea 1.1 was fun but it is in the past...when 1.3 comes out...1.2.1 is obsolete. The only reason i play the old alpha occasionally is just because of how it was made and how funny it was to play...plus no melee...well real melee

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei i bet there will be people playing this for a long while but you can say the same about age of empires...ppl still play, just....No one cares

exactly i know the #1 team player in AOE hes trying to teach me how to do it reall good

ok back to the topic at hand ESf is the best DBZ game out their advanced melee adds a new stratigy to think you can just keep basic meleeing but after a while a pattern arises but with advanced melee you can keep changing it up and confusing a person and if 12 arrows comes on ur screen dodge them the best you can so you don't get the 12-36 dmg is it really that hard to push the buttons? well the 4 way random ones those are the only hard ones

Best answers
The Esf Will LIVE ON Because there is no way that the best mods can die..

fo more this really is the best half life Mods out

Best answers
on the subject of FUnimation if they did stop us they would destroy a dbz advertisement

cause massive outrage in gamers, and dbz fans a like

because there are no real dbz games for the PC only mods, if you kill PC dbz mods off then you must replace them with an actual game

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Changes.... such as the current model skins?
Updating them will help improve the look of ESF. Though that isnt what I was thinking when I said "Though I do think there are a few changes that need to be made in ESF to make the mod something special once again". I have other plans, you'll see as time goes on ^_^;.

Best answers
ESF will never die!! I hope, the community will live on the still produce models and great things for it and even add-ons to ESF!! I think that 1.4 could probably have fully revamped sprites, maps, textures, even more attacks, new characters, single player, blowing up maps and there is heaps more ideas you can think of! Don't just think that transformations are at the end of he line because there are great suggestions put into the suggestions forums and you never know when your idea is going to appear in game :D

Best answers
Personally, I don't like this mod anymore, I played a little bit of 1.2 after it got released, and I thought it was crap. I think it will die. The mod took a turn for the worse, you fan boys. The advanced melee ruined it, took away the fun, because now I had to worry about punching arrow keys to block attacks like a lame ass DDR reject. Totally not what I expected it to be like, so I stopped playing. I don't even like DBZ like I used to, since Funimation dubbed the hell out of it. Naruto is higher quality anime, but that's besides the point.

The point is, this mod will probably die some time. Ever heard of a mod called Desert Crisis? It was one of the best mods out there, but the mod died. The developers released one last version of the mod, then stopped developing, and now not even the website is left. There are servers up there that are empty. Tis really a shame that such a good mod had to go to waste. That might happen with this mod, or it actually might not. I really dunno actually.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The advanced melee system does require a personal preference in arrow sequence. Which is something PcJoe himself has stated was a placeholder for now. So, don't be surprised if that area is completely revamped. All I know is, I have never seen anyone do what PcJoe and harSens has done with an engine. I feel foolish to not keep my eye on their craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom