The 7,497th Annual ESF Tournament

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You cant really block them though, since they use built in HL commands.

Though we will probably eliminate all known scripts with the new workings of the systems in the Final.
THANK YOU!!!! I don't know how to use scripts but people in 1.2 use em. You can just tell. It's evil!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
You can tell they use scripts how?

Either this should be the last tournament or Sailent shouldn't be allowed to participate in the future ones.

Or the scripts should be forbidden. To avoid scripts, participants should make a demo of their matches, and at the end of every one of them, they should open the console and write "alias" to get all aliases (scripts) currently loaded (they can't be unloaded without restarting the game). If the output is not empty, the participant should be disqualified.
HleV Y SO SERIUZ

Last edited:
2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Either this should be the last tournament or Sailent shouldn't be allowed to participate in the future ones.

Or the scripts should be forbidden. To avoid scripts, participants should make a demo of their matches, and at the end of every one of them, they should open the console and write "alias" to get all aliases (scripts) currently loaded (they can't be unloaded without restarting the game). If the output is not empty, the participant should be disqualified.
Sailent doesn't script, clearly what I said was a joke. If he wants he can beat everyone on this list with ww swoop only, so yeah, there you go :cool:

Best answers
Sailent doesn't script, clearly what I said was a joke. If he wants he can beat everyone on this list with ww swoop only, so yeah, there you go :cool:
Challenge accepted. Do tell him ww swoops only, it will be easier on noobs like me. While you're at it, please have him handicapped at 200 ping too, that way we will actually have a chance!

Best answers
the one of hope (spriggan) vs Phrack
round one: 10 v 1
round two: 10 v 1

I could not get game shots bc an admin reset the map immediately after each match. Phrack and Revan can verify the scores.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
the one of hope (spriggan) vs Phrack
round one: 10 v 1
round two: 10 v 1

I could not get game shots bc an admin reset the map immediately after each match. Phrack and Revan can verify the scores.
True he wins

now what... Burning [The fish] leaving 14th February he should pass in the next round
anyway is ur choice Deathshot

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scripts aren't allowed in tournaments.
So, what about forcing the players to make a screenshot of their "alias" command output at the end of the match, and then show it to you/here? (Though it can be faked, I'd prefer a demo.)

You cant really block them though, since they use built in HL commands.
But I just told how to find out if the player uses scripts or not. Blocking them doesn't matter.

Sailent does script, hence why he admitted that himself once I told him to send me a screenshot of his console output after using the "alias" command. Though he was like "no, I don't script, learn to tell who does and who doesn't" until I mentioned that "alias" thingy.
I'm not sure if you're just defending him for some reason or just silly enough to not realize that he scripts, but, well, here you go.

While I agree that he's likely skilled enough to beat the crap out of everyone even without scripts, him trying to play without scripts would probably be like me trying to duel after years of not playing.

Last edited:
The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm waiting for opponent to PM me to set up the date and time.
We've got time til saturday.
(Yes. I'm leaving later than i thought)

EDIT:
I was told that I were going to fight EU players only.

The one of hope has to spend alot of time on his job, so we couldn't find time to fight :(

So, please, DQ me.
Good luck on the tournament, guys :)

P.S. i were going to lose anyway (especially with ping)

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do hate scripting, in my mind it's no different than cheating. I don't see the harm in doing the alias thing.

--- edit ---

I really do hate scripting, in my mind it's no different than cheating. I don't see the harm in doing the alias thing.

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Renewizard didin't awnsered me yet and i think he wont!Please DQ him,I dont want to wait 5 more weeks >.< thx.:(
(i know my english is for an ass)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just don't use scripts or you'll be disqualified. Simple enough.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So, what about forcing the players to make a screenshot of their "alias" command output at the end of the match, and then show it to you/here? (Though it can be faked, I'd prefer a demo.)
Deathshot, you should probably add that to your list of rules if you want to enforce no scripting. The demo that is, SS's can be faked.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well so far two people have been DQ'd and maybe a 3rd today. These are due to not responding within the time limit.

I am pretty sure Sailent doesn't script. I have played a game with him and he was way too good to be scripting.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then no one will mind if the players take a picture of their alias command output.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That's easily faked. People can fake it even through MS Paint. If you don't want the hassle of having to watch every demo, then just make it so the top 4 or even just the finals are required to do it.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why we wouldn't want to record a demo and take a screenshot. It literally is two button presses for a screenshot, and opening up console and typing two words for the demo.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Both fights should have been in that Amsterdam server.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's easily faked. People can fake it even through MS Paint. If you don't want the hassle of having to watch every demo, then just make it so the top 4 or even just the finals are required to do it.
No one can get by me using mspaint. I am that program's God.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then I'm PowerPoint's god.
Remember myself creating dbz game in it. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom