Temporary freeze when connecting to server

Best answers
When I connect to a serer, there's this time showing me 120 seconds left. It goes to 110 or something, then stops. After 100 seconds it says in the console "connection accepted", but where the timer is it says "server timed out". But, when I try it the next time I connect to the sever and can play, so everytime I want to play I have to join somewhere first, waiting for the timeout and then without quiting HL (I got CS retail) joining the game I want to connect to. As I use All Seeing Eye for NS and other mods and it works I'd like to use it for ESF, too, but because of this bug it is impossible. When I host a game it takes quite a long time, too, but I don't timeout. I activated "developer 1" and the last thing before the tempfreeze standing in the console is " Spooling Demo Header" Is there a fix for my problem? ( I have Win98SE, CS retail 1.5, the newest ESF beta and some custom models installed, playind in default OpenGL cause D3D suxx on my Geforce2MX. I got newest drivers for everething on my system)

Best answers
Didn't work. Still tempfreezing after "Spooling Demo Header". It has to be ESF specific, because DoD and NS run fine.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i think that the CS retail is giving more problems then normal half-life. tryed even reinstalling?

Best answers
Yes even reinstalling isn't working. And I don't own HL, only CS retail...

Best answers
Tried it with HL. Same problem. Spooling Demo Header.... Can I switch this (whatever it is) off somewhere in the cfgs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom