swoop problems..grrr, ad a misc question

Best answers
I don't know if anyone has experienced this problem, and this gets very annoying, but sometimes my swoop just won't start regardless of what direction I press. (up, down, left, right, forward, back)
It's not just one time, it just stps working for an extended period of time. (like 3-5 seconds). During that time I am getting the crap beaten out of me.
Is there a way to fix this? Or does everyone experience this problem all the time.....

I am playing on stable version.

btw, i know this is wrong section to ask, but what is the difference between the stable version and the unstable? Is unstable cooler?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stable = 1.2.3 and to swoop you need to doubletap the direction not just press it.

Ofcourse you allso have to look out for ping as that may cause problems.

As for unstable = open beta thats the 1.3 version thats still in development. Bots arnt working and people dont play it cause it has to many bugs. I mean thats the point of a public testbuild to have the comunity help in searching for bugs but they just decide to play it for the new content and stop playing it cause of the bugs >.>

So you wont find any servers for it.

Best answers
I do double tap. I'm not stupid D=
it just will stop working, and it annoys me cause when it happens I get owned.
other people are charging me, and I can still shoot beams and teleport, but it just won't swoop.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using STEAM, using OpenGL, does it happen on any server or jsut a specific one?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about the other 2 questions i asked

Are you using STEAM and are you using OpenGL?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had that same problem to sometimes but it allwase doset swoop after you power up , that's why pros with swoop config have a beter way to defeat you

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stable = 1.2.3 and to swoop you need to doubletap the direction not just press it.

Ofcourse you allso have to look out for ping as that may cause problems.

As for unstable = open beta thats the 1.3 version thats still in development. Bots arnt working and people dont play it cause it has to many bugs. I mean thats the point of a public testbuild to have the comunity help in searching for bugs but they just decide to play it for the new content and stop playing it cause of the bugs >.>

So you wont find any servers for it.
Not every esf player actually have problems with new bugs, since they can and will be fixed, but I can tell that at least in my region (South America) people don't play ESF 1.3 because of the major difference of gameplay between 1.2.3 and 1.3, highlighting the unbeliveable speed that makes us feel like SSJ since the very basic character, the amount of life that is somewhat huge, and the main swoop chain without having to doubletap, all of this was improved from 1.2.3 but some of them became what we don't like (at least old players don't like running around trying to melee hit other players at 300 speed, they like base speed, and to take 500 in lots of hits, also singletapping made it too easy to change directions in swoopchains)
In my opinion it came to be a new User-friendly interface, yes, for new players, but doesn't charm at all old players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom