Suggestion on Lowering Power Lvl

Best answers
well when you think about it, its not cool to not be able to hide your real power lvl. like trunks in the andriod saga, his pl was 5. if the esf team uses this idea, then id think there has to be a downside and a good side to all of this.

Good Side:
.Cannot be seen on Scouter
.Keeps ppl from knowing your true power lvl (makes em wonder if your stronger or not:))

Bad Side:
.Ki drains increadibly faster when flying
.powering to full ki (not pl) takes longer
.technuiqes use most if not all of your ki (even a few ki blasts would make your pl to drop to 1/4 or something)

Good Idea, please no flaming

Plus i have another idea (hehehe just popped into my head while typing this)

You should be able to transfrom in power struggles, cause you could be losing and then transform and kick his butt

Transformation during ps will only occur if
.you have enough ki left
.if you do not require animation or sound when you tranform

Transformation during ps will NOT occur if
.you do not have enough ki left
.if you require animations or sound to transform
.if the technuiqe cannot be used by both forms (i.e if goku was using his spirit bomb in a ps (dunno if you can but just an example) he could not transform because ss goku does not have the spirit bomb technuiqe listed in his avalible technuiqes)

Now thats alot of information to interperut into your head.
again, please no flaming!!
p.s. these ideas are mostly for esf 1.2, not 1.1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your bad sides to this idea are a little Harsh, and seeing as how its not really "all that".
I dont think something like this can be "whored". In fact it'd be kinda fun, not for the
fact that your hiding your power level, but to make it so that you can compete against
Stronger enemies when you've just entered the server.

You can also use Explosions to run away from battles when your weak, with certain
characters it'd be kinda hard to see you teleport to a diffrent location when your behind
that white blast sprite.

Best answers
sorry i didnt get most of that and which one is the harsh bad side, the power lvl one or the ps one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sunlit56 said:
sorry i didnt get most of that and which one is the harsh bad side, the power lvl one or the ps one?
Basically all three of these:
.Ki drains increadibly faster when flying
.powering to full ki (not pl) takes longer
.technuiqes use most if not all of your ki (even a few ki blasts would make your pl to drop to 1/4 or something)

The fact you suffer from Ki loss at a normal state, And you want it take longer
to power up? And doing say, a Kamehameha at a normal state already takes
up all your Ki at full power.

Best answers
well there had to be a drawback on this, wouldnt there?. i mean it would take the oppenent ages to find you if you managed to escape from there, so if you started chargin a kamehame wave you wouldnt be able to complete it cause your pl would drain at a rapid rate. it cant be all easy and no hard can it. that main reason of this was so you could get away from the oppenent without them finding you as fast as they usually do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really, because you would have to be smart as of to when you hide your Power Level.
For example, lets say you do escape (Its rare in ESF). Your enemy could quickly pull up the Radar and see where you went before you lowered your power level. There'd have to be timing involved. Besides, if you were to hide some where in say, the city. Im pretty sure it wouldn't take that long to find someone. He'd obviously have to be nearby.

Best answers
well fine how bout this

your true power lvl stays the same but to them your power lvl is only five. so you can block beams really easy if your a huge power lvl. another good one is, it can save your energy (as in make it drain slower) but the only technuiqe you can use is ki blast and generik beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sunlit56 said:
well fine how bout this

your true power lvl stays the same but to them your power lvl is only five. so you can block beams really easy if your a huge power lvl. another good one is, it can save your energy (as in make it drain slower) but the only technuiqe you can use is ki blast and generik beam.
Well I agree with the last two. But the one where your at a high power level
but to them your at a low power level, that'd kinda be a problem, it'd be more
balanced if you were to just lower your PL manually and then increase it any
time you want manually. Either way theres a "Suprise" factor going on in there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no pl in esf means u die from everything and anything with almost no effort

where is the advantage from being killed by 1 punch or 1 little blast??

not like ur gonna be gaining pl or anything because u cant attack

so i say no esf is too fast paced for this atm

Best answers
i would probally agree with oyu if you added some examples and why these would make it bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sunlit56 said:
i would probally agree with oyu if you added some examples and why these would make it bad
He just told you the person would die from one hit instead of the usual 4-5. I think that makes it bad. And furthermore he added that ESF is too fast paced, by the time you bring your powerlevel back up you get smacked in the face.

Best answers
well do you have another idea to make it better? or should i scrap it like all my other suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that it is a bad idea, but it just doesn't fit this style of game. It's too quick to be usable. And don't think because one suggestion didn't work out that others will follow the same fate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the esf forum ... please be sure that you use the SEARCH BUTTON before you make a new thread ... there're thousands who suggested this before

Hide PL:
- in ESF you fight at full power ... no hiding
- we would need additional 2 buttons
PL hidden:
- you couldn't fly
- no turbo
- no charging attack
- if you could attack, your attack would cause less then 1 HP damage => you couldn't hurt others
- if you were attacked, it would be an instakill - as Hibiki said

- noone would hide his PL with these rules ... so it's pointless

PS:
it's possible since B1 to transform during a PS

Best answers
well ive had 10 suggestions and they all have been turned down, first one says its good then lots say its bad. how is one more idea gonna make a difference. and btw wat is b1? o now i get it. do you need to be able to transform without animations or sound or can you transform while using animation or sound during ps?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
B1 = ESF version Beta1

you can transform while struggling ... just press the ascend button ... but

- it burns KI (as normal) ... if you don't have this KI, you're not able
- it has to be in a PS (doesn't work if you shoot the beam without struggling)
- you must have the ability to transform (state untransformed and enough PL)
- it takes as long as it would take ordinary
- you will see the same FX (not sure about this) but no model animation
- you also can descend while PSing

I hope I didn't forget something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom