Suggestion for explodiing beams prematurely.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Well it has sparked a light on some decent conversation ground so.. Resurrection is validated I think, at least in this case.
Thank you! That's exactly why I did it...

I told you that you shouldn't be posting here because this is a 3 year old thread, not because of your suggestion. And I did so because you had just an hour prior to this thread, revived another 3 year old thread. And I also told you that this has been suggested multiple times to pretty negative responses in the past. Not to mention you just today created a slam thread regarding the game and the team. Suggest whatever you want, talk about this dream of yours but not only is against the rules to revive threads, it's worse to revive them with a *bump*.

Hence, my first post about the banning fast track. I still don't like the idea, tbh, but it really doesn't matter that much. I'm just annoyed that this particular resurrection went unnoticed after the recent annoying posts by you.
Get your head out of your arse! If I get banned, that's MY business. We're here to discuss THIS topic CURRENTLY and what people think about it, and are not concerned with some "poll" you took literally 5-7 YEARS Ago!! Seriously, this isn't a court of law in which legally we can not try the same case twice. So far, majority here actually seems to agree with mitigation, so you might need to refresh your idea of what you think people want. Personally, I think that YOU don't want it to change because YOU probably spam the generic beam detonations. But I'm trying to stick up for those people who would like a good, balanced DBZ game that doesn't require that a person exploit cheap mechanics just to remain competitive. Furthermore, I did not "bash" the team... that's how you took it, but that wasn't what was intended. I was simply bringing a realization to the table... I was being realistic about the situation... Now, please, try to stay on topic? I think that's probably in the forum rules somewhere :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea guys stay on topic in this three year old necro thread geez

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Yea guys stay on topic in this three year old necro thread geez
Look guys, for the past 2 years I've been on a search to find the 7 dragon balls so that I could wish this thread back to life.. Yep, that's what I used my wish on. So, don't judge it was a lot of hard work and i almost died by a giant talking dog with a shotgun. He was wearing a police uniform.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the thing, regardless of what I think, I can guarantee you that you are the only one that believes the gen beam is cheap. If you want to see cheap, meet me in-game. I'll cheap the shit out of you. This entire thread is about -you- wanting to change a mechanic that you suck at dealing with, and it has nothing to do with balance.

And the only reason I continue to post after the discussion with Zeo is because your ridiculousness manages to be mildly amusing. I'll gladly admit that the block idea that ended up coming out of this thread was pretty decent, though yours was lacking. But that still doesn't change the fact that you're whining about the GEN BEAM. Like, seriously? The gen beam? I hope you weren't out to prove that you're actually good at this game, because you are making an incredibly bad case against it.

Seriously, I will gladly show you what cheap is in this game if you wanna schedule a time after 7:30 on any day. Just private message me whenever you feel like it. Preferably a day in advance.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The 333 crew is dead. Shoo.

Gen Beams are fine as is. I never had a problem with em. Blocking a Physical Attack with a Physical Block. Block an Energy Attack with another Energy Attack.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it has sparked a light on some decent conversation ground so.. Resurrection is validated I think, at least in this case.
No, bluesayan necroposted and thus must be banned and his posts ignored!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
No, bluesayan necroposted and thus must be banned and his posts ignored!
Say I have a 10yo box of Legos, and I try to build something with em again, does that mean I should be banned from Legos? OR LIFE!!!?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No, because there aren't rules against building with 10 year old Legos. There are, however, rules against necroposting.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarcasm detectors not found?

And as long as you use legos to build something awesome, you shall not be banned from life, I guess.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Lol this topic is getting way out of hand.

I understand that if you had a high powerlevel on an esf 1.2.3 server all it took was to shoot a kamehameha as ssj goku whilst teleporting around the whole map to destroy everyone on the opposing team. Yes...the game does become unfair for everyone when someone does that but to be fair though we have all done it, the whole point of esf 1.2.3 was to aim to get ssj and see who could spam the map and get people raging first :)

Beam jumping is probably worse that exploding your own beam because you get alot of distance before you let go of the mouse button and BOOM! 5 frags.

Im sure the final release has deminished these cheap tactics.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Lol this topic is getting way out of hand.

I understand that if you had a high powerlevel on an esf 1.2.3 server all it took was to shoot a kamehameha as ssj goku whilst teleporting around the whole map to destroy everyone on the opposing team. Yes...the game does become unfair for everyone when someone does that but to be fair though we have all done it, the whole point of esf 1.2.3 was to aim to get ssj and see who could spam the map and get people raging first :)

Beam jumping is probably worse that exploding your own beam because you get alot of distance before you let go of the mouse button and BOOM! 5 frags.

Im sure the final release has deminished these cheap tactics.
Yup.. *nods* Uhuh.. Thats right!

But no matter what they do there will be exploits in Final. Probably quite a few of them too. This is one of the problems with having such a small party available to playtest the game, the extent of what they collectively can theorize being done is limited between all those involved. I personally look down on ANYONE who relies on a single tactic in a game that gives you so many options. For instance if you only use KI, or only Melee to get repeated kills.

Maybe in most's eyes it's not cheep, but it makes the game boreing and incredibly repetitive, offering a change of pace saves this. But as the problem even stands with 1.2.3. once everyone finds out the "BEST" or easiest/effective way to own everyone else then they tend to not bother trying any other tactic. All you can do as a sub-par player is either suck it up and try to find a way to counter it, take your deaths tenaciously, or GTFO.

In my experience it's better to persevere through the beatings and develop the reflexes and technique to best them. Call it growing pains or whatever, but solve the problem yourself, don't ask someone else to get rid of it for you, cause your only making yourself weaker.

Best answers
I'm curious to know how the team feels about beams being detonated in mid-air, I made a post last year regarding this whether it's in game or not since there's virtually no footage of such a thing, sir hlev was the only one who responded. I can't imagine something like a kamehameha or final flash exploding in mid-air especially with the explosion size. The only "generic beam" footage is from the final melee guide video that came out in 2010 which was performed by Vegeta.

Immediately it seems like there are people who are for generic beam mid-air explosions and some who are not, for whatever reasons. Being consistent with the manga I don't recall generic beams being detonated in mid-air however things like this can be implemented or omitted based on what the team wants.

I'm thinking these two things:
-mid-air detonations are removed, now what? If right click was used to detonate the beam then maybe you can have the beam "dissipate", or dematerialize in mid-air. The problem is that getting DIRECT attacks with this would be so much more difficult and even then it can be deflected with block. Increase beam size? Without really brainstorming I don't think this is a good option.

-mid-air detonations remain in game, now what? Have right click detonate, but then I feel like this raises alot of questions. Explosion size? Will damage be something like all or nothing or a radius vs damage type of thing? As mentioned before will it still damage you if you're blocking near it? etc. etc.

I am for mid-air detonations, however I am not for mid-air detonation spam or beam-jumping spam; Maybe add some sort of penalty for generic ball/beam spam? High Ki cost? Hi stamina cost? maybe an intermediate between both?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Detonations stay in. With the increased speed and map size itll be harder to get a direct hit in anyhow, unless you are standing there twiddling your thumbs.

That said beam jumps have no splash damage anymore. So they cant be cheaply abused, and you can only beam jump with generic beams. Also the turbo beamjump bug is also fixed.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Detonations stay in. With the increased speed and map size itll be harder to get a direct hit in anyhow, unless you are standing there twiddling your thumbs.

That said beam jumps have no splash damage anymore. So they cant be cheaply abused, and you can only beam jump with generic beams. Also the turbo beamjump bug is also fixed.
Okay then i guess we'll just have to see it in action. ^_^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers

Oh yeah! Though if beam jumping isn't too much faster maybe you can still intercept someone doing it. It was always so satisfying to get ahead of the jumper, and knock'em right in the ass!

Personally I think allot of people would like to see a video of just the basic mechanics. I understand it's going to be similar to 1.2.3. but with an overhaul. Really the reason most people want a Phase 2 or the current build is so they can get a feel for it. That april fools video was on the right track showing just raw footage, but it was too much goofing off, and not really doing anything. Thus far the play-test a few years back was the most appealing. But the goku vs frieza was just bad ass! >,,< I love rapid fire with fingers!

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah! Though if beam jumping isn't too much faster maybe you can still intercept someone doing it. It was always so satisfying to get ahead of the jumper, and knock'em right in the ass!

Personally I think allot of people would like to see a video of just the basic mechanics. I understand it's going to be similar to 1.2.3. but with an overhaul. Really the reason most people want a Phase 2 or the current build is so they can get a feel for it. That april fools video was on the right track showing just raw footage, but it was too much goofing off, and not really doing anything. Thus far the play-test a few years back was the most appealing. But the goku vs frieza was just bad ass! >,,< I love rapid fire with fingers!
Goku VS Frieza was totally staged though.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Goku VS Frieza was totally staged though.
I could tell. I've spent the past two weeks picking the video apart and trying to make a music vid out of it. Allot of stuff just doesn't sync up as it progresses. But still it was awesome. And frieza would have won a real fight lol!

Badassologist Ph/D
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
After all, getting hit directly does more damage than the splash, so the beam user will WANT to hit you for more damage.
Exactly.

The first thing that comes to mind is that if you are getting nailed with splash damage you are just worse than the other player and are going to lose the fight anyways.

Also, like Grega said, just having the beam head disconnect and the trail dissipate would be better in my opinion. You would have more control over how yours beams work.

For example, I like to play Cell because with the special beam cannon, I can shoot a powerful beam fire-and-forget style. On the other hand If I want to be able to control my beam's direction I can use the Kamehameha Wave. When using the KHH though, I cant help but try to get my enemies with the splash damage by exploding the thing in mid air.

This type of attack is very cheap and while yes, a skilled player is able to avoid it anyways, its still really annoying to be on the other end when a player is using this type of attack. Having the head just disconnect would eliminate the douche-bagery while also allowing for both fire-and-forget and laser-guided type of ranged attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom