Strange Lag, with dsl 6000 *help*

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i?ve reinstalled my computer to XP and instaled all my programms back, though i decided to put Esf back into my gamer corner.

It was fun in the first time, though i?ve played agaisnt bots. then after i?ve tried to play online, my ping always bounced: 20-5231-500-2123-300... and so on

I?ve tried to figure out, i scanned my computer on spyware,adware and so on, clean (sure i?ve just reinstaleld my computer)

I?ve edited settings on Steam and in esf => No Ping bouncing when im looking at "View server Info"

though still, ingame my PIng is bouncing dramatcly

anybody out there who knows what to do?

thanks in advance.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a wireless router? Sometimes they mess people (i.e me) about, I just reset it.

If not I don't know, maybe try another server? (Just to make sure)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any programs that you think could be sending packets anywhere else while you run esf? (other then steam or esf itself?). Have you tried updating the firmware of your router?. Have you consulted the isp about your problems and got a response from them?.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well changing server doesnt help me :-\

yeh i use a router, but its not the first time, i played with it befor, and i always had good ping and all

i tried to restart it, thats not the reason, i dont have any firewall aswell, packages are not downloading aswell.... itis just all confusing guys...

*yeh it was me above*

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question: Are you the onlyone in teh network at that time. Or is someone else using up the network speed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i?v tried both, still, I?m using the internet with 3 other computers, but its not the fact in my opinion

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who's your ISP? Who supplies the line (Sprint, Brighthouse, etectera)?

One thing you can do is remove the reserved bandwith:

Start > Run > Type in "gpedit.msc" without the quotes > Hit ok > Under "Computer Configuration" expand "Administrative Templates" > Expand "Network" > Click on "QoS Packet Sheduler" > Click on "Limit reservable bandwith" > Make sure it is enabled and that the "Bandwith limit (%)" is set to zero instead of 20%

This should speed up your connection a bit.

Another thing you can do is while you're at your desktop: Start > Run > Type in "cmd" without the quotes > Hit ok > Type "ping yahoo.com" and wait for it to return with four results.

What you can do with the results is post them up here and we can see if it is a problem with your internet or ESF.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i?v tried both, still, I?m using the internet with 3 other computers, but its not the fact in my opinion
And you're sure those other computers aren't doing anything? If they are downloading or uploading, it effects your ping greatly :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Who's your ISP? Who supplies the line (Sprint, Brighthouse, etectera)?

One thing you can do is remove the reserved bandwith:

Start > Run > Type in "gpedit.msc" without the quotes > Hit ok > Under "Computer Configuration" expand "Administrative Templates" > Expand "Network" > Click on "QoS Packet Sheduler" > Click on "Limit reservable bandwith" > Make sure it is enabled and that the "Bandwith limit (%)" is set to zero instead of 20%

This should speed up your connection a bit.

Another thing you can do is while you're at your desktop: Start > Run > Type in "cmd" without the quotes > Hit ok > Type "ping yahoo.com" and wait for it to return with four results.

What you can do with the results is post them up here and we can see if it is a problem with your internet or ESF.
thanks , i have a ping of 110ms when i get a connection to yahoo

to esforces.com i get a 155ms ping

and to esf-world a 25ms ping

I joined once a normal server withouth any person, it laged muc hat the start, later it got normal, but still a high ping with 70ms

then i joined the esforces server, ping bounced again

then i was on a esf-world server , and i had a ping of 1402, and it bounced again.

i truelly dunno who my ISP is >_< cuz i dunno what it is.

And you're sure those other computers aren't doing anything? If they are downloading or uploading, it effects your ping greatly :p
i know that, but still, i even tried it withouth them, just shut them down, remove the connection to them, so only my computer had a connection.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... I'm thinking of other things that could be causing your problems:

Windows Firewall.
Geographical location of the server you are playing on.
Your ISP.
A program/service running in the background.
The recent Steam update.

I'm sorry if I'm not much help, I just can't figure it out. I'll see if I can find anything that can help speed up your connection or possibilities of your connection problems.

By the way, are you only having connection problems while just playing ESF or is it occuring in other games?

One thing you can do, which I have no idea if it will help:

Valve found the cause for decrease in performance with their games, the cache files became fragmented which took up space and slowed games down, so they added a defragmentation to each of their games.

Open up Steam > Right click on Half-Life > Properties > Click on the "Local Files" tab > Click on "Defragment cache files" > Wait until it's done (usually doesn't take long) and try playing ESF and see if it improves anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm thanks a bunch MC, i followed all your tips and else, my ping ms got fixed over 50%

but it still lags sometimes, but only when im moving and stuff, i gues i will have to edit the configurations abit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom