Stopping howing and beam spamming

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To discourage people from abusing either the melee (particularly the auto-punch then throw combo) or constantly firing huge beams at the ground to destroy enemies, I propose a system be added that logs the type of attacks used by a player, and the time between these attacks.

If a certain limit is passed on the attack (Kamehameha, Gallit Gun, etc), or attack type (Beam or autopunch/throw), then a penalty will begin for each usage of the attack after the limit has been exceeded.
It might be best that this limit be defined by the server.

The penalty for exceeding the limit is that a lower amount of powerlevel is awarded for any damage that the attack inflicts, and the amount of powerlevel gained decreases for additional infractions on the limit. Not only this, but the attack damage decreases along with the power level decrease.
The limit will be reset after the player has used other attacks a few times.

On the opposite end of this is the reward system in place for people who change up their attacks and use a fair combination of beams, melee, and throws. Their attacks strength stays at a constant strength and for each successful kill they are awarded a slightly higher amount of power level.

This system most definitely needs tweaking, especially in the case of buu, who only has one highly effective attack at present.

Any additions, changes, revisions, or comments?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm, can someone say Nazi?

Please refrain from posting culturally sensitive material in the future, thanks.
Cucumba
Forum Administrator

Best answers
the idea is very good, still needs the good old "team touch" but i like it.
as for the ****ing nazies, im jueish so you can guess what i fell about those ****ing nazies. also, that was pure spamming.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. I don't think I need to illustrate that this thread went south fast, deleting inappropriate conduct.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you said, a problem with this idea is that not everyone has an array of attacks to choose from. If you're Frieza what are you going to do? Just not Gen beam or finger laser? There is a restriction set in place for maximum consecutive simple melee hits and HOWing doesn't have any of the old advantages it used to.

Spamming isn't popular but I don't think it should be penalized. The server tends to team up against spammers anyway. If anything I think there should be frag penalties on players who abuse beams because they dispatch enemies so much more quickly than melee.

Best answers
If you whine about HOWing, you obviously aren't skilled enough to reliaze you can just swoop around them.

And HOWing is impossible if one person uses advance melee and the other uses simple.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Culex: I'm not one to complain when someone uses only one tactic or attack, it just makes them easier to deal with. The penalties are to encourage some variety as well.

With swooping having been changed in 1.2 I'm unsure to what effect it can be used yet. I was mostly refering to 1.1 melee being used in 1.2 (exclusively, not combined with advanced melee).
I also, mentioned throwing. A few weeks ago I believe I read a team member saying that throwing could be used over and over and that it gets irritating after a time because of the repetition and inability to counter it after autopunching.

Having a frag penalty for beams is good, and coupled with people ganging up on spammers that would be good. But what about small or 1 vs 1 matches?

Best answers
In 1.2, from what I understand, you can just swoop without being locked on, and make instant changes. So if you were going to smash someone with simple melee, and you double tapped jump, you would go up, then you decided to go back down, by double tapping crouch, you would go down, smashing them down. If you were holding right click, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom