SSJ3 Broly?! WTF?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...it is literary fiction.
hey...Hey...HEY! What are you saying? Are you saying this couldn't have been really what happened 774 Ad Sometime between April 20th - May 6th?!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if I were going to take any work of fiction as a bible, it would probably be DB. Its more believeable, and has slightly less translation errors :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if I were going to take any work of fiction as a bible, it would probably be DB. Its more believeable, and has slightly less translation errors :p

Because we all know Goku and Zero are the same thing. :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're going by a wiki article that doesn't cite any sources nor references.
So your (not necessary yours, but anyone's) opinion is above Dragon Ball Wiki that says that in Daizenshuu it is stated that Gohan was SSJ2?

Gohan was SSJ2 and you seriously make a fuss about it. Like I said, it's normal to argue about unknown things. But not about the ones that are proven.

I'm nothing near to Broly's fanboy (I agree that Broly's power is maximum though), I just love to argue and proove my truth, as you must have noticed already. My favorite character is Vegeta and I feel kinda neutral to anyone else. I tell what I think (and in many cases what I know), not what I want it to be (unlike some of you here).

IMO SSJ3 Vegeta is not a surprise. He must have been able to reach that form himself later in the Dragon Ball world.

BTW Vegeta, get lost. You're not the one to tell people whom to believe and whom to not.
And madman, you suck as always with a couple of words from you that in some way are against me. You don't seem to be a person who actually thinks, you seem to only be able to agree and disagree with others. Sorry if I offended you (I bet I did since you get offended by anything), please take attention to word "seem".

Last edited:
Best answers
OK, Gohan is a SSJ2 in that movie (what is contradictory, because he NEVER master that transformation, and never transformed so fast, he needed time to transform even being angry (and he doesn't appear angry, just serious)), but is the weakest of all SSJ2.
We don't know how much, but Super Perfect Cell was able to down Teen Gohan (a lot more powerful) to half his power with a "weak" ki blast (i say it because it was destined to Vegeta who was KOed, he didn't needed much power in that attack). Broly didn't did that.
But that movie is a bit the Super Perfect Cell recreation (the end is almost the same: in Cell Gohan and Goku (spiritually) defeated Cell because Vegeta distracted him; in Broly, Gohan, Goten and Goku (spiritually, he wasn't there really, like in Cell's case) defeated him because Trunks distracted him.
Is not really original. That movie has lots of mistakes: Gohan SSJ2 wasn't able to beat Broly but Gohan SSJ and Goten SSJ could, Broly SSJ couldn't kill Videl in a punch, and Videl was able to dodge one of his attacks.
In the deppest of my heart I believe Gohan wasn't SSJ2, but... if Toei said... Toei have no idea about DragonBall...

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really REALLY think you are taking fiction WAY too seriously, canon and non-canon.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So your (not necessary yours, but anyone's) opinion is above Dragon Ball Wiki that says that in Daizenshuu it is stated that Gohan was SSJ2?
When and where did I claim that?

I simply stated that the wiki article Deathshot linked didn't cite any sources nor references. In that the article in question may not be a reliable source of information. Even if the article does state that:

6th Daizenshuu confirmed that Gohan was Super Saiyan 2 during the fight with Broly, and that the only reason the bio-electricity was not present is because they forgot to add it in
I have no way of knowing if that's true without sources or references confirming it.

I'm just sayin'...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But that movie is a bit the Super Perfect Cell recreation (the end is almost the same: in Cell Gohan and Goku (spiritually) defeated Cell because Vegeta distracted him; in Broly, Gohan, Goten and Goku (spiritually, he wasn't there really, like in Cell's case) defeated him because Trunks distracted him.
From where the hell can you tell that Goku wasn't there? In Cell Games' case Goku used King Kai to talk to Gohan. In this movie's case it was said something like this: "Did Goku really came to this world or was it an illusion?" so it's unclear. But I believe Goku really added his Kamehameha to what Gohan and Goten already had. Makes sense, doesn't it? Since you already said that it's strange that SSJ1 Gohan and SSJ1 Goten beat Broly while SSJ2 Gohan couldn't. Well, that's obvious that Trunks helped them a lot, but they failed against Broly's attack before Goku's appearance and after he appeared, they have won.
I simply stated that the wiki article Deathshot linked didn't cite any sources nor references.
I perfectly understand what you're saying. The thing is that that Wiki is reliable (in most cases, including this one).

Last edited:
Best answers
I perfectly understand what you're saying. The thing is that that Wiki is reliable (in most cases, including this one).
Not necessarily, they can be edited by anybody and thus we need to look for reliable sources, I remember editing text in the Dragonball Wiki myself..so anybody can get thru...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you honestly think that someone (for no reason) would claim that it is stated in Daizenshuu that Gohan was SSJ2? It's stupid (possible though), LOL.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Vegeta and Broly coming in as SSJ3 forms is really pushing it. The whole purpose behind the Tenkaichi series was to have a diverse amount of characters. A SSJ3 Broly and Vegeta achieves nothing. What they've failed to do with the last three games in the series was getting obscure characters into the game, with legitimate attacks. There are several GT characters, and movie characters that Namco Bandai and Spike have neglected to add to the video game series, and instead of abandoning the generic attacks like, "Super Blast, or "Ultra Blast Ball Volley", they add transformations that look cool visually but actually don't add anything purposeful to the game. It seems unnecessary, like a 10 year old DBZ fan came to the company and suggested it would be cool to make Broly and Vegeta SSJ3 because they would look radical with long hair.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Where is your god now?!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The more times I see Broly in transformations that he never achieved, the more I dislike him and his reputation.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SSJ4 is a non-canon transformation (complete though). SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3, LSSJ, SSJ4 are complete transformations, USSJ and USSJ2 are not.

Yeah, Broly always gets defeated by a strong attack of multiple people at once. But it's clear that he's stronger than trained or untrained adult SSJ2 Gohan (please don't argue about SSJ2, it's confirmed in Wiki plus it makes sense if you think about it).

It's always been a mystic thing about how really Broly got defeated in "Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan". I guess one super strong punch that contains like 5x full power SSJs' power ir enough to knock him down, but not killing him though. (Not Super) Perfect Cell should also have trouble with that kind of punch. Or maybe he wasn't expecting for Goku to really hit him and that's why he failed.

I think that Broly in "Broly: Second Coming" was defeated by SSJ1 Gohan, SSJ1 Goten and SSJ1 Goku's Kamehameha since I highly doubt that Broly could get killed by 2 SSJ1s.

Bio-Broly isn't real Broly, he's just some creature that contains Broly's DNA. Yet he fails.

I never was a real Broly fan, but IMO he really is something. LOL, he can even survive in cosmos, like Frieza. And that unique Legendary transformation...

LSSJ3 Broly must be somewhere between Gohan Buu and Vegetto.
actullay brolly was defeated by SSJ2 Goku With All The Energy From Gohan Piccolo Trunks And Also Vegeta So How would SSJ2 Gohan Not Defeat Brolly if SSJ1 Gohan And SSJ1 Goten Defeated Brolly And In Legendary Super Sayian. 4 SSJ1's Fighted Broly And Coud'nt Defeat him So SSJ2 Would Make a Diffrents! wtf man! ;(

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actullay brolly was defeated by SSJ2 Goku With All The Energy From Gohan Piccolo Trunks And Also Vegeta So How would SSJ2 Gohan Not Defeat Brolly if SSJ1 Gohan And SSJ1 Goten Defeated Brolly And In Legendary Super Sayian. 4 SSJ1's Fighted Broly And Coud'nt Defeat him So SSJ2 Would Make a Diffrents! wtf man! ;(
You must be joking. Noone could have reached SSJ2 at that time (Movie #8), so Goku was SSJ with the power of other Z-fighters.

In Movie #10 Broly has already gained Zenkai (a near-death powerup) from the last time and was a lot stronger than SSJ2 Gohan (who was weaker than the one who fought Cell). Anyway SSJ1 Gohan, SSJ1 Goten and SSJ1 Goku won the power struggle only because of Trunks. Thanks to him Broly couldn't push further his attack for a moment and it resulted in his death.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:fight: So, because Broly powers up to face Gohan transformed (who is leagues stronger than Goten and Trunks), that automatically denotes Gohan a SS2, Deathshot? As MC said, you didn't provide proof to the claim, it only sounded as if you used the idea that Broly was surprised by Gohan's power to credit your false proof you tried to hinder and tried to slip through the crack as passable to end the argument.

As much as I'd like to call myself an idiot for continuing to argue this topic, I'd be doing people a favor not, because in DBZ debates you can only have two idiots arguing with eachother.

Speaking of watching plot and character details closely: Vegeta was actually the main reason Goku was able to defeat Broly, since Vegeta was second to Goku in power, and for the reason being that Vegeta's chi notably caused a dramatic jump in Goku's power uncomparable to any of the jolts sent to him prior from the other fighters. This is also after the other Z Warriors had received Senzu treatment, where Vegeta didn't.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:fight: So, because Broly powers up to face Gohan transformed (who is leagues stronger than Goten and Trunks), that automatically denotes Gohan a SS2, Deathshot? As MC said, you didn't provide proof to the claim, it only sounded as if you used the idea that Broly was surprised by Gohan's power to credit your false proof you tried to hinder and tried to slip through the crack as passable to end the argument.

As I said. This is what I see as how it seems. He has the ability to use SSJ2 then. It takes place a few years after Cell games and Before Buu so, if you are going to fight a goddly person who nearly killed everyone last time, would you not go to your Full Power to fight? I mean Gohan may have been alot more weaker in that time but its just how I see it.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As I said. This is what I see as how it seems. He has the ability to use SSJ2 then. It takes place a few years after Cell games and Before Buu so, if you are going to fight a goddly person who nearly killed everyone last time, would you not go to your Full Power to fight? I mean Gohan may have been alot more weaker in that time but its just how I see it.
DAMN THAT REMINDS ME IF SSJ3 BROLY IS IN IT THEN RAGING BLAST WILL FOLLOW AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. AF is more about continuing the story after GT and non-canon transformations (like SSJ4 in GT). SSJ3 transformation is canon. Broly is not though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom