Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many people watched the Spike TV Video Game Awards last night? Friggin San Andreas won instead of HL2. It's unbelievable. Valve spent 5 years developing HL2, and they didn't even get game of the year for their awesomeness.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
It makes sence, HL 2 is just another shooter with a linear story line but with nice graphics, and a nice new psychics engine, while San Andreas is non-linear, huge, free roaming and it overall simply rocks.

GTA: San Andreas is for me indeed the best game of the year 2004

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve took it to the next level with HL2. All San Andreas does is let you see what the streets of LA are like without actually going there. Big whoop.

Bolteh2

B
uhu, drugs sniffing crackwhores that sell their own **** in a game = best **** for 2004..

there wasn't a single good game in 2004..

alltho.. wow should be the best game of 2004 (didn't release in europe so it's 2005 for me.. but you americans got it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like GTA: San Andreas i played vice city and then that, and didnt really see a difference. I did like how you didnt have to load that section, but other then that. I didnt care for it. Thats by opoion anyway.

I dont think hl2 should win either, just cause they spent 5 years on a game doesnt mean its worth 5 years of working.

Im not really a hard core gamer, for me i likes halo2 the best out of the games i got this year.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow said:
I dont think hl2 should win either, just cause they spent 5 years on a game doesnt mean its worth 5 years of working.
Go to planethalflife.com and check out the Half-Life 2 section. Read the features, and then edit your post.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hmph, gameplay is more important then the technical side of games, and what do you mean with "All San Andreas does is let you see what the streets of LA are like without actually going there." San Andreas does no such thing, the entire state of San Andreas is FICTIONAL with some places looking alike, but it's mainly fictional.

Let's not forget the tons of missions, side-mission, and the actual diversity in the gameplay, all you do in HL2 is shoot Aliens, bad guys whatever, in SA you race, dance, break into houses, perform drive-bys, hijack a plane, etc. etc.

San Andreas for the Win.

Bolteh2

B
gangstahrappers shooting everyone up to show how cool being a poor bastard with guns is..

yup, sa fir the win :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still think berserk shoulda won...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think half-life 2 should have won... but that aside, I can't believe that GTA: SA won. That game is crap. Its been done before atleast 4 times, and it gets game of the year...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think half-life 2 should have won... but that aside, I can't believe that GTA: SA won. That game is crap. Its been done before atleast 4 times, and it gets game of the year...
I agree with you, Hybrid. I'm seriously up to here with the franchise.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
I agree with you, Hybrid. I'm seriously up to here with the franchise.
Riiiiiight, and walking around shooting aliens has been done only how much times? A million times or so? While the GTA Concept has been used 6 times now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Riiiiiight, and walking around shooting aliens has been done only how much times? A million times or so? While the GTA Concept has been used 6 times now.
It may just be that black people irritate me when they set such bad examples for themselves.

Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
It may just be that black people irritate me when they set such bad examples for themselves.
yeah i would love the game more if there where just black and white people, more like vice city...i'm not a rasist..but its just...
not teh cool style...i mean...hmm..you know

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
So and when you play a game like Half-Life where you would sometimes shoot people (black and white people) it makes you feel alright because Gordon Freeman is white?

It's true that they stereo typed the Afro-American people in GTA: San Andreas but we stereo type alot of people (like Dutch People wear clogs, Goths are sad people etc.)

Best answers
Bolteh said:
gangstahrappers shooting everyone up to show how cool being a poor bastard with guns is..

yup, sa fir the win :/
Seconded.

I didnt enjoy SA one bit. Simpely for 1.) its basicly MTV's wet dreams and 2.) THe PS2 just couldnt handle it. It looked like crap, it felt like crap. Now I wont say that SA all together is crap since the PC version is yet to be released and i'm looking forward to that one. Atleast there you'd be able to see more then just 10 meters infront of your car -_-.

I sold my copy of SA after playing it +/- 5 times.
I'm replaying Half-Life²

Theres my opinion on which game should have won.

Best answers
Pfft, Spike are a bunch of corporate whores...

The decision for game of the year should have been up to the fans, to decide between Halo 2, Half-Life 2, DOOM3, and GTA: SA and not a small group of guys who can barely decide if they should breathe in or breathe out...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
half life 2 like he said, it doesnt matter how long they spent making it, its the end result that determines how good a game is, if the end result is a bad game, its still a bad game regardles how long they took making it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed... in fact the time they spent making it should have assured it being better than it was....

oh well

MOTLEY CRUE FOR TEH WIN!!!!

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
indeed... in fact the time they spent making it should have assured it being better than it was....

oh well

MOTLEY CRUE FOR TEH WIN!!!!
They didn't exactly spend most of those 5 years on it anyway... When they leaked (and claimed it was stolen) the source, the supposed thief hosted the file all over the internet. People downloaded it, and found out, most of Valve's claims were just projections they hoped to add. For example, "advanced scripted sequences," turned out to be nothing more than computer-rendered AVI files. They hadn't even got a scripting engine working past basic AI. Haven't played HL2 Full yet, so I won't judge the end product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom