Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i HAVE played hl2 full, and finnished it. and i wasnt overly impressed. like ive said before, its like they spent 3 years pissing arround then someone said "hay dude have you seen what computers can do nowadays? lets mess arround with that new pixel shader thingy, and the havok engine everyones been using for ages now... oh and what if we put both together and make that sequal we promised everyone like 3 years ago..."

"gee bob that sounds awfully fun...but can we go watch the game first?"

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
i HAVE played hl2 full, and finnished it. and i wasnt overly impressed. like ive said before, its like they spent 3 years pissing arround then someone said "hay dude have you seen what computers can do nowadays? lets mess arround with that new pixel shader thingy, and the havok engine everyones been using for ages now... oh and what if we put both together and make that sequal we promised everyone like 3 years ago..."

"gee bob that sounds awfully fun...but can we go watch the game first?"
Shouldn't you have used the name Gabe, instead of Bob?

I nominate Earth's Special Forces for game of the year!! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually i was implying that gabe wanted to watch the game...

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
actually i was implying that gabe wanted to watch the game...
Yeah, you're right, that Jabba the Hutt looking mother****er would have put it off for another day...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to read/reply to your pm's

to get back on topic: i still think berserk should have got it...but seeing as its not being released in the US i can see why it didnt >_< click here to find out more bout it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life 2's AI is NOT basic, trust me. I was coming out of the mines section of the game (Shut up, this isn't a spoiler!) and there were combine snipers everywhere. I went to hide under a train, and the sniper was smart enough to shoot the barrels next to the train to flush me out. Wait! I'm not done typing! The AI actually work together to try and kill you, they don't just run around and shoot wildly like in SA. The combine (Or if there is more than one of the Xen chasing you) will actually move in formation and use cover (They even use each other as cover). The game is very balanced between prettyness, realism, and gameplay. You can interact in some way with almost everything around you. They spent a total of 6 years developing the game, with one of those just being for planning. The idea of the game is genious. On the other hand, you have GTA: SA. The gameplay in that piece of crap has been done sooo many times before that it's just not fun anymore. If they had released it last year, I might say different, because last year's games sucked. But with all of the games being released this year, I say that GTA: SA is crap. Crippity Crip CRAP.

Lid

L
Let me just point out that award show was a travesty. And Halo 2 beat HL2 for best FPS. And the entire thing is geared towards retarded MTV generation as they don't know how to do the show. And EA sponsors the shows and won about 90% of the awards. And when GTA: Sa was announced they said "The winner is... Grand Theft Auto 2". And DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT. And HOT GIRLS READING CHEAT CODES. And Gamespot sponsors the show and won game website of the year.

Do not take anything from this show as lore. It's the worst kind of award show. The word "Trainwreck" applies here. Don't be upset if your favourite game didn't win. It was just a terrible terrible show.

Let's also not forget they flashed 90% of the winners in 30 seconds, then had a 5 minute rap battle. In fact the entire thing was a rap battle.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're saying that the companies who sponsored the show cheated to get game of the year (With the exception of Halo 2)?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if halo2 beat hl2 you know somthings been ****ed up, i have no faith in those judgings whatsoever.

im playing hl2 rght now, and i can tell you now ive never played a better game in my life, maybe loz:eek:ot...

[align=center] /\
/\/\[/align]
[align=center]-------------------------------------------------[/align]

Lid

L
Amnestometh said:
So you're saying that the companies who sponsored the show cheated to get game of the year (With the exception of Halo 2)?
No, what I'm saying is the awards show ****ing sucks and complaining about it is like complaining X musician didn't win a grammy (another meaningless award). GTA: SA winning game of the year was a miracle as GTA had nothing to do with the show and everyonce thought it would be won by Halo 2 (see: this awards show ****ing sucks).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lid said:
(see: this awards show ****ing sucks)
agreed

these "awards" are nothing but bs given out to the company that pays the most money with stupid hosts that have nothing to do with gaming

in the end its nothing but a mockery of real gaming

in closing

dear spike tv video game awards,

please die

not your fan,
Hibiki

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone's so negative... if you had a real "gamer" host an award show, you think anyone would watch it? :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course they would. thats why im next years host.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All "award shows" are designed in regards to the highest bidder.

Like I need anyone to tell me what I should like, anyways?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystix said:
Everyone's so negative... if you had a real "gamer" host an award show, you think anyone would watch it? :rolleyes:
no the whole point is u shouldnt have an award show about video games anyway

video games already have stuff like that in mags and on websites not to mention all the fuss at e3 and stuff

Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
It may just be that black people irritate me when they set such bad examples for themselves.
These type of comments that go " over looked " by the " mods " really make me wonder if they actually allow people to make rascist generalizatin on these fourms. So basically, what your saying is black people " Notice You Didn't Say Some " irritate you because they all seem to set bad example for themselves. Well here's something to think about before generalizing that statement of yours.

1. The African-Amercain Race had no control over this game being made in there favor. Im sure if they wouldve *****ed and whinned about it so called " Sterotyping Blacks " then most of the other races would sterotype the fact that blacks complain to much, which acouse isnt true as well. I felt it was nice change, there's rarely any blacks in video games, most of the main character's were white. Also rarely have you seen blacks who have actually complained about that fact, or any other race for that matter.

We seen people on a MTV show called Jackass & Viva La bam all the time, but do anyone generalize that all whites act that way or set bad exmaples for themselves because of all the dumb **** they do on there shows?? No we do not.

2. If you actually lived the life of the 90s back in the urban area in cali or mostly any other urban area's then you would know that's how it really was for some african-amercains.

3. African-Amercain's Don't all set bad example's before themselves. It's people like you that see them and judge them by the way they dress, talk in slang most of the time where the around there friends back in the hood, or generalize them based off urban movies that you seen or mainstream rapper's on MTV.

Im not trying to turn this thread into anything racial of that matter, but when people say thing like this, it really get's to me because i wonder if they seen any type of experinces that some blacks go through now even in are current year just by going to a mall area way out of the urban area.

yeah i would love the game more if there where just black and white people, more like vice city...i'm not a rasist..but its just...
not teh cool style...i mean...hmm..you know
If that post wasn't obvious to what he was trying get across, then people get away with more then i thought. The mods can warn me if they want or ban me but i just wasn't going to over look such statements made.

gangstahrappers shooting everyone up to show how cool being a poor bastard with guns is
Translated: Anyone Of The African-Amercian Race Who use any type of slang or language outside the every day boring proper english!!Or dress in clothing that dosent suit the person " generalizing " taste in clothing wear or music style or any black individual who owns any type of firearm. Im sure if it was another Vice City or GTA 3, would anyone be saying any of these things that there currently saying now. I dont think so.

I say that GTA: SA is crap. Crippity Crip CRAP.
And i say, your a guy, making a thread over some bull**** award show that didn't pick what you thought shouldve been game of the year and now your upset because alot of years went into making HL2 and it didn't get picked based off your oppion. I tell you what, next time you find yourself getting angry over something that didn't sastify your own selfish desires, try thinking about everyone else around the world who actually enjoy playing this so called " Crap, Crippity Crip Crap " game known as GTA SA.

I personally find HL2 & Halo 2 to be some of the most overrated games in there time. I dont care how many year's were spent on devlopment. The game didn't win game of the year, so what who cares, you have your copy and you know what you like and dont like so dont ***** about it. I wished MGS 3 wouldve won but it didn't so oh well, congratulations to GTA SA on its GOTY Victory.

No, what I'm saying is the awards show ****ing sucks
I agree, there pointless and basically rip offs of the MTV & BET Awards shows. There performances aren"t that special either, in fact they suck. Video games should stick to gaming mags and websites.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to agree that this thread is a little touchy on the racism.

Lid

L
Sakura said:
Translated: Anyone Of The African-Amercian Race Who use any type of slang or language outside the every day boring proper english!! Im sure if it was another Vice City or GTA 3, would anyone be saying any of these things that there currently saying now. I dont think so.
Do you see the racist implications of this line?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont watch that award show its just a big way for companys to whore out their games or rather just EA to whore out their games.

EA is the freaking devil man have u heard about that bs they pulled to get the rights to certain NFL teams?

Best answers
Lid said:
Do you see the racist implications of this line?
Nope!!! But if you do, you could explain too me what racist implications Mean...people use such big words now days :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom