Spider-man 2 Movie question (contains spoilers)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for those that have seen it, and know a fair bit about spiderman, he starts to lose his powers in the middle of the film. Now, i could see 2 reasons for this.

1.) By losing his powers, the director wanted to show that Peter Parker has returned to his old self physically, as well as mentally.

2.) He loses his spider powers in the cartoon when his mutant defect is enhancing more (when he beings to turn into the man-spider) and he then regains them again and has to have gamma radiation beams every day from doctor conners to prevent mutation in the man-spider.

I would guess that since alot of people watching the film wouldn't know much about spider-man, the first one seems more appealing, but then again, it could lead into another problem for Peter Parker in the next film.

Whats your view on this ?

Best answers
Im betting he did that in the film to cover all his basis...who knows maybe that plot line will happen in the next movie...or maybe in a later spider man movie. Supposedly the movie series is planned to be 6 movies (only 3 of which Sam Rami is doing) so who knows.

Best answers
They said specificly in the movie that he lost his powers because he did not want to be Spiderman, after he woke up, he started to regain his powers back.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a psychosemantic thing from my view. Think of all the hypochondriacs out there. They start to feel symptoms of a disease or virus and truly believe they have it. But in troth, they don't, their mind is just creating the symptoms. In my opinion he wasn't techinically losing his powers, his brain just wasn't letting him use them.

Best answers
Yea, it was all psycoligical or whatever. He wasn't literally loosing his powers, he just couldnt use them because he didn't want to be spiderman, he wanted to live a normal life, so thats what he started to do.

Best answers
Maybe hill turn into the man-spider in spider-man 3 :p

Best answers
He lost his powers because he didn't believe in himself and he was doubting who he really was.

@ SSJ4 Vegeta, He got his powers back in the movie.

::SPOILER::

He isn't going to lose his powers in the third movie because 1. He has to fight Hob Goblin (his best friend) and Venom (the astronaut who MJ ran out on in the wedding). Plus he found himself in this movie and MJ knows he is spider man. The 3rd movie will probably show him learning to use his powers better and learning new moves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. ) Harry is the new Green Goblin, NOT the Hobgoblin.

2. ) John Jameson is NOT Venom. Eddie Brock is.

3. ) Nobody will know what enemy will be next. Sure, another Goblin would be most obvious, but I don't know, that'll be pretty corny. I agree though, that it could be 2 enemies, Green Goblin and Venom. But that's kinda going over the top, seeing as how Venom is one of the most thoughest enemies Spidey hsa ever faced. o_o Add one Green Goblin and you've got Spidey Splat. o_O

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Venom could be a potential enemy though, I heard his name (Eddie Brock) fall in the first movie of Spider-Man but I am sure that won't happen it would be cool though, Venom is the coolest enemy of Spider-Man :D

I mean come one who wouldn't want to see him in a movie.

Although The Lizard would be a nice enemy aswell

Best answers
I predicted that venom would be in the third one when I saw Jameson's kid in the second, since the symboyte follows him back on his space shuttle, but then again, thats supposed to crash because of it, and we didn't hear tell of that.

The new gobo is a given, hes going to be there, no question, but I'm hoping for some other stuff to happen too, I don't want a repeat of the first one, no one likes the goblins anyway -_-

Doc Ock could make an appearance in the third one, although doubtful. You see him going down in #2, but you don't see him die. The AI of the arms could come back and forcefully save him.

Its all up in the air, anyone could be in the third one :eek:

Best answers
This is my prediction, or at least what I think should happen.

They need to only introduce the plot of the symbiot in the next movie, IE the black suit spiderman. Those who know spiderman background know that the symbiot chose spiderman first and there was a little story to that, they could use that to tie into the green goblin storyline by having peter lose himself when fighting harry and almost killing him blah blah blah you know that kinda ****. It wouldnt hurt to put in a rather minor villan to supplement goblin like rhino or somethin

but to the actual topic, yes it was from a lack of wanting to be, not the comic book version of the mutation (I think)

but they could still pull it off, in the comic he did regain his powers after loosing them and was normal for a while till he sprouted the extra arms

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wanna see kraven myself, i always liked that guy, >_>, with the knives and whatnot

venom of course would be cooler, but hed be even harder than doctor octopus to realisticly portay, his suit was kinda liquid"ish" wasnt it? unles he was 100% cg i dunno how thy could do that, (there were alot of good cg scenes in spiderman 2, but they were always extremely obvious as being cg)

as for spiderman losing his powers cuz he didnt want to be spiderman,

what about the sequence where he tried to leap a building and didnt make it, you cant tell me he jumped off the building cuz he didnt want to be spiderman,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I'm baaackkkkaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

That was great. And I dunno, maybe they're able to make suit that's able to portray Venom realistically. o_o Or...something.

Best answers
I would love to see Venom in the third movie, it'd be nice to have Carnage in there aswell but that'd probably be pushing it. I really hope it's not the green goblin again, I mean fair enough it's a different person inside the suit but it's just gonna be the same thing. If it isn't the green goblin again then Venom would be a good choice, there aren't really any other major enemies that are personally involved with Spiderman so we'll have to see.
On another note, I didn't know that Sam Raimi was only doing 3 movies. It's kinda dissapointing too because I'd love to see more Bruce Campbell in the movies.

Best answers
For real, I think they just gave themselves all the possibilities for the 3rd movie. I bet they were going "Hmm, well we're not sure what were gonna do for the next one sooo lets just combine a crap load of possibilities to make the viewers wonder and that way we'll get em hooked!"

Hey, could be true.

Best answers
It was definitely a Psychological problem, there's no doubt.

The Man-Spider thing is a bad plot on the whole, in or out the comics. Sam Raimi would never put that in his films. I'm sure of that.

And Venom is said to be a big possibility in the 3rd film, loads of people think he might be the villain. There are even a few rumors going round that John Jameson might end up being him, but I'm pretty much against that along with a lot of others, so I hope to God it won't be happening. :)

The Venom storyline is so complex though. the movie may stretch closer to 3 hours instead of 2... but that could be good, depending on how amazing the film actually is. There's are two 'Venom' storylines now, thanks to the crap TV Show that made up its own plotlines (Oh yeah, that's right, the Hobgoblin was the first Goblin :rolleyes:).

One is the Secret Wars storyline, from the comics. A bunch of Earths Hero's get dragged to another world and are made to fight in a war. Spidey finds the symbiote there, and just assumes it's a special kind of Alien Clothing. When he get's back, it starts to take control, and he get's rid of it. It then finds Eddie Brock, who becomes Venom. This is the least likely one. In fact, it's impossible, won't happen. Not only is it too much for viewers to take in after only 2 films, the other hero's licensing rights are all tied up at other studios.

The other one involves the Space Shuttle, which JJ's son pilots, and it carries back the symbiote to earth, it finds Spidey, and so on...

The problem is, that in the movie with Venom, it has to graft itself to Spidey first, or else Venom won't get any of Spidey's powers, or the secret of his identity. And if it's not Eddie, then fans won't shut up about it (like Organic Web shooters, gah...).

All in all, it'll be a complicated sequel... unless they go for choices 3 and 4, which are The Lizard (Dr. Curt Conners) or The Return Of The Green Goblin (Harry Osborn, hopefully with a better Goblin suit this time round!)

Best answers
Jeez, Carnage owns Venom. Too bad he wouldn't be in until like the 5th movie. Looks like Jameson is about to get pwned in the 2nd shot :O

nuttzy said:
what about the sequence where he tried to leap a building and didnt make it, you cant tell me he jumped off the building cuz he didnt want to be spiderman
Even still, his brain was probably still in the state of normalness, as before he gradually lost his powers, he also gradually regained them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the liquid part wouldn't be too hard. they did it in one of those terminators with the liquid cop, i'm sure they can do the same effects 10 years later.

venom would be nice to see. green goblin would be a downfall to sm3. i never actually seen any episodes on fox with carnage in them. but i've seen venom and he was sweet.

and i dont know how the comic goes. but did green goblin 2 come before or after venom?

Best answers
The eps with Carnage in them were close to the very last ones made in the cartoon series if my memory serves me.

Best answers
Stress guys. He lost his powers due to Stress. You'd be stressed too if you were doing so many things. it makes you sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom