"Son Goku" Goku model for ESF 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
=M=DarkVegeta said:
holy sh*t! that looks totally awesome! i love the hair!! lol i like the whole model, including the little shoelaces, lol :D, GJ
i think this is an awesome goku, and everybody who says it still sucks, doesnt recognise art when they see it :), but thats just my opinion :p
Lol thx , but i m 10 years away from being a awesome artist , DBZ is only begining material , thx , but i m still fixing some things , good that SS krilin is gone now >_>_ lol

Best answers
The neck anatomy needs some fixing up, I'm afriad. Those defined lines that are supposed to be the vein like muscles, arn't supposed to be like that. It's supposed to be that they arn't defined so much the further up it goes up the neck.

Morph's drawover shows exactly how it's meant to be like:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8363537

Make them fade out as they go up the neck.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
MDave said:
The neck anatomy needs some fixing up, I'm afriad. Those defined lines that are supposed to be the vein like muscles, arn't supposed to be like that. It's supposed to be that they arn't defined so much the further up it goes up the neck.

Morph's drawover shows exactly how it's meant to be like:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8363537

Make them fade out as they go up the neck.
Now that you asked of it , sure i l make that :D

Best answers
Don't let em get to you Darkone, if you release it, it will be the best goku replacement out there.....unless it looks weird ingame or has bad animations.

Tox

Best answers
I like this model, but like with all upcoming models in the works it has a few negative things.

One thing for me is the hair, it's just too.....big and thick i guess....it's heeeuge :D

I did a quick drawover (i mean quick too, it's 1:30am and i'm tired) to explain really.

See on your model the hairline is kinda messed up, the hair isn't coming out of this head, it's just popping out on top of goku's bonce, randomly.
You need to visualise hair coming out from the bottom of the skull and swering upwards, remembering that the hair at the top, originates at the bottom and so it needs form.

On your model thus far, the hair seems to extend out from where there's no skull, and it's even coming out the bottom of the neck to some extent.

On the drawover i did, you can see the shape of the skull, and see how the hair is supposed to originate from the skull and really no where else. (see how it's not coming out the neck now too :))

Also i don't remember seeing goku's ssj hair that...large before. except in odd scenes when goku's hair seems the size of his torso :D

But i'm not getting at you, i'm hopfully encouraging you to push yourself to make this a Tip-top, grade a model :D

EDIT: Although not modelling related i remebered an old manga tutorial for drawing hair and it explains how to form hair on a head pretty well.

over at here

P.S Sorry for my drawover's hair kinda looking more like vegeta's but you get the idea ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
exelent work m8!

just that the ssj hair from the front looks a lil bit like a 60's afro hair style!

Best answers
now it looks a lot better
good job!
but just uh...fix the hair
oh! i just noticed the hands are good except the are flat like squares
they should be ROUNDED like real hands not bricks

Best answers
Tox said:
I like this model, but like with all upcoming models in the works it has a few negative things.

One thing for me is the hair, it's just too.....big and thick i guess....it's heeeuge :D

I did a quick drawover (i mean quick too, it's 1:30am and i'm tired) to explain really.

See on your model the hairline is kinda messed up, the hair isn't coming out of this head, it's just popping out on top of goku's bonce, randomly.
You need to visualise hair coming out from the bottom of the skull and swering upwards, remembering that the hair at the top, originates at the bottom and so it needs form.

On your model thus far, the hair seems to extend out from where there's no skull, and it's even coming out the bottom of the neck to some extent.

On the drawover i did, you can see the shape of the skull, and see how the hair is supposed to originate from the skull and really no where else. (see how it's not coming out the neck now too :))

Also i don't remember seeing goku's ssj hair that...large before. except in odd scenes when goku's hair seems the size of his torso :D

But i'm not getting at you, i'm hopfully encouraging you to push yourself to make this a Tip-top, grade a model :D

EDIT: Although not modelling related i remebered an old manga tutorial for drawing hair and it explains how to form hair on a head pretty well.

over at here

P.S Sorry for my drawover's hair kinda looking more like vegeta's but you get the idea ;)
Yucky drawover.

Best answers
yeah i agree with morpherex, the drawover doesnt look right..but perhaps im wrong :) i still think the new hair is 100000x better then the last one, :)

Tox

Best answers
Regardless of the quality of the drawover, i was trying to put across that the hair isn't right as it's just sprouting out of no where, the point i was trying to make was that it needs to all originate from the skull.

At the moment it looks like he's wearing a comically sized wig. Or even the big theatrical head they used for Hercules' interpratation of the cell games they showed during the world tournement saga.

I'll do a drawover of greater quality now that i'm awake and fueled with coffee, not that it was supposed to deign the look of the final model, but show how the form of the hair should be :rolleyes:

And Morpherex, was there any need to quote my entire post just to say "yucky drawover" ?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, Tox is talking sense >_<, anyway, yeah, the skull is totally the wrong shape, a skull (i know its DBZ but the same rule applies) should fit inside a square sideways on, with the jaw joining the cranium (i think thats what it is) in the centre, eye level is also half way, and ulike this model, you should see a lot more of the eyes.

And btw, if u want darkone, i'll do you a proper drawover after school but if u aint gonna use it i wont bother, cuz i got other stuff that needs doing as well.

I think this model has potential, with a few tweeks here and there it would be good

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Lol, i saw everyone 's crytzi l try to do something about the hair ... , fixinf the shirt right now =D

G
woah! u rly improovbed that mdl dark1, it looks amazing ^^ GJ X10! espedialy the head, heads were always like htat in DBZ, especialy when they powered up (like SSJ) there muscles got bigger, but the head stayed the same, and it gave em a hunched kinda look, lol, there is something about the SSJ hair from the front... im not sure, but it looks weird. heres a few refs:

looking at taht, id say that the 2 hangy things on his hair mmeet head bit need 2 be bit longer, uve got em in rong postition, they r to the left, the ones to right r smaller (when facing goku, our right) were as urs has the big ones in teh middle

that also shows the things to the left, and also a few peies of hair in rong place

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
heh, Tox is talking sense >_<, anyway, yeah, the skull is totally the wrong shape, a skull (i know its DBZ but the same rule applies) should fit inside a square sideways on, with the jaw joining the cranium (i think thats what it is) in the centre, eye level is also half way, and ulike this model, you should see a lot more of the eyes.

And btw, if u want darkone, i'll do you a proper drawover after school but if u aint gonna use it i wont bother, cuz i got other stuff that needs doing as well.

I think this model has potential, with a few tweeks here and there it would be good
No he's not. Feel the back of you neck. Most likely if you have long hair you DO have hair growing from your neck ALSO.

Tox, If you don't know what your talking about your better off not critting. I really don't see on the model that it "grows out of nowhere".
Tox said:
Regardless of the quality of the drawover, i was trying to put across that the hair isn't right as it's just sprouting out of no where, the point i was trying to make was that it needs to all originate from the skull.

At the moment it looks like he's wearing a comically sized wig. Or even the big theatrical head they used for Hercules' interpratation of the cell games they showed during the world tournement saga.

I'll do a drawover of greater quality now that i'm awake and fueled with coffee, not that it was supposed to deign the look of the final model, but show how the form of the hair should be :rolleyes:

And Morpherex, was there any need to quote my entire post just to say "yucky drawover" ?
Yes there was, quit your *****ing about it. I wasn't gonna go remove every picture >_>. I just click reply, type, post.

Tox

Best answers
Don't know what i'm talking about?

For 4 years, until last september, I was one of the concept and texture artists for Kuju entertainment, i've had to study human physique to be able to get where i have been. I know hair doesn't grow on the back of the neck, even long hair (which i have, albeit tied back). lift it up at the back, where does that long hair on your neck start? bingo, the base of the skull. Granted i'll give you that sometimes short and wispy hairs may grow on the back of the neck, but look at the screenshot up there, they way it is now, the hair appears as though it is actually growing from the neck.

Here's a screenshot from the link i posted, it shows what i mean perfectly.

I'm not going to say anymore on this matter for fear of getting Darkone's thread locked or something.

But i suggest you don't make flippant remarks to people whom you are juding assumptions on.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Tox said:

For 4 years, until last september, I was one of the concept and texture artists for Kuju entertainment, i've had to study human physique to be able to get where i have been. I know hair doesn't grow on the back of the neck, even long hair (which i have, albeit tied back). lift it up at the back, where does that long hair on your neck start? bingo, the base of the skull. Granted i'll give you that sometimes short and wispy hairs may grow on the back of the neck, but look at the screenshot up there, they way it is now, the hair appears as though it is actually growing from the neck.

I'm not going to say anymore on this matter for fear of getting Darkone's thread locked or something.

But i suggest you don't make flippant remarks to people whom you are juding assumptions on.
Yeah you defenedly know what your talking about , dont worry i like hearing crytz sure i l raise the hair on the neck
meen time update:
2 quick renders and 1 quality render using Brasil

Best answers
ugh i LOVE it! *but you probably know that by now :)*

the clothes look perfect, the hair is perfect, hell, even the shoes are perfect, lol.
the muscles/bones/whatever in the neck are still too obviously mirrored, and they dont look right, but the rest is great

*edit* i looked at the pix fortnox showed, in the last one, the bones in the neck dont meet eachother, more like: \ / , instead of \/ , you know? that looks much better

Best answers
Tox said:

Still don't believe you. There is hair on the back of the neck, not the WHOLE neck just a little bit. It's different for everybody. You obviously don't know about people being different from eachother eh? Some people have hair on their back, some don't. Care to explain that? Obviously you didn't do enough research ;X. But whatever, I'm not gonna even try to argue with you anymore and put you on my ignore list. Some anime even have blue, green, red, purple and pink as NATURAL colors, and you wanna talk about a hairline?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this theory is true, then how come we have underarm hair.. Or arm hair, or leg hair, hell man, explain beards. YOu theory is very wrong. Im with Morph here, I have hair on my neck too, not a lot, but i do, it comes down about 1/4 of your hair, depending on your cut. I got a buzz >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom