• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I'm posting here because otherwise I'd be in danger of doubleposting my own topic. I'm doing a character based off myself in DBZ style. I'm trying to follow the poopinmymouth low poly tutorial. If you have any pointers, could they come with visual examples? I mean, not just saying "its sucks, make it over". I really want to try to fix things if there's something that needs fixing. I'm trying to maintain a clean polyflow, which I hope I'm doing since there are no "dead ends" anymore.

and featuring the head...

Keep in mind the head is not attached. Everything else is fair game!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Okay, I'm posting here because otherwise I'd be in danger of doubleposting my own topic. I'm doing a character based off myself in DBZ style. I'm trying to follow the poopinmymouth low poly tutorial. If you have any pointers, could they come with visual examples? I mean, not just saying "its sucks, make it over". I really want to try to fix things if there's something that needs fixing. I'm trying to maintain a clean polyflow, which I hope I'm doing since there are no "dead ends" anymore.

and featuring the head...

Keep in mind the head is not attached. Everything else is fair game!
Why didn't you follow the pelvis shape from the colored ref, becouse the legs are too separated from each other. I think that if the legs would be more close one to each other and of course the hip fixed acordingly then it might work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So...make the hips follow the non-body ref, and move the legs closer to each other? Sorry dude, that was a tad vague...and I'm a little slow to catch on to what people say sometimes ^_^'

I also might add that this is for video and not for use as a game-skin.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OK i get the point here's something that might help u out:

Best answers
@ MF29 you know that your coment was mega nobish? that model eint textured...............................

@ J dude, i dont wanna be harsh but you got "weird" poly flow everywhere, exactly everywhere..... the pelvis area, why you conected all the polys 2 an single edge? and the head, the head is not an head and it has no polyflow, not even smothing groups added properly. And i see that the model is conected from parts yeh? and now do it like that :

When conecting all the parts, try to conect them via quads, dont conect them in a weird way as you did the arms to the neck area, and plz close close ups of your model withut the ref in the BG . but listen i dont wanna be harsh, your doing realy great just fix those things that i said, and practice a bit more at areas like neck and chest, scale the polygons away in the chest area. keep on going you got potential, dont waist it on simple errors :] and you posted kinda 2 refs, 1 is SKiwan's body and 2nd is????

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

one of the best pics of ginyu front:

well i didnt even though like that but ginyu looks in the episodes different then i though, although mange refs have always been the best ones, but i didnt found a site hosting dbz manga page sites.

hope they will help you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
great refs pixel, thnx allot. Seems like i was wrong after all, i'll tweak it all once i get the head done

Best answers
go shadeh go!! and nataku can skin it cell shaded if a need acours =o

and.... happy b day to me xD!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now I'm confused...apparently the poopinmymouth tutorials are worthless from what you're saying about polyflow, because I'm following those modelling rules. Could someone direct me to a tutorial which goes by the rules you guys follow, which teaches you how to manage polyflow correctly? Because the poopinmymouth stuff never mentioned preparing polyflow, and I never saw the guy make a single edge-loop anywhere on the face, so I feel I'm being misguided in every tutorial I've ever tried to follow.

Hell, Mad Axeman's tutorial which is DESIGNED for making DBZ style models doesn't even work for what I'm trying to do...

I feel like a chicken running around with my head chopped off and shoved up someone's @$$.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Odd...I never saw THAT tutorial...of course I was looking at the video stuff, but at any rate...

Well, I'll try and see what this dude has to say on it in this tutorial. Other than a superb polyflow (or so is my own judgement) the main difference I see is that the proportions on this model are whacked 0_o...yet accurate to his ref.

I'll look into this and see if I can't do this RIGHT for once...with any luck I may be able to salvage my current model.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Argh...I hate it when I'm forced to do this...

Went back to an earlier version of the modelling process when the body was still seperated and at its most basic level. I realigned the hips and the crotch to coincide with each other better for welding. That's ALL I did for the legs as of yet. The legs are still very basic. I will soon match the leg's edges to the muscle structure and get a more accurate shape going. Mostly I concentrated on the abdominals and the pectoral area. The pecs are not extruded and are at a low level phase, but I was able to work mainly on perfecting poly-flow.

I think I'm starting to get the concept. You see it mainly and most pronounced in my connection of the arms to the torso. I tried my best to make sure that the polys connected in a sane manner and that they "flowed" smoothly from the chest out to the arms.

I REALLY hope I'm doing right this time. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track before plowing onward and making mistakes I couldn't easily take back.

PS: If you have specific crits, I find drawovers EXTREMELY helpful. I'm more of a visual learner you see.

Best answers
You need to the fix the area, where the torso meets the leg, it looks messed up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean how there is a ginormous gap in edges and verts? Yeah, I need to connect some more edges to work with there. The main edge on the front is designed to follow the "groin" muscles upward and follow the natural crease that forms there. Moving that would take away from it majorly, but like I said, I just connect more edges as I add detail.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Also try to avoid pentagons (or polys with more than 4 vertexes)
but your progress is good, keep it up you'll get there. just stick to the comments :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah! 5-sided polys, that's right...I'll have fun fixing those...

Well, thanks D2, always good to see you around since things are slow back at the HOOD forum. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll do my darndest to follow what you guys have been saying! I'll of course update when I have some new progress to show!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
ben mathis is the win... too bad hes a *** :(
That was random...whose "Ben Mathis"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom