simple half-life modding < help >

Best answers
Hi people, a few days ago I started playing Half Life again and it hit me, AFTER SIX YEARS ITS STILL A GREAT GAME. But I`ve played through the game a couple of times before and its starting to get boring < practically memorized the entire game >, I`d like to tweak some weapons to make it more fun, does anyone know how to do this ?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dowload the HL SDK and have a copy of C++ that can complile your code. (More specifically, MS Visual C++) Learn to code in C, then start playing with the code.

Best answers
Hey flying dutchman im dutch to but thats not the matter right now.
What i want to say is that Half-life 2 wil be out in a month or 2 so just wait a while.
:yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Dowload the HL SDK and have a copy of C++ that can complile your code. (More specifically, MS Visual C++) Learn to code in C, then start playing with the code.
can you believe its that simple!?! :laff:

Best answers
thx, I`ve never messed with coded stuff before, but I`ll try anyway, I`m gonna have alot of time to spend so I should figure it out :p
I kinda modded other games before like carmageddon, < minor changes like money per kill and stuff > but that seems to be simple compared to half-life, jeez, they just had files with the values and tekst to explane it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to mess with the weapons, all of the HL weapon classes are defined in the server-side weapons.h header.
There's a lot you can do by just changing a few lines, but if you don't know much of C++ or the SDK, that could cause you a world of trouble. =P

Best answers
thx, but thats just the problem, I don`t know anything about C++ or SDK, where can I find that weapons.h header file ? And I wanna change the singleplayer guns, or does It just affect both single and multiplayer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom