Side camera position when doing a beam struggle

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why complicate when you can just move the mouse a bit and you have a good overview.

From the angle you yourself want best even ^^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
cause not all (new / and old) players will realise or want to use their own musclestrength to change the camera position, they're more focused on the strugle itself.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It'd made the game looks more profesional and dynamic if the camera sets automatic IMO :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It allso makes it more anoying in a full server.

Besides ESF is quite fast as it is. No real need for extra.

And yes i get on daltes case every single time when he puts in a camera change that even slightly hinders the forward view on his throw effects ^^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
How is it anoying in a full server? The last time i've seen a beamstruggle was in 2006 because ppl are too busy superspeedteleport and melee punch other ppl.
And I agree with Henry's statement, it does look more professional, and dynamic.

I'd like to know what the rest of team has to say about this

Best answers
or you could just make everything transparent that stands between the camera and the whole PS picture
Thats my point,i mean thats what im trying to say, and Grega i already told you this like 2 times at least,i want the fixed camera showing both characters and the struggle,not the beam struggle only !!!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There seriously isnt any point. With a flick of your mouse, you can see anything you want as you need to. Unlike most DBZ games spoonfed to people, this isnt a game built entirely on giving you brief input every 2 minutes between cinematics - this is a fast paced action game alright. You havent got time to set up a folding chair, sit and drool over a glorified cinematic when there is a server of people hellbent on killing you. Like Budokai or ECX - once you have seen something once, you will be bored to death a million times later.

The only way you could see both players during a struggle at all times, is with a split screen. And theres nothing more infuriating than splitscreen, especially when the way it is now, i am free to manipulate the camera as I please.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the maps are so big that the zoom out would be so much that you wouldnt se the characters at all ^^

Try to time your pumps there XD

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry the suggestion was good. Just not to great for non fighter style games.

Best answers
well i will show you more suggestions later when i finish analyzing the game itself.But dont be afraid im not gonna come with a "i would like to do a map with all the dragon ball world in wich you can fly and see all the people,even talk to mr satan" totally lol

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
With the new system something similar may just be possible.

Not really talking to people but a gigantic map with one or 2 gigantic islands should be possible ^^

Best answers
There is jsut 1 problem with that.

If you make it zoom out enough to see both characters in the struggle you risk the chance of getting your voew blocked totally by the terrain that may be a shorter distance away than the zoom would have to be and you end up seeong a moutain. That allso means camera clipping through the terrain itself and similar problems.

And if you make it so that the camera follows the struggle you have no idea when exactly itll reach you since you cant see yourself. Nor do you know if anyone is near you when the struggle is over.

Meaning while it would probably look good in some cases its not all that great for gameplay.

On the other hand the new camera controlls system is quite fast. Meaning you can set up the camera to a position where you can see the struggle better yourself in less than a second while having no problem with positioning the camera behind a moutain or anything like that since you yourself controll its positioning.
I agree same,but suggestion is perfect ofcourse :).

Best answers
With the new system something similar may just be possible.

Not really talking to people but a gigantic map with one or 2 gigantic islands should be possible ^^
OMG,Droll....,gigantic maps that will be just great,so the new engine is totally different to the actual one,it will be a beast !!

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically it's the same engine. It's just tweaked/hacked a bit. Well ok a bit more. :p

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that energy beams will now be a lot more effective. Since maps are big, maybe we'll get huge beam explosions too?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No beam explosions wont be much bigger. And beams wont really be much more effective. They will be more usefull though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom