Seattle cop punches teenage girl in the face for being an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was speaking in terms of strength, typically girls are weaker even if they are of comparable size.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's get one thing straight, I don't think the girl is right in any way, she was stupid and deserved the arrest and any other punishment given. The fact is, I believe the cop is also wrong for punching, it wasn't needed, whatever size she is, he is likely in better physical condition and his punches probably hurt, not comparable to the shove she gave him.

I think he's overreacted, you can all freely disagree if you want, but I don't think that's cool.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's get one thing straight, I don't think the girl is right in any way, she was stupid and deserved the arrest and any other punishment given. The fact is, I believe the cop is also wrong for punching, it wasn't needed, whatever size she is, he is likely in better physical condition and his punches probably hurt, not comparable to the shove she gave him.

I think he's overreacted, you can all freely disagree if you want, but I don't think that's cool.
It was necessary. When dealing with a group that large, the cop has to stay in control. You can't fight two people, which is effectively what he was doing when he was shoved. If you're ever faced with a situation where you have to control two people, any cop will tell you the only way to do it is to put one of them down as fast as possible. It doesn't matter if it's an adult or a teenager.

Last edited:
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What video were you watching?

He proceeded to punch the big girl in pink and put her in cuffs and the back of the car while he basically shrugged off the other smaller girl. Are you honestly trying to tell me that because there was two girls (one considerably small and weak looking) that it was absolutely necessary to punch her in the face?

If he punched out one girl and dealt with the other before going back to the first you might have a case that it was necessary to disable one first, but it's pretty obvious the smaller girl was of no threat whatsoever, basically meaning he could've simply used less force to restrain and apprehend her, while still shrugging off the small girl.

Likewise if we're talking about two full grown men vs. one cop then, I can see that punching one to disable will greatly increase his odds of coming out unscathed, but we're talking two girls, sure one is heavier, but considering how quick she stopped responding after the punch it's pitifully obvious that she was no match for him.

I do agree that if he was with a partner the whole incident would've been avoided.

---

Anyway, going home now, if you guys wanna continue justifying that hitting women is okay, feel free to do so while I'm gone. I'll respond tomorrow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you watch the video, he doesn't just leave the first girl. He puts the big girl down and you can clearly see the first girl trying to get a hold on him. He then goes back to dealing with her.

Hitting women is fine if they're stupid enough to do what this one did. Honestly, if you're a woman and you think you can get away with something like that just because you're a woman, you're about to get a wake up call. Assaulting a cop is assaulting a cop, and groups like that tend to think as one. When someone crosses that line, it becomes more likely that more people will. It doesn't matter if you're a woman, cops are trained to treat everyone equally, and if you assault a cop, the cop is going to fight back to maintain control.

That's pretty much all I can say on the matter. If you disagree, then please stick to security work. Don't ever try to become a cop, for your own good.

Gamers - Desire (Host)
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
She deserved it, I would've done the same.
Just because shes a woman doesnt get her the right to do anything she wants.

If a girl slaps me in the face, I would slap right back and scream... IN YA FACE !

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Generally, when you're attempting to control a situation while surrounded by civilians, you don't want to punch a woman in the face. Why? It could very well incite others to intervene, and when you're alone, and waiting for back up, a lot could go wrong in a very short period of time. Luckily, this took place in Seattle, where Vampires hunt deer and sparkle. Gender equality is enforced by your local police force, sure, but it isn't always a concept shared by the local populace.

So why did he punch her? Because he felt one was attempting to aid the other in evading arrest. Standard protocol is to neutralize the threat quickly and efficiently. A single blow to the face did this in spades.

In the civilian sector, continuum of force states in a situation like this, either a takedown or a wrist/arm lock is warranted, and should that fail, you can take it to the next level and either kick or punch the perpetrator. Or you can use mace. Though mace doesn't do much to me, I've been OC sprayed and I'd rather get shot than get that **** in my eyes ever again. He actually hooked her up by punching her.

So why not use a takedown or arm lock? A takedown would have allowed the other perp to get away, and this dude was clearly incapable of performing an arm or wrist lock, which is silly because that's something he should have learned day 1.

The entire situation could have been avoided had he known compliance techniques.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like shooting her. Much more efficient.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, considering the fine for jaywalking in Seattle is only $42. I can see how it went down.

"Ma'm, I'm going to have to fine you for jaywalking... maybe this $42 fine will remind you that you could've been killed."

"Please officer... I'll never do it again... I've got 6 kids and I can't even legally drink yet... I can't afford this fine... my lack of responsibility has my kids eating ramen noodles for dinner every night... $42 dollars is like 3 months of ramen noodles."

Her 6 foot girlfriend approaches.

"AWW HELL NAW... SHE AIN'T PAYING NO $42 DOLLAR FINE, THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK... AWW HELL NAW!"

[video=youtube;FFtw7qW7Vcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw[/video]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was incredibly racist, Synth.

Justice. I demand it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So let me get this straight.

The officer is doing his job (making an arrest).
The girl he is arresting is resisting arrest (which is illegal)
Another girl pushes the police officer (assaulting the officer, also illegal and worthy of arrest)
The officer punches the girl in the face to get her off him so he can continue to arrest the woman and the officer is 'in the wrong'? Yeah that makes sense.

The only thing I think the police officer did wrong was the fact that he didn't call for back up, and even then who the hell would think to call for back up on a jay-walking arrest?

As for 'never hit a woman', tell that to the feminists who constantly fight for equal rights, and women's right's and all that ****. Well, now you have it, and if you dare say "omg he hit a woman, well, those women asked for it".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"brap brap"

Yeah, she deserved it. Getting a bit tired of women thinking they can get away with resisting arrest.
[video=youtube;7KM1ukwBGv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KM1ukwBGv4[/video] - This beatdown was uncalled for, but she was being stupid. A simple uppercut would have sufficed.

[video=youtube;pZhN8TXTiSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZhN8TXTiSw&has_verified=1[/video] - The need for this pimp-slap is fairly self-explanatory.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me sexist, but I really don't believe in hiding behind your gender. I mean, okay, I'm not going to go and smack girls around for nothing (except if they don't make my food! [bad joke :(]), but if I'm going to get shoved around or punched multiple times, then chances are, I'm going to retaliate in self defense after multiple warnings. That's just me, though.

FP's feminist comment is both hilarious, and true. What's even more funny is that feminists go for equal rights, but with a twist, rights that benefit them. And don't you ****ers disagree with me, because you all know it's true! :p

G
I would resist if I were arrested. Well, perhaps not for jay walking (Dumb law anyway, I've been to NY and jay walked plenty of times because I'm a responsible adult who can think for himself and decide where to cross a ****ing road) since that's probably just a fine but I'd certainly resist arrest for significant things, say if I thought I was going to be put away for a long time. I mostly say this because I break many laws I feel are unjustified and no way am I going to let someone punish me for something I don't believe is wrong.

*edit* Also, cops should only resort to violence in the most absolutely necessary circumstances. Unfortunately this doesn't happen often because most people that apply to become police officers (I say most- certainly not all, I know some good people with genuine intentions training to become officers) are power hungry idiots in it for the authority, usually people with a little steam to blow off.. But an officer of the law should be restrained and know how to receive violence without escalating the situation. And yes, I am saying a police officer when attacked should not retaliate. Perhaps restrain, say if he held her hands and tried to calm her down, but punching her isn't the way. It just makes her more distraught, angry and in pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom