Seattle cop punches teenage girl in the face for being an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;jxR58bPOTo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxR58bPOTo8[/video]

Shouldn't have assaulted the cop. He was actually being pretty nice to the first girl. He could have just slammed her ass on the ground.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
" Get back in the kitchen! "

But Seriously, she deserved it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Getting sick and tired of people saying "this and what was wrong" when clearly the girl was struggling an arrest. The cop could have acted differently, but the cop didn't do anything wrong. Maybe he should have used his tazer instead.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you ever been tazed? I'd rather be punched in the face.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The girl was resisting arrest, she was asking for it. Did she think if she resisted enough the cop will go "Oh no, you're too tough, i'll let you go"?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More women need to be punched in the face tbh.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair though, punching a woman in the face is the wrong response.

I used to be a security guard and you pretty much never punch anyone, least of all a woman. There's literally loads of moves he could have used to restrain the woman without throwing a closed fist, in the end it doesn't really matter if she was resisting or if she deserved it, you don't hit girls, especially as a police officer while attempting to make an arrest.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who the **** arrests people for J-Walking?

If it wasn't a police man I would say "come on guys, all she did was push him, doesn't make her deserve a full punch", but she was out of line. I mean honestly where did they think this was going?

Then again, who the **** lives in Seattle?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who the **** arrests people for J-Walking?

If it wasn't a police man I would say "come on guys, all she did was push him, doesn't make her deserve a full punch", but she was out of line. I mean honestly where did they think this was going?

Then again, who the **** lives in Seattle?
I did.... once.... It sucked.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to be a security guard and you pretty much never punch anyone, least of all a woman. There's literally loads of moves he could have used to restrain the woman without throwing a closed fist, in the end it doesn't really matter if she was resisting or if she deserved it, you don't hit girls, especially as a police officer while attempting to make an arrest.
As an officer holding up the law, there really are no differences in gender/races to be honest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Equal rights, equal fights.
I disagree. There is no way a male police officer who's likely in pretty good physical condition is equal to teenage girl.

As an officer holding up the law, there really are no differences in gender/races to be honest.
It's something called levels of force, back in security school (lol) we learned that you don't use more force than what is absolutely necessary to handle a situation. Like the going after a fly with a bazooka analogy. You don't do it. He could have restrained her without punching, she pissed him off and he chose to punch, doesn't change the fact that he went beyond what was necessary to restrain her.

Added to this point is the fact she only shoved him, if you're gonna talk about equality and no differences, how is a punch a reasonable response to a shove? Police officers should be role models for the community, they do things right as an example for what they expect us to do, this example shows that it's cool to punch your girlfriend when she shoves you. The cop is wrong.

Still funny though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not just one shove, it's constant barrage. Being male or female doesn't factor into this.
This is just a total lack of respect for the police. And in order to easily calm her down quickly, without losing sight of the other person, this was the best way to go.

He could of tazered her too, but he didn't. I consider this to be more humane and less damaging.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He could've put an arm lock on her as well. There's no excuse for a closed fist.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should have been a tightly closed fist instead. You shouldn't push an officer just doing his job. In Seattle they do fine you for J-walking and that is all. Something had to have gone wrong here for it to turn into an arrest.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Equal rights, equal fights.
Exactly. Cops are trained not to look at age, race, or gender. It was one cop, alone, surrounded by the first girl's friends and a bunch of other people. When you have a group that large, when someone gets ballsy and puts hands on a cop, the group mentality shifts and the tendency is for everyone to become more bold and aggressive. When that happens, cops have to rapidly establish dominance before things get out of control.

Security guards are in nowhere near the same league as cops. You deal with *******s, sure, but nothing like what cops have to go through. He was actually being quite nice to the first girl, who was being equally *****y. He could have just slammed her ass on the ground (which he probably should have done).

Just TOUCHING a cop is illegal. No exaggeration. These kinds of laws exist for good reasons. Shoving a cop is stepping over a line, one you can't step back from. He did everything right. The chief even said he should have used physical force sooner.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't doubt that the girl was wrong and deserved a higher punishment than a fine.

What I disagree with, is the officers response to her actions. I don't believe he needed to punch her, I don't believe he had to punch her and I don't believe he should have punched her. If this goes up to a court and a judge hears this, he's going to look at the facts.

Teen was caught jaywalking
Officer attempted to fine teen
Friend of teen aggressively resisted the fine
Officer punched teen in the face

Take all the reasons why out of it, and add in the fact he is a grown man and she's a young girl and you have a cop in a lot of trouble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no way a male police officer who's likely in pretty good physical condition is equal to teenage girl.
Indeed, which is why the girl should know her place. Disregarding for a second the fact that it was a cop, (and you absolutely do not assault a cop), I don't go around shoving guys twice my size, neither should she. She got exactly what she deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom