Not open for further replies.
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
lol, just lol. RS is dead. This isn't RS but just a poor ripoff.
Get your own name instead of using a once famous one
Face it, nobody likes this 3rd resurrection (just like everyone hated the 2nd already) and neither do I, only newbs who don't know the real RS do.
In my opinion you guys are pathetic and nothing can change that.

Best answers
I only have vague memories of Rs, since I was on dialup, and couldnt play online so I was only slightly interested in esf, so I wont talk much about respecting the original creator and whatnot because I can barely remember the site.

What does annoy me however, is that you used the name, the logo, and the layout of the old site, and dared to call it a "ressurection"

Here's a tip to budding web "designers" like yourself, come up with some actual design work of your own, or start calling yourself "web guy" or "web person" Because you certainly havent done any design work.

What you've done is akin to knowing of a celebrity with a cat that was his favourite pet, the cat got hit by a car, and the celebrity moved on, as did everyone else that loved this certain animal, you then scraped it off the road, nailed it on a signpost for all to see, and declared it was now your favourite pet.

There's a bigger better pet now, we call him Esf-world.

Also your pet is decomposing and smells bad.

Retired
Best answers
I hope that when ESF dies i can take over the name of the site and the layout and call it my own, even after all the guys on the team laid out the ground work and gained the popularity so all i have to do is throw up a V2 or V3 and say "Hey look what i'm the web master of now"

As DJ said, no ones gonna like this as much as the original except newbs who don't know the history behind it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
What you've done is akin to knowing of a celebrity with a cat that was his favourite pet, the cat got hit by a car, and the celebrity moved on, as did everyone else that loved this certain animal, you then scraped it off the road, nailed it on a signpost for all to see, and declared it was now your favourite pet.

There's a bigger better pet now, we call him Esf-world.

Also your pet is decomposing and smells bad.
lol, that made my day xD

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow! Red Sayain works! Oh wait, I don't need any custom content (All my models and sprites are nice, go SV and NeD models!)

I don't see why people are cross, it's just a name. I could die and another 2nd Son (3rd Son? )could replace me, I wouldn't mind.

Anyway, good luck on the new site although I've never used it and never will.

Discord Member
Best answers
The way I see it, whichever website best caters to what I need is the one I go to. ESF-W has a long wait time for people who haven't subscribed to their premium service and want to download a huge file. HL2files is a good source for downloads too, except I get some bad download speeds from there. RedSaiyan always turned out to be the fastest for me. Yeah we need to respect the history of RS, but the way I see it, if someone is providing a service that is best for me, whats wrong if they provide it?

And you can keep saying that Mystic could change the name instead of using RS, but as I said before, not many people would even care to look at another file hosting site. I'm saying that from experience by the way, because I tried to start ESF-Zone, and not many people were interested because they weren't willing to try something new.

Mog

Best answers
I think it's good that redsaiyan is back, but why can't you use the old domain name...
I still sometimes type the url for the original website forgetting that it's gone when I am looking for custom stuff. :)

Also, I think it would have come accross better if you had made the site to the same standard as the old one, and with LOTS of files already added before going public.

First time I went to the new website, I typed the wrong url (redsaiyan.org) twice not noticing it had been changed...
the 3rd time I typed the correct new url only to find there were problems with some pages and nothing worth looking at yet anyway... :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I have uploaded the Bojack Model Pack. Hope You guys also Download YopYop's Model Pack for All Sagas Goku ^^.

Also @ DJ: ... Dont see any new Uploads on ESF-World Lately ^^

Best answers

:( redsaiyan bandwidth reached already (400gig) sorry for everyone who loves/likes RS hopefully bak up within 24hours :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, so by reading some posts above, I can see that you didn't technically steal RS. You simply stole the respect it has earned. That is the lowest form of theft I can possibly think of. You're stealing someone else's glory for their hard work. You are scum. If it gets me a warning, then so be it, but I was one of RedSaiyan's most respectful fans, and it hurts me to see that all of the original creator's hard work has been stolen by lamers. Yes, lamers, you heard me correctly.

Make your own site nubs, don't mooch off the fame and respect of others.

Discord Member
Best answers
Dude are you stupid rofl? We aren't trying to take the fame of the original creators. A lot of people respect RS so we tried to bring it back.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude are you stupid rofl? We aren't trying to take the fame of the original creators. A lot of people respect RS so we tried to bring it back.
So, basically, you expect me to be appreciative for your theft? I'm sorry, but I could never do that. I will also never respect this new mockery. It's incredibly pathetic.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theft would mean they took all of Spin's work without his consent or knowledge. He gave it all away, so they're technically allowed to do whatever they want with it.

Personally, I don't see the reason for bringing back RS when we already have hl2files and esf-world. However, that doesn't mean random zealots should just pop up and tell you guys to go to hell because they have logs up their asses. Extra ESF resource sites aren't hurting anybody, although I think selling **** is extremely scumbaggish.

Were I you guys, I'd try to get Spin's blessing in writing or something along those lines, and if that works out, show it to everyone here. If they continue denouncing you guys, they'd really only be insulting Spin.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well, Mystic took off the selling stuff because the staff found it corny. I'm still laughing at Spunky's post though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theft would mean they took all of Spin's work without his consent or knowledge. He gave it all away, so they're technically allowed to do whatever they want with it.
I wasn't referring to RedSaiyan, I was referring to the respect that it holds.

I don't respect anybody who doesn't respect the work of others. You should have just let RS rest in peace. The only way I could be happy with a resurrection of RS is if Spin himself resurrected it.

Edit:
Seraph said:
Well, Mystic took off the selling stuff because the staff found it corny. I'm still laughing at Spunky's post though.
I'm glad you find it amusing, but that doesn't make you any less of a scumbag.

Discord Member
Best answers
Haven't I said over and over that RS holds a certain respect? You should try reading posts instead of posting blindly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't I said over and over that RS holds a certain respect? You should try reading posts instead of posting blindly.
No, I think you should read more carefully, as it's now clear to me that you haven't been paying attention to ****.

[slowspeaking]The reason I am mad at you is because you are using Spin's hard work and respect as a base for this new piece of **** site, that will never compare to the old site.[/slowspeak]

You should really just stop posting here, because every time you do, I think less and less of you and your pathetic attempt at glory.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of you are getting bent out of shape over something trivial and stupid. It's a site. I'm sure you all loved the site and worshipped Spin, but it really doesn't make a difference if the site is back and is being run by different people. As long as they've got their **** together and they're not turning RS into something ridiculous, it's fine.

Spin said, "Here it is. It's all yours." Who are you to question Spin's judgement?

[slowspeak] You are getting angry because people are using the design of a dbz site that existed several uses ago. What. The. ****.[/slowspeak]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom