Question for Musicians (In terms of recording equipment)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Click the provided links to see the products)

Alright, I'm trying to update the equipment to my "home studio" and I stumbled across a situation. I've found a MICROPHONE CABLE that is pc compatable and can be directly inputed. But I want to know if the Behringer B1 microphone I'm purchasing is able to support it. If not, then I have a backup mic which is this the MXL Microphone I need to know since I'm ordering online and it's hard as hell to refund something that you don't want.

If you musicians here have other options, I'll take those as well.

My price range is $200.

Thanks in advance

Best answers
actually, i think it would be better if u went to an actual store and tested the mics, to see if u like them. You can also ask questions there, too.

unless you already know the quality of the mics, then i don't know what else i can do for you..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know quality of mics by looking at the specs. And the local recording studio uses Behringer b1 and i love their quality. only, they record using analog, and mines digital so they couldn't answer teh question. thnx for the lookout though.

Also, there's no local "Music Friends" near me X(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for $200 you might be able to go 1 better, grab yourself a Shure SM58 mic, and a semi-decent imput soundcard (preferably firewire). youll actually get better results that way =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But my question is if it will go directly into the computer because some mics require pre-amps that arent XLR compatable. Ill look up the Shure mic though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the shure mic is industry standard... hmmm there are some good preamps out there actually. but you dont always need them. if you get a decent soundcard, it will have a preamp in it anyway. (or an emulator).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom