Problems with the Wii Remote Strap!

Best answers
yea blaming nintendo for that is like...blaming sony for ps3's breaking too easily when thrown.
Being as you people seem to misunderstand my intentions, I'll get this out in the open:

I'm not blaming Nintendo. I AM blaming the end-users. My point is, they're not brain dead retards just because they get overeager when using it, and break things.

Go ahead, blame the end-users, I'm fine with that. But don't insult people you don't know anything about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go ahead, blame the end-users, I'm fine with that. But don't insult people you don't know anything about.
If someone is dumb enough to swing something with such force that if they were to let go, it would smash into pieces or break something around them, then I'm gonna make fun of them, because that's just being stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone is dumb enough to swing something with such force that if they were to let go, it would smash into pieces or break something around them, then I'm gonna make fun of them, because that's just being stupid.
QFT.

But don't insult people you don't know anything about.
People do stupid things. Sometimes, when it's an honest mistake, then its ok. However, when you're told that doing something is wrong, and you do it anyway, and then **** up by doing it....then you're just foolish. Plain and simple.

If someone takes a chainsaw and starts swinging it around to pretend he's like leatherface, and accidently cuts a hole in his house, I am NOT going to feel sorry for him because "I don't know him." I don't have to KNOW the person to know what he did was freaking stupid.

Best answers
Eh, Nintendo is bound to get some bad rep. Finally Sony isn't needlessly in the bad spotlight.

Sony's contoller may not be thrown so easily (by a retarded accident) but I will guarantee sprained wrists for it though, I personally could go without motion sensors. I find it distracting if I have to use it.

Some call gaming a sport (which I think is retarded) but this goes to show ya, when there are sports there are accidents and injuries.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's quite amazing the level of condescension that goes around over this topic.
You are definately not one to talk, so don't even try that "I am holier than thou" bull****.

People need to use common sense. If you're swinging around the controller like the moron and using enough force to actually break it, it's your fault. Nintendo warned you, and you chose not to heed their warning (Considering your posts in other threads, I'll leave this disclaimer for you Sandstorm: By you, I mean the people who broke their remotes, not you). Get over it.

Saying there are problems with the remote strap is insane because the people using the product are the cause of the problem. I can't say theres something wrong with the way Panasonic manufactures tvs because I was dumb enough to put 12 magnets on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I think that about sums up the mindset of anyone who has broken their strap.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's hilarious that the entire reason half of you were so excited about the Wii is precisely because you could control games by swinging about wildly.

And in fact, it's only recently that you guys found out the Wii could be played with small movements..

Nintendo marketed it as being played with wild swinging: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Qx8YVnapI

"HERE! COME PLAY OUR SYSTEM WHERE YOU SWING ABOUT WILDLY IN ORDER TO PLAY GAMES!"*
* Actual gameplay doesn't require large movements, and in fact, may end up in you destroying your TV and controller.

So, who's right? The people making these videos? No. -You- people defending Nintendo by ignoring the reasons you got excited over the console in the first place? Obviously not. As always, the truth lies somewhere inbetween.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, in most of the videos of people playing the Wii before it was released, you could see them using flicks of their wrists instead of going all out on the game. Advertisements (like Red Steel) show something very different from what I've seen people actually do. I don't know if it's in a manual somewhere since I won't be buying a Wii ever, but a warning telling people not to do something or it might destroy the remote should be sufficient.

As someone who hates Nintendo (or just the fans), I'm just going to say common sense should tell you not to abuse anything other than a PS2 controller.

Best answers
I think it's hilarious that the entire reason half of you were so excited about the Wii is precisely because you could control games by swinging about wildly.

And in fact, it's only recently that you guys found out the Wii could be played with small movements..

Nintendo marketed it as being played with wild swinging: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Qx8YVnapI

"HERE! COME PLAY OUR SYSTEM WHERE YOU SWING ABOUT WILDLY IN ORDER TO PLAY GAMES!"*
* Actual gameplay doesn't require large movements, and in fact, may end up in you destroying your TV and controller.

So, who's right? The people making these videos? No. -You- people defending Nintendo by ignoring the reasons you got excited over the console in the first place? Obviously not. As always, the truth lies somewhere inbetween.

There's a difference between wild swinging and a controlled swing.. All the people in that video are using controlled swings, they swing the controller in a way the character on your TV-screen moves, you can see that they aren't trying to throw away the Wii-mote at 200mph.
People throwing the controller around the house are retards that actually think they're throwing a baseball in real life, guess what a baseball does when you throw it in real life, it flies away.. Real fast :O Who would've though that..

Now let's take fishing for an example, if you're going to throw your fishing rod in a way you would throw a baseball, then you'll have to fish for your fishing rod, but if you're going to make a gentle, yet sudden throw, the rod will stay in your hands, same goes for the Wii-mote.

I agree, the string that attaches the strap to the Wii-mote should've been stronger, but Nintendo -never- showed or stated that you should use the Wii-mote like you would throw a baseball, not in any video, not in the manuals, nowhere.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers

When I play tennis I get into it and will do full swings, but still, don't try to put a 90 mph spin on the ball, it's really simple not to, most people were excited because of the controller and whatnot, yea sure, but I remember most nintendo fans groaning at first thinking they'd pull muscles swinging the thing then breathing a sigh of relief finding out it would be simple movements to keep it running

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Combine Alea's point about the way Nintendo advertised the remote and the fact that people are stupid, and it explains why the strap is breaking or w/e. It's easy to say "that's not how you're supposed to use it..." after you've already played around with the Wii for awhile, but kids and idiots will buy the Wii and based on what they think is the correct way to use the remote and their desperation to escape from their reality into a reality exactly like our reality in order to fish or play baseball, will probably screw up their Wii.

I realize I should have broken that last sentence into at least 3 separate sentences, but I'd rather you read one very long sentence.

But seriously, you gotta expect this kind of stuff from people who would rather fish, play basketball and baseball in a videogame than outside...with real people. To anyone who does exactly what I just said, no offense. I just think it is a little...you know what? I'll leave it at that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the end, though, I'm glad people aren't breaking my stuff with their mad swinging.

When I get my Wii next week, though, I'll make sure to have plenty of space to move around in when I start playing Wii Sports, and I'll make sure to wear the damn strap when I do. I'll also make it a point to tell everyone else to use it as well, when they're using my controller.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yarrr I've got nothing to worry about becuase I'm not trying to hit the tennis ball outside of my TV screen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People can break their stuff all they want. Those of us with half a brain that allows us to understand velocity and physics know that swinging something 100mph will result in a 100mph projectile (not counting wind resistance and the like)

The wrist strap isn't made to stop the wiimote from going 100mph. It's designed to stop a player from DROPPING the Wiimote onto the floor that might cause it to be stepped on, or dropping it in a drink or knocking over someone's glass or whatever. If they designed it for 100mph speed, they'd have given the Wiimote a bracelet complete with lock.

Also, with the advertisement, it's an advertisement. It's made to sell, just like cigarettes and beer. Besides, I'm not going to dive behind a couch while shooting my Wiimote to pretend I look cool. I'm going to sit back in my huge-ass dish chair and swing my wrist around. Barely any arm movement at all.

It all goes back to the "jumping off a bridge" thing. Just because an advertisement shows people flailing about like idiots, doesn't mean you should as well. Those who think they should are the ones that prove my point: Idiots that know nothing about common physics.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't want to know how many times I john woo'ed style onto the couch well playing red steel with the guns :D

This system is designed to get you into the game and make you feel like your that person on the screen which is in fact its doing. This causes some people to go crazy and I don't think its a matter of what your suppose to do its what you want to do and its that simple.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think he wanted to break the strap, but it happened anyway. Thats why you shouldn't always do what you want without thinking of the benefits and the consequences first. I mean, I want to go to Afghanistan armed only with a sword and see how many insurgents I can take out, but I thought about the consequences first. After reviewing the consequences, I decided to go through with it, but at least I thought of what could happen first.

Best answers
Bring back the nintendo power glove...but wireless and have it use motion sensing...would definitely be a cool idea that i tried to work on during my random tech classes

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone needs a diagram? :rolleyes:

Here, this should explain:

Couldn't care less about the "quality."
Roflcopter, I can actually see that pic animated in my head..

:3 I just think people just WANT to complain about something, or make fun out of something.

If I watch those videos I can't take them seriously..., a dead cat? a guy who's blood is gushing out of his neck? c'mon...

I can make the same vid as them, but then its about how dangerous ORANGES are. (cat + throwing orange full speed = pwnd)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
You don't want to know how many times I john woo'ed style onto the couch well playing red steel with the guns :D

This system is designed to get you into the game and make you feel like your that person on the screen which is in fact its doing. This causes some people to go crazy and I don't think its a matter of what your suppose to do its what you want to do and its that simple.
oh yea, I go crazy with the games too, I just don't think it's that hard to hold on to teh controller, and what not, just don't try to hulk smash **** :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom