Problems with the Wii Remote Strap!

Best answers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkdihGX7iWM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDQCn4QENxc

Looks like the Wii is causing damage in a lot of house holds. The strap that connects to the wii remote is made of string which is as probably as strong as a spiders web heh.

Discuss!
Depends on which type of spider -- and spider silk the diameter of a garden hose can lift a car.

Still, it's not new information; there were reports going around on launch day -- and it's very unfortunate that it's happening. Another occurrence is people are colliding with one another while playing, and the controllers are going flying out of the hands of people. Some guy hit his wife with one of the wii-motes, and then his dog the next day...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally haven't tried the Wiimote yet, but I find it very hard to imagine how someone could actually lose grip of the Wiimote and let it fly out of their hands.

I heard the strap was pretty flimsy, though, and as you swing the controller, it slowly gets cut up due to the friction.

Poor designing on Nintendo's part.

Oh well, I'll figure something out. :3

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
shoe laces ftw :p

tbh, some of those things shown in the vids are just idiocy imo :x

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently they've got these nifty rubber controler gloves now that give you some nice grip. I might pick those up, lol.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Personally, I think it serves as an accurate early warning system. If you can manage the feat of harming yourself on a tiny plastic controller, stop going outside. Not for your shopping. Not for your mail. Don't even open the door.

You aren't safe.

You're Too Stupid To Live. o_O

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG that was hilarious. XD

Dunno what i should do cry or laugh or both :laff:

Seriously how smart do you have to be to hit the light abbove your head like that :laff:

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wii makes people go crazy =P
It was pretty funny, although I doubt these things will happen to everybody, those are just single unusual cases heh.

Mr. Preacher
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there has been a lot of these cases going around lately I've been reading so its not just these couple. Windows have been broken, tv's cracked/smashed and as you seen some people cut/bleeding from people going crazy with the Wii Remote.

I understand your only suppose to do a little swing with your wrist but some people really get into this and go nuts. Nintendo should have made the wire that connects the wii remote stronger or use something totally different which could with stand some of peoples crazy actions. I still think they should have made some grips on the remote as well it might have prevented a few of these situations. Anyways heres a picture of the new Wii Gloves

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's kind of ****ed up.

I hope Nintendo fixes this

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there has been a lot of these cases going around lately I've been reading so its not just these couple. Windows have been broken, tv's cracked/smashed and as you seen some people cut/bleeding from people going crazy with the Wii Remote.

I understand your only suppose to do a little swing with your wrist but some people really get into this and go nuts. Nintendo should have made the wire that connects the wii remote stronger or use something totally different which could with stand some of peoples crazy actions. I still think they should have made some grips on the remote as well it might have prevented a few of these situations. Anyways heres a picture of the new Wii Gloves

o_O omg...they're trying to make money from every single thing heh...gloves for a console XD thats very new (and definatly weird) to me.

But I guess the Wii does offer lots of motion and action, not to mention it's unique compared to the PS3 and 360 so these gloves are probably just a normal rutine there hehe.

Gotta be careful though, that Wiimote can really hurt someone ;x

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had a Wii for just under a week, now, and, I'm sorry, but those people must be going absolutely nuts with their Wii remotes. For one, I don't see how the wrist strap would wear that fast unless you weren't actually using it properly (there is no tension/friction at the point where the strap is connected to the control for me - I wonder why that is. The idea is that the strap stops the control from falling/being thrown if you happen to lose your grip, which, as of yet, hasn't even come close to happening for me).

This kind of information makes me question how people are using their Wii remotes. Whenever I'm using the remote in, let's say, LoZ: TP, there's never really any risk that I'm swinging it hard enough to cause the kind of tension that would wear the wrist strap's connection down to nothing. Heck, the only tension on the wrist strap, for me, is the insignificant amount generated by the fact that the strap is draped over my wrist. That's hardly excessive. The same goes for Wii Sports - if you're actually holding the remote properly, there shouldn't be any tension/friction on the strings connecting the strap to the remote.

It would be nice to have a bit of a stronger fastening between the strap and the remote just in case someone isn't firmly holding the remote, but for me, personally, it makes no difference - I'm rather careful, and I keep a firm grip on the remote. Then again, the strap can be removed, and you can use any other variety of fastening and wrist strap to keep it on - you aren't obliged to use the one Nintendo ships with the console.

EDIT - Also, with particular emphasis on the first video (the guy playing Wii Sports tennis, I believe, on the wall-mounted TV) - people are using an excessive amount of force, it seems. The remote is sensitive enough to capture that kind of force in a much more gentle motion. I wonder if he read the manual...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I'm speechless.

I thought they'd found every way possible to squeeze peripheral accessories markets to the last nickel, and now this.

If you're going to go that far, why not just make the gloves themselves the controller?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I'm speechless.

I thought they'd found every way possible to squeeze peripheral accessories markets to the last nickel, and now this.

If you're going to go that far, why not just make the gloves themselves the controller?
Call me blind and/or hallucinating, but I do believe that, by the looks of the case for that glove, it's a third-party peripheral - that's not Nintendo's work.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me blind, but I do believe that, by the looks of the case for that glove, it's a third-party peripheral - that's not Nintendo's work.
It says Wii on it, meaning Nintendo definatly gets some profits from it.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it's the people who get too crazy using it that injures themself =o

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I play the wii, you do realize that you DONT even have to use it that fast. The speed limits out and the controller gives a small bit of bad information. Still it goes normally, any faster and your just excercising when you dont need to expend that much energy.

In addition, even with MY sweaty hands, I can keep ahold of the controller with no problem cause I am not swinging it 500MPH like a jack ass.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not the fact that you don't need to swing it like a mofo, but it's just because it's more fun to do it like that, that probably makes people swing it that way.

I mean, c'mon, if you're gonna play tennis, you're gonna want to smack that mother****ing ball across that mother****ing court, and you're not gonna want to do it with a flick of the wrist.

itr

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
I've played the Wii for many of hours and haven't done that yet, nor has anyone at the local lan that has played the Wii's there. You must be whipping that thing around REALLLLLLY hard to break the strap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom