Prince of Persia Warrior Within (discussion & Spoilers)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've been playing PoP2 WW for about 5 days now and all I have too say is WOW this game is freakin sweet. I would still like too know about this rumour of having no puzzles because the game I'm playing has tons of them.

I'm a little pissed off they didn't keep the cinema cutscenes like back in PoP SoT and now they are using the ingame engines on most of them. It was interesting hearing some licensed music in the game and surprised they just didn't compose it themself instead like in the Dahaka chases they play I stand alone most of the time don't get me wrong its a great song but when you keep hearing it over and over it gets a little tiring.

I love the new combo system they made for this game but they should really have made the combo list a you learn yourself thing not give you every damn combo and move in the game right at the beginning would have been more fun that way especially if you just happen too do the right combo and unlock it and a screen comes up showing you that button combo or something along those lines.

Playing through this island reminds me of Metroid having too go back and fourth about 2 or 3 times before finding where you are suppose too go.

Still with all of the above said I can't complain and hope theres a Prince of Persia 3 heh.

So if you have played it tell us what you thought of the game and post I'm curious too what other people have too say.

Also if your stuck and want help in a part just say what part your stuck on and I'm sure someone will private message you how too do it if you really want too know. Please though keep any walkthroughs of the game in the private messages as others may not have purchased or got a chance too play this wonderful game yet.

Best answers
The engine is quite beautiful. This game is definatly ten times better than SoT, which is great, because SoT was a fun game too. Having a lot of fun with it. All of the new combos are really fun, and the game is a LOT harder, which adds more replay value.

Best answers
Sounds like a decent game to buy for christmas :) IT looks good in the reviews ive read, and i bet its better in-game ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved SoT, and warrior within looks even better. Probably gonna get it for xmas, I can't wait!

Sound Artist
Best answers
I like Sands of Time better, it just seems like this one was rushed. Plus SOT was playable on the PC, WOW seems to be more console friendly. They also made the camera worse.

Best answers
any1 know if the game FABLE for XBOX is good or does any1 know a pimp XBOX game?

Sound Artist
Best answers
Buu-whu said:
any1 know if the game FABLE for XBOX is good or does any1 know a pimp XBOX game?

Wrong thread, your sig is way too big, and fable is very good but the main storyline is very short. (Plenty of extras to take care of that)

Best answers
I never finished playing Sands Of Time. The puzzles just got too damn boring. I've played the demo for PoP2. It seems really coolass. But i have no idea if it's the same prince and/or why he's so different. It seems more focused on combat and i quite love the fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it is the same prince, and he is so different because he's been running almost none-stop for several years from an immortal incarnation of fate, known as the Dahaka.

So ya, he's a little pissed off.

Best answers
I HATE the direction they went with this one.

PoP is about puzzles and some fighting, not fighting and some puzzles. Also, the angsty nu-metal is killing my soul. BEACUSE IM BREAKING THE HABIT WHILE CRAWLING IN MY SKIN CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL.

Can anyone explain to me how the fighting system is so much different from SoT? As far as I can tell, they gave you new combos, new arial attacks, a small set a grapple attacks and a marginally useful second weapon. How is this free form while SoT wasn't. Also, despite all these new moves I still found the insta-kill combo and spammed it through the whole demo, killing hordes of enemies with no problems whatsoever just like in SoT. The only time I couldn't use it was on the metal-thong wearing boss chick, but for her I just did the roll stab over and over and didn't take a lick of damage.

Without strong puzzles PoP is just another generic fighter. I guess I'll give the full version a try and see what it's like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, your getting the wrong idea, warrior within didn't replace puzzles with fighting, it just greatly improved the fighting system to add on top of the puzzles. There are still a lot of puzzles, but now you get a much greater fighting system in between them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the problem i have with it is the fact that they take all the wonderful art aspect from the first game that made it so amazingly awesome to look at and took a big fat generic angsty dump all over it and turned it into ****

yeah prince u smolder with generic rage we get it and we dont care

Best answers
Well I thought the game was pretty fun, (my friend bought it and we played it a bunch yesterday) but I could definitely see getting burned out on it fast. The problem is that the story isnt strong enough for me to want to go through all of that **** time and time again, especially when fighting is exactly the same every time, and the puzzles are pretty much the same every time. It's fun for about a day and then I lose it...just not enough variety to keep me interested.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
PoP is about puzzles and some fighting, not fighting and some puzzles.
Actually it isn't, the first Prince of Persia never had any puzzles, PoP is a platform like Mario (hell even Mario never had any brain breaking puzzles) the goal with platform games isn't about puzzles (if you wanna play a puzzle game with well thought puzzles go play Adventures games like The Legend of Zelda, even Eternal Darkness has got nice puzzles) it's about running through a level avoiding obstacles, traps and over come enemies.

Best answers
DPredator said:
Actually it isn't, the first Prince of Persia never had any puzzles, PoP is a platform like Mario (hell even Mario never had any brain breaking puzzles) the goal with platform games isn't about puzzles (if you wanna play a puzzle game with well thought puzzles go play Adventures games like The Legend of Zelda, even Eternal Darkness has got nice puzzles) it's about running through a level avoiding obstacles, traps and over come enemies.
Semantics.

Best answers
Well, I finally got the game yesterday, but for some reason the game crashes halfway through the intro movie, when the prince says "This storm shows us no mercy!" Anybody know what's causing this? I already tried reinstalling, but to no avail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish I could help you, I've got it on xbox...sorry.

And yes, this game is very good, the fighting system works very fluid and moving the prince around in general is fun. The story, wow. Say what you want but the story is amongst one of PoP2's best points. Only bad thing I could find was that I finished (yet another new game XD) in under 10 hours.....I wish they made games longer these days.

oh and, the Dahaka is the Guardian of the Timeline, not an immortal incarnation of fate :p;)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I beat the game the other day and I'm playing on easy too get the other ending if you want a spoiler or need some help with something feel free too pm me on the forums or if you use irc send me a message there, I'll tell you what ending is better when I get it hehe.

Right now on easy mode I'm just flying through it I just killed the empress of time on the island of time (What original names for an island and an empress) heh Should have made the name for the island kronos or something too do with time.

Anywho more rants too come soon so keep your eyes open.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I played on normal and I still think the game could've been a *little* harder/longer. :\

Best answers
Well, traded in my copy for a new one, works this time. Haven't played too far yet, but I like what I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom